Wordle - Quordle Thread

Quordle chucked up the Weekly Challenge so I gave it a go but only just made it as there is a really obscure".

Weekly Quordle in 9 for 28 (8, 6, 9, 7) which is the highest possible winning score!

I've already fluffed my lines on Quordle with what was for me a rather wonderfully ironic miss
I'll lick my wounds before attempting the others...

Quordle chucked up the Weekly Challenge so I gave it a go but only just made it as there is a really obscure".

Weekly Quordle in 9 for 28 (8, 6, 9, 7) which is the highest possible winning score!
Had to rise to the challenge! Also took 8,7,9,6 and only got there by virtue of having all the letters but in the wrong order for the last, and doing an anagram of it. Never heard of it!

I've already fluffed my lines on Quordle with what was for me a rather wonderfully ironic miss
I'll lick my wounds before attempting the others...
Oh, 'That' one, yes, it took me a couple of attempted anagrams before I got there…it should have been obvious to us.

Had to rise to the challenge! Also took 8,7,9,6 and only got there by virtue of having all the letters but in the wrong order for the last, and doing an anagram of it. Never heard of it!
Neither have I. That's a properly weird one
I will claim to have smashed it with a mighty 5 7 8 6

Well a big day for me. My run in Wordle hit 300! In some ways I feel like breaking the run now as I try to avoid head scratching as my hair is following Francis Rossi's! :rofl: Also some of the last few games have been rather streesful as I felt I dare not go wrong.

Overall in hypo recovery mode and with niggling phantom pain a real Mikey in the Middle performance.

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 22 (3, 8, 6, 5)
Octordle in 12 for 66

Total Score 92! Definitely beatable but a few twisra and turns that might save me from the Spoon of Wood!

@rebrascora what was yesterday's Contexto please? The closest I got was HOUSE which was some way away. Thanks...

View attachment 26890
This is pretty interesting (to a power nerd like me) as I've sometimes wondered what the mean scores are like for others. I've semi consciously seen averaging at less than 4 as a suitable aspiration which I see you have comfortably achieved @MikeyBikey
I'm a little way off that still per the attachment below. And you can ignore the 1. That was my first ever try when someone was showing me the rules!

Attachments

• chrome_screenshot_1690529134633.png
    chrome_screenshot_1690529134633.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 5
This is pretty interesting (to a power nerd like me) as I've sometimes wondered what the mean scores are like for others. I've semi consciously seen averaging at less than 4 as a suitable aspiration which I see you have comfortably achieved @MikeyBikey
I'm a little way off that still per the attachment below. And you can ignore the 1. That was my first ever try when someone was showing me the rules!

I am always hoping my Starter Word comes up one day. My usual Second Word has already come up!

My string of mediocre scores continues, I'm afraid, with a pretty dismal 95 grand total.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 09.15.46.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 09.15.46.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 2
Well I dipped out on Quordle again today :(

Wordle in 4
Quordle 8 9 7 X... Just too many options for that last word and of course I tried evey possible one apart from the correct one which would have been next on my list if I hadn't run out of lives!
Octorfle on the last life with a score of 73.

I claim a share of my usually trophy with @Mumpie_olgran

To make amends, I managed to get the weekly bonus Quordle in 3 8 5 7 = 23 so looks like I didn't do too shabbily at that. My starting word helped me a little (for once) with that odd word. The only single time I changed my starting word it came up in Quordle, so I daren't change it again.

@MikeyBikey The Contexto answer was Island. I had Beach for 3 and Coast for 2 but never found time to go back to it yesterday to see if I could get it.

Fairly usual scores for Wordle and Quordle games but nearly came cropper with Octordle.

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 22 (5, 8, 6, 3)
Octordle to the wire for 70

Total Score 96! Beatable but will I remain in the Spoon of Wood position.

Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 4 6 3 = 20
Octordle with 2 lives left and a score of 58

Total for the day a pretty reasonable 82. Surprising considering that I am in a real rush.

I got stuck in the middle of Octordle, taking three shots at a starting letter, to get one of the words.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 6,8,7,3
Octordle in 68
Total 95.
Just squeaked past @MikeyBikey , but was well behind @rebrascora .

Grand total of 92 here, which lands me kinda in the middle. Well done @rebrascora on that score.

Attachments

• IMG_1551.jpeg
    IMG_1551.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 2
I think with both Quordle and Octordle so much depends on your starting words. I recently changed my third word and thought it was serving me well but it was a total waste of a go with no reward this morning when I was doing Octordle today. Might revert back tomorrow...

It really is a matter of luck. I tried a different starting word for Wordle this morning and got no matching letters. At first I thought that was a wasted go too, but it was actually quite useful since it eliminated so many options.

Been a very long day, but just had a shot at them before bed and surprisingly I finished them all so I have a score...

Wordle in 3
Quordle 3 7 5 8 = 23
Octordle with one life left and a score of 64

Total for the day is a reasonable 90.

Don't think it is a gold star or wooden spoon winner but time will tell. Good luck later guys.

Really annoyed at myself as hitting <RTN> to quickly meant wasted goes in both Quordle and Octordle.

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 26 (5, 8, 6, 7)
Octordle in 11 for 65

Total Score 95 but could have been 87. I deserve the Spoon of Wood! :(

Back