Wordle - Quordle Thread

I think that is all of us regulars finished posting results for the day, so probably safe to comment.

Octordle was quite challenging today with some interesting words, especialyy the first 2 letters of the first word being an unusual pairing. I was lucky in that I got the first letter and then a gap and then the vowel and the usual letter following the first was gone and whilst I was extremely skeptical about that second letter being correct with that vowel after it (ie normally a Y following those 2 letters, once I typed the first 3 letters out, it became obvious there was only one option.

We overlap again @rebrascora! 🙂 It was the first word I got but I had four letters already! :rofl:

I think that is all of us regulars finished posting results for the day, so probably safe to comment.

Octordle was quite challenging today with some interesting words, especialyy the first 2 letters of the first word being an unusual pairing. I was lucky in that I got the first letter and then a gap and then the vowel and the usual letter following the first was gone and whilst I was extremely skeptical about that second letter being correct with that vowel after it (ie normally a Y following those 2 letters, once I typed the first 3 letters out, it became obvious there was only one option.
I was lucky with that, because I got the first and last letters placed correctly, with another consonant guessed but not in the right place, and only one vowel left available. What annoyed me was putting Civet for one of the others, when it was an anagram of it.

Looks like I have done it again with HS and Gold today. Can I do a Hat Trick tomorrow? I am super dubious about another HS as I think I hadn't had one this year. :( Fire away @Mumpie_olgran :rofl:
Only that I wondered if I've previously used as many letters on Octordle as today. Not quite the full house but not far off.

I was lucky with that, because I got the first and last letters placed correctly, with another consonant guessed but not in the right place, and only one vowel left available. What annoyed me was putting Civet for one of the others, when it was an anagram of it.
Congrats on even knowing civet. I didn't have the option of getting that anagram wrong as didn't know it

Assume I'm typing at the same time as someone else as I don't think I've posted first. Hope you midnighters are well rested
Wordle in 4
Quordle in a pretty awful 4 9 5 8 for 26
And Octordle in 60
For a nervous 90
Bonne chance mes amis, there's a target

No sign of @rebrascora then. I went to bed a bit earlier which probably blew my Triple-HS! :( Anyway making a start on a Triple-Gold attempt here.

Wordle in 5 (with an annoying word ( wanted 3, maybe 4 max)

Will be in and out as doing Wordles on the run! (running emoji or should it be hopping one 🙂)

I found them really hard this morning, took me ages and a lot of headscrstching to find anything to fit some of them.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 3,7,5,9
Octordle in 62
Total 90, equalling @Mumpie_olgran

I struggled last night, so went to bed in the hope that I would get divine inspiration this morning but haven't got back to them yet. Comforting to know others also had difficulty. I will likely crash out if you guys are getting 90..... off to see if i can make a bit more headway, now my coffee is taking effect..... and insulin is bringing my errant levels down! 🙄 Both should be conducive to clearer thinking.

Ok, I scraped through....

Wordle in 5
Quordle 4 7 3 8 = 22
Octordle in 67
I had 3 options left on my last (5th word) for the middle letter with only 2 lives, one of which turns up quite regularly with both English and American spelling, so whilst I was drawn to that, I felt it was unlikely, so went with one of the others first which was wrong, so had the situation of last life and 2 options, one of which I suspect is more an English word and the other American, so it was a "Home or Away" choice.

Anyway, definitely not a winning score for me at 94 but just happy to scrape through.

....now off to complete (hopefully) the weekly challenge.

No sign of @rebrascora then. I went to bed a bit earlier which probably blew my Triple-HS! :( Anyway making a start on a Triple-Gold attempt here.

Wordle in 5 (with an annoying word ( wanted 3, maybe 4 max)

Will be in and out as doing Wordles on the run! (running emoji or should it be hopping one 🙂)

Made up a bit of ground with Quordle in 7 for 19 (5, 7, 4, 3)

Tuned into door camera watching for ambulance. Monday never serms a good day for them! 🙄

After seeing how you early posters got on, I decided to wait until lunchtime to attempt today’s puzzles. Glad I did! What an odd set of words. Is that Wordle answer even a real word?

Plus all those American spellings to add to the confusion.

Grand total 6+21+60=87.

Attachments

• IMG_1619.jpeg
    IMG_1619.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 3
Survived the Weekly Quordle Challenge by the skin of my teeth (total 26).

Attachments

• IMG_1620.jpeg
    IMG_1620.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 4
Well I was rubbish at the weekly one
5 8 6 9 for a dismal 28!

Posting before bed again and I am fading fast. Not my best effort but think it was a little tricky again today...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 6 7 8 4 = 25
Octordle on the last life with a score of 68

Think my total of 97 may be a wooden spoon winner!
Best of British to you all later.

Was catching up on the Ipcress File first
Anyway:

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 7 for 21 (5, 4, 8, 6)
Octordle in 11 for 58

Toyal Score 84! Have I done enough? :rofl:

Back