Wordle - Quordle Thread

Just about managed them all today, I got all but the first letter of the second word in Octordle early on, and managed to discipline myself to leave it til last, when I’d got other letters eliminated. I was left with one option, and I had heard of the word, as I used to sing in a madrigal group, and it came in one of the madrigals. We had to look it up.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 5,6,8,7
Octordle in 60
Total 90
I too was really disciplined about leaving it till last and hoping to eliminate all or most options when I came back to it. I thought I had done that as there was only one remaining letter that made a word I knew and disregarded the correct letter because of the context I had heard of the other word... ie Proper noun! Felt like the rug had been ripped from under me when I got the red failure message. Having looked it up, yes I can see how you might have come across it in madrigal singing.
If anyone is reading this who hasn't finished it, we are probably giving away too many clues!! 🙄

My 12th Octordle word gave me the starting letter of the 2nd word as the aim was to find the letter and/or eliminate letters. Guessing would have taken me over the cliff! :rofl:
I guess you eliminated the only other possible with that 12th attempt and I assume you had heard of the word.

Another DNF here. Bottom right in Quordle was my downfall. Shame too as I did well on the other two. Oh well, such is life…

Attachments

• IMG_1593.jpeg
    IMG_1593.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 3
And 61 makes 88...

Well, I have a total score today, so that is an improvement on the last few days but not by much as it is larger than I would like....

Wordle in 5
Quordle 2 6 4 9 = 21
Octordle with a life in hand and a score of 67

Total looks like 93 according to my mental totting up.
Good luck later guys.

And will I get my results before @rebrascora? This is more exciting than election night - well even drying paint is! An average Wordle, followed by an excellent Quordle lead into a messy Octordle with multiple choices and a few unusual words.

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 6 for 18 (6, 4, 5, 3)
Octordle to the wire for 67

Total Score 89. Probably neither the winner nor the looser!

Wordle in 5
Quordle 24
And Octordle in 60
For a passable 89

What did the dreams bring @MikeyBikey??

Wordle in 5
Quordle 24
And Octordle in 60
For a passable 89

What did the dreams bring @MikeyBikey??

Best not say as adult rating! :rofl:

Have done Wordle in 4.

Update: Still waiting on transport. Quordle in 8 for 24. Would have been lower if I had bothered to scroll :(

Still waiting and late for my appointment. Finished Octordle in 12 for 61.

Total Score 89!

Last edited:
Well I crashed (physically as oppose to my usual crashed and burned metaphorically) earlier than usual last night after a long busy but enjoyable day, so just done puzzles this morning and pleased to say I have a score, even if it is rather mediocre...

Wordle in 5
Quordle 5 4 6 7 = 22
Octordle with one life left and a score of 65

Total for the day is 92

Huge score today, I wasn’t concentrating properly, as I was trying to watch the live feed from the British Showjumping National championships on my ipad at the same time. (Club and schools section, not the main event, my great niece is competing. It’s taking place in Stoneleigh, Warwickshire, and they’ve come all the way down from Scotland. I'm thankful my daughter was never into competitive riding!)
Anyway
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 4,7,6,8
Octordle down to the wire in 75 after I had three attempts early in the game to get the starting letter of one of them.
Total 105

Calm down @rebrascora! 🙂 I am not posting early for tomorrow as that time zone change trick adversely affected some things and goodness knows what it would do to Liberia! No it's me being first with the Weekly Quordle Challenge!

Quordle Challenge in 8 for a poor 26! (6, 8, 7, 5)

Screenshot_20230807_221849.jpg

Hadn't realised it was available but just been and completed it. The 4th word caused me a lot of head scratching, as did the first word but I controlled my impulsiveness and worked through the possible options for the first and that gave me another letter for the last which still had me scratching my head for a while but got there in the end. ...

Weekly Quordle Challenge.... 6 4 3 7 = 20

Is @rebrascora typing in parallel I wonder?

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7 for 22 (6, 5, 4, 7)
Octordle in 12 for 62

Total Score (two fat ladies) 88!
No I am in the huff because I failed Quordle!
Wordle in 4 and have spat the dummy out so not doing Octordle till later today when hopefully I will be in a better state of mind. :(

Back