Wordle - Quordle Thread

You have definitely saved me @rebrascora but I think I can be beaten. I woke with a hypo again so after a few JBs decided to try the Wordles. Now got phantom pain! :(

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7 for 20 (3, 5, 6, 7)
Octordle in 11 for 60

Total Score 84!

Last edited:
Pedestrian for me today. Had a gamble that didn’t pay off half way through Octordle
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 6,5,4,3
Octordle in 68
Total 90

DNF for me today (Octordle) so the wooden spoon for me ;-(

Attachments

• IMG_1581.jpeg
    IMG_1581.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 2
Nearly blew out on Octordle tonight as so many options. Fortunately I scored early before I started missing!

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 7 for 19 (7, 3, 5, 4)
Octordle to the wire for 62

Total Score 86! Think it will be beaten today!

I am devastated as I had an absolutely brilliant start with Wordle and Quordle, but unfortunately unlike Mikey, I crashed and burned on Octordle because I had 2 options left on the final word and only one life and of course I picked the wrong one as usual. 😡
Feel like a fisherman with the story of the whopper that got away!

Wordle in 2 ... I only had one green from my first word and it was a very common letter, so hugely lucky to get it in 2.
Quordle 6 5 1 3 = 15 ..... Yes, that is a 1... my starting word came up at last!
Octordle DNF on the last word but it gave me a score of 73... Obviously I am not totaling to get an overall score.

I'm really gutted!! :( Clearly I used up all my luck in the first 2 puzzles.

Congrats to Mikey in evading the wooden spoon. Fingers crossed for you it turns out to be a winner.

Quite a competitive score from me today
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 6 5 3 7 for 21
And Octordle in 56
For a grand total of 80
I have to say I was very lucky to have already chosen letters in Octordle for a word I didn't know. Hope my luck holds at goodwood...

Commiserations @rebrascora 😡 those first two results were epic!

Pedestrian for me today, but I managed to finish all, despite the unknown word in Octordle.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8,5,6,7
Octordle in 65
Total 94.

Got off to a great start (3,18) but ended with a mediocre total of 89 thanks to a disappointing 68 in Octordle. Still I seem to have dodged the dreaded spoon so that’s a good thing.

Attachments

• IMG_1588.jpeg
    IMG_1588.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 3
Was sligy devastated that I didn't get three wins in a row yesterday but a poor Wordle and iffy Octordle blew it for me! But it was very much a low scoring day! Oh well, I will make a coffee and try the newbies as I am wide awake having elt for three hours after a draining physio session! But needs must - with my current right leg issues I need to optomise the use of a prosthetic...

Got a word by third try on every game. It seems if something seems familiar from any earlier game it is worth a punt. Here we go then:

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 7 for 21 (5, 7, 3, 6)
Octordle in 11 for 54

Total Score 78!

Good luck!

Well, I will start the ball rolling, since Mikey said he was going to tackle them but then hasn't posed a result an hour later.... Hope you aren't still puzzling over them Mikey??

Anyway another disaster for me but at least today, I started badly and got worse, so don't feel so bad about it....

Wordle in 5
Quordle 3 7 9 5
Octordle Crashed and burned! Too many options on too many of the words and I was mostly choosing the wrong option, so I ran out of lives with one word to go.

As a result, I am not posting a total score.

Good luck to you guys later..... I will just hang onto the wooden spoon for now if that is OK with everyone else.

Got a word by third try on every game. It seems if something seems familiar from any earlier game it is worth a punt. Here we go then:

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 7 for 21 (5, 7, 3, 6)
Octordle in 11 for 54

Total Score 78!

Good luck!
Can't believe you snuck in there and posted whilst I was typing!!
Think that could be a winning score Mikey as it was a tricky set of puzzles today.

I’m joining you for the wooden spoon today, Barbara. Just couldn’t get anywhere on Quordle and by the time I knew what the last two words were, I'd only got one life left.
Wordle in 4
Octordle in 62

Disappointing total (3+24+67=94) for me but I did manage to finish albeit by the skin of my teeth. Sometimes there’s too much blind luck and guessing in these games which takes a lot of the fun out of it for me personally.

Attachments

• IMG_1592.jpeg
    IMG_1592.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2
Nothing too fancy from this end
6 4 7 8 for 25
And 63 makes 91

Cracking score from @MikeyBikey

Well, if it is a case of 3 strikes and I am out.... then this is it folks :( for me. Big fat dunces hat to go with my wooden spoon and a stool in the corner facing the wall or as my old biology teacher used to deal with plonkers in his class.... draw a chalk dot on the blackboard and have the offender stand with their nose on it! 😱. Would never get away with anything like that these days or any of the other disciplinary stuff he did. o_O We thought the world of him though!

Another DNF for me although I think a word in Octordle might cause a few problems to the rest of you!😡

Wordle in 5
Quordle down to the wire with 9 4 7 6 = 26
Octordle with a fail on the second word. Thought I had it narrowed down to just one with my last life after starting with many options on that word.... but clearly I was wrong!

Good luck to the rest of you in the morning. No doubt there will be at least one clever clogs amongst you who will get a good score. Just hope I am not the only plonker to fail it as I am starting to get an inferiority complex! 🙄

Each game got tricker for me and somehow u got a lower total than I expected.

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8 for 23 (6, 5, 8, 4)
Octordle to the wire for 59 (started scoring on third word, had two misses and then tried to cover as many letters for missing one in @rebrascora 's word).

Total Score 85

@MikeyBikey I had a feeling you would be one of the clever clogs when I made my comment! 🙄 Well done!

Just about managed them all today, I got all but the first letter of the second word in Octordle early on, and managed to discipline myself to leave it til last, when I’d got other letters eliminated. I was left with one option, and I had heard of the word, as I used to sing in a madrigal group, and it came in one of the madrigals. We had to look it up.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 5,6,8,7
Octordle in 60
Total 90

Just about managed them all today, I got all but the first letter of the second word in Octordle early on, and managed to discipline myself to leave it til last, when I’d got other letters eliminated. I was left with one option, and I had heard of the word, as I used to sing in a madrigal group, and it came in one of the madrigals. We had to look it up.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 5,6,8,7
Octordle in 60
Total 90
My 12th Octordle word gave me the starting letter of the 2nd word as the aim was to find the letter and/or eliminate letters. Guessing would have taken me over the cliff! :rofl:

Back