Autumn booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gp surgery are very much on the ball. I had texts ,then a phone call a couple of weeks ago. Had my 5 th covid jab and flu jab yesterday.
I don’t have a spleen hence why I’ve had mine.

My GP surgery are using a text-based booking system. I had the message a few days ago, and really must follow up on it!

Booked mine now. Earliest date I could choose in the online booking system was 22nd Oct!

Our local GP surgery announced that they were having nothing more to do with Covid, but they did offer the flu thing in a month's time. As with grovesy, I had a text from the NHS about Covid, but my non-diabetic wife did not. As she is eligible on account of age, she used the link they gave me to book for herself. Appointments for both of us are next week.

Just booked my flu jab, not sure if the covid booking system is working though as it told me there are no clinics. will try that again later on

I forgot to say they asked if you had had covid in the last 4 weeks as you couldn't have the vaccine if so. Good job it was 8 weeks ago.
That was one of the screening questions on my questionnaire I received, along with other questions on various conditions following previous vaccines.

Our local GP surgery announced that they were having nothing more to do with Covid, but they did offer the flu thing in a month's time. As with grovesy, I had a text from the NHS about Covid, but my non-diabetic wife did not. As she is eligible on account of age, she used the link they gave me to book for herself. Appointments for both of us are next week.
Just received the text and email about booking my Covid vaccine 2 days after other half and day after I have already booked. Also about 8 hours after I had completed my pre vaccine questionaire.

Had my covid booster on Thursday morning, not much in the way of side effects - just a slightly sore arm.

I got a text from GP surgery offering flu booking on 1st October, then nurse offered to give it to me yesterday (apparently no minimum period between if you don't have at the same time this year) but I decided to hold off until work have it, then I can (a) get it in the same arm to keep my writing arm definitely not sore and (b) get paid for the time to go to a vaccination site and have it 😉

I hope you don't get it but I had it and my OH got it 4 days later. I just had a tickly cough, stuffy nose for a day or so but was testing positive for 7 days.
I don't think you can have the booster if you have had covid within a certain time.
So far so good, they are both negative now, but my daughters boyfriend who lives with us has what appears to be flu now! He has slept for 18 hours and not eating, his temperature is really high too, he is only 22 and fit (plays lots of sports) he isnt positive anymore but seems to have caught flu straight afterwards or maybe at the same time.

So far I feel good, but am keeping my distance from him. Brought him some paracetamol and tried to encourage him to eat some pasta, but he isnt well at all bless him.

I am having both my flu and covid jab in 2 weeks time, hopefully I wont have caught either in the meantime.

I am literally the only person in my family who hasnt had covid despite working an ambulance trust. I dont want to tempt fate though 🙂

Had my booster yesterday morning, asked if wanted flu jab at same time so said yes, covid vaccine in left arm flu jab in right few inches off libre sensor.

No side effects at all, not even any difference to bg levels, slightly sore where injections went in but that's all, so that's it for time being.

Had my flu jab last week and got my Covid booster booked for tomorrow morning.

I’ve had the email and text message to book. Unfortunately with a boot cast on, my visual impairment and not always having access to family for support, alongside the fact the nearest place offered when I looked was over 14 miles away, I am unable to book in anywhere yet. I did ring GP but was told there not doing them.

Had my booster yesterday morning, asked if wanted flu jab at same time so said yes, covid vaccine in left arm flu jab in right few inches off libre sensor.

No side effects at all, not even any difference to bg levels, slightly sore where injections went in but that's all, so that's it for time being.
Wow you’re lucky, I had 2 days off in bed following my flu and covid jab, then a third day feeling ill but working from home

I’m getting the double-whammy too 🙂

My surgery seems to think it's ok to do their patients at the end of November.
So I booked flu vaccine for next Friday and Covid vac on the 10th.

Wow you’re lucky, I had 2 days off in bed following my flu and covid jab, then a third day feeling ill but working from home

Not lucky, time before had flu like symptoms for 24hrs, this vaccine was modena which not had before. It was vaccine No5 & expect they'll be plenty more to come as covid isn't going anywhere.

Im off to have mine this afternoon, both COVID booster and the Flu jab. Can I ask those that have had it, were you able to carry on the rest of the day, I plan to pop to town afterwards and do some Christmas shopping, I cant remember when the arm ache and feeling a bit off colour starts, think it was overnight last time but I had it at 6pm and not 2 together so just wondered how it affected people side effect wise.

Im off to have mine this afternoon, both COVID booster and the Flu jab. Can I ask those that have had it, were you able to carry on the rest of the day, I plan to pop to town afterwards and do some Christmas shopping, I cant remember when the arm ache and feeling a bit off colour starts, think it was overnight last time but I had it at 6pm and not 2 together so just wondered how it affected people side effect wise.
I had mine at 2.30 last Saturday, I walked into town ( I’d already walked the four miles to the clinic) did some shopping and walked back. Almost nine miles walked altogether. Felt a bit achy the next morning but made a Sunday roast and did the ironing. Covid arm was uncomfortable in bed for about three days.

@Jenny65 Probably a bit late in replying for you now, but I got my booster this morning and have been round the shops afterwards with no problem. I have taken a couple of Paracetamol just now as there is the tiniest hint of a headache forming (probably more to do with the stress of shopping that the vaccine) and after having a migraine yesterday, I don't want to risk my system getting upset again.
Unfortunately the system at the medical centre I booked at was very poor. They hadn't had the vaccine delivered in time so there was a long queue which obviously didn't move until the vaccine turned up and then they only had one person on reception who checked people's details and then gave you a form to fill in (never had to do that before) before you were called to one of several vaccine rooms, where there was one person to seek you from the waiting room and 2 people to administer the jab.... so the reception was understaffed and causing a further back log and the vaccinators were sitting twiddling their thumbs I imagine between patients and lots of people were getting disgrutled! I queued for just over an hour. I was in a warm, clean corridor so I consider myself fortunate compared the poor people early on in the pandemic, who were waiting outside in the freezing cold for several hours in some cases in the middle of winter for their first vaccine. I felt rather sorry for the receptionist as she was getting the brunt of people's frustration and it clearly wasn't her fault.

I had my flu jab at 9.30 this morning at my GP's and at 11.30 this morning I had my covid jab at my local pharmacy, both events went well with a minimum of fuss.
I must be lucky as with all my previous jabs, both for flu and covid I have had no reactions whatsoever, here's hoping it continues this way - and if you don't hear from me tomorrow I'm in bed..... 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back