Autumn booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my reminder text and email yesterday and still can’t book mine.

Nearest centre or walk in centre are coming up as 15 to 20 miles away.

They seem to want people to have them but don’t provide centres that accommodate people with disabilities and additional needs near by.

The big two centres near me from last time don’t seem to be on the list.

GP still won’t help. So all I can do is keep looking each day on the site.

I hope you weren’t badly impacted by your jab and that your time in USA goes well.
Thanks @SB2015
This week has been a whirlwind. I have felt a bit low energy but i don't know if that is the jabs, the cold I bought with me, jet lag, managing diabetes when my (only) CGM died on the flight over or working from 5am to midnight.
Don't feel sorry for me - the working has been fun, albeit long; and the death of my CGM has reminded me of the good ole multiple finger pricking days.

As an aside, I learned Libre is only available on prescription in Virginia. Who knew something we can get over the counter in the UK requires a doctor's visit the other side of The Pond?

Had my 4th vaccine on 30th November and caught Covid 13th October, hopefully the booster has had time to help reduce the severity 🙂

Had my 4th vaccine on 30th November and caught Covid 13th October, hopefully the booster has had time to help reduce the severity 🙂
Are you time travelling then or was this last year??
If this year.... Sorry to hear you have come down with Covid today. Hope it is as mild as most other people here have reported. At least your body must be in a much healthier state now to fight it than a few months ago.

Are you time travelling then or was this last year??
If this year.... Sorry to hear you have come down with Covid today. Hope it is as mild as most other people here have reported. At least your body must be in a much healthier state now to fight it than a few months ago.
OH wow I seem to have cotton wool in my head, I meant Sept and Oct 🙂

Wife had her 5th dose yesterday, much like myself just sore arm where needle went in, she wasn't given flu jab as didn't have it available so looks like trip to pharmacy over weekend.

I had my 4th dose a week ago together with the flu jab. This time it was Moderna, previously Pfizer. Not sure if it was having the flu jab causing them rather than the COVID jab, but I had side effects as well as sore arms. Very tired, headache, hot, nauseous, sniffly. I spent most of the next 36 hours dozing on the bed and am still sniffly.

Some positive news to share, had a sore throat on Wednesday, tested negative (there is covid in my household so took the test) then yesterday, couldn't stop sneezing felt very tired, took another test, very strong positive, slept all day today and woke up feeling much better and hungry even just did another test and an incredibly weak positive, is it really possible I have shortened the virus to just one day, is it down to the 4 vaccines, as a diabetic I was so scared of this virus and I dont want to undermine anyone else who has suffered worse symptoms (including my household member who was unwell for 10 days) but this may be good news for vaccine and diabetics, maybe they do work and at least I know my immune system is still working 🙂

Last edited:
We had our Covid and Flu jabs Last Monday at home. Mrs B had no side effects, I just felt a bit slowed down for a couple of days. Since then I've had three text reminders that I am eligible for a Covid booster, and Mrs B has had a letter with same advice.🙄

I had my covid booster in work, they have somehow managed to send the details through to GP system twice so it looks on the GP system like I've had a double booster...

We had our Covid and Flu jabs Last Monday at home. Mrs B had no side effects, I just felt a bit slowed down for a couple of days. Since then I've had three text reminders that I am eligible for a Covid booster, and Mrs B has had a letter with same advice.🙄

I booked early on, but have been inundated with text reminders ever since - from different sources.

Too much effort to clean the list I guess, just ‘send to all’ every time

I had the 4th booster last week, no side effects at all. When I had Covid earlier this year I had virtually no symptoms, and only did a test just to make sure that the runny nose I had wasn't anything nasty. I think my wife and daughter had already had it but didn't test as the symptoms were so mild! My son was also positive and he had no symptoms at all... guess we were lucky, as most people I know who had it have had a terrible time, including one person who had long covid and was still ill from it a year later!

I had my flu and bivalent Covid yesterday.

Both in the same arm in the end to avoid my sensor.

Slightly sore arm, and a bit fuzzy-headed, but so far so good 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back