Wordle - Quordle Thread

A bit clumsy from me today but still OK
4 7 6 5 = 22
For an 89

Mediocre enough score here. Grand total 87.

Attachments

• IMG_1553.jpeg
    IMG_1553.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 3
Had a poor start but got better as I went on. A cup of coffee helped...

Wordle in 6
Quordle 2 7 5 4 = 18
Octordle with 3 lives left and a score of 52

Total for the day a possible winner at 76 ??

I also did the weekly challenge Quordle but did less well with 3 8 7 5 for a total of 23.

There I was thinking "That's a damn fine score sir!" after yesterday's debacle. But no @rebrascora makes it look poor!

Wordle in 3 (pretty decent)
Quordle in 7 for 21 (3, 7, 5, 6)
Octordle in 12 for 60

Total Score 84! (a possible winner other days)

There I was thinking "That's a damn fine score sir!" after yesterday's debacle. But no @rebrascora makes it look poor!

Wordle in 3 (pretty decent)
Quordle in 7 for 21 (3, 7, 5, 6)
Octordle in 12 for 60

Total Score 84! (a possible winner other days)

Sorry to "rain on your parade" Mikey but I am sure you don't begrudge me a decent score once in a while! 😉

Sorry to "rain on your parade" Mikey but I am sure you don't begrudge me a decent score once in a while! 😉

Dearest Barbara, I begrudge you not. I was just shocked when I saw you had come in 9.52% lower than my potential winning score. I can see you had a straight from Word 3 in Octordle whereas mine ran from Word 4. My fear is retaining the Spoon of Wood! (fearful emoji)

Then allow me the gallant bid for the spoon
8 6 4 7
Makes 94. Not a dead cert for splintered fingers but lets see

I’m bidding for the wooden spoon today, got bogged down in the middle of Octordle and only just made it home.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8,3,6,5
Octordle in 72
Total 97

Are you still doing Contexto @rebrascora? Last time I tried I had no luck with Duck! Today though my first guess scored 27 and got it on 9. However I am sure their AI is flawed as similar words scored 318 and 7140! (totally puzzled emoji)

Are you still doing Contexto @rebrascora? Last time I tried I had no luck with Duck! Today though my first guess scored 27 and got it on 9. However I am sure their AI is flawed as similar words scored 318 and 7140! (totally puzzled emoji)

I haven't had time for a couple of days but tried it last night and as usual I got down to 2 and got stuck and then spent 20+ more tries getting further and further away. I am not sure which side of midnight that was, but I didn't get it, so it may be that I go back to it or look online at the answer. I think it is one of those that it helps to walk away from and come back to but I am starting to find it irritating how some of the scoring doesn't add up and I hate Americanism's. It is like trying to think in 2 languages, so you use up 2 goes for the same word sometimes. For instance we have gardens but Americans have yards.

Had a poor start but got better as I went on. A cup of coffee helped...

Wordle in 6
Quordle 2 7 5 4 = 18
Octordle with 3 lives left and a score of 52

Total for the day a possible winner at 76 ??

I also did the weekly challenge Quordle but did less well with 3 8 7 5 for a total of 23.

I just did the Weekly Quordle Challenge in 7 for 21 (7, 6, 3, 5).

Screenshot_20230731_171011.jpg

Typical of me, I have gone from one extreme to the other.... Wooden Spoon position for me today I suspect after my uncharacteristic success yesterday....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 9 6 8 3 = 26
Octordle also on the last live with a score of 67

Total for the day, an easy to beat 97. Over to you Mikey..... no pressure or disappointment I think for you today.

Not too bad for me and could have been a lot better as I hadn't spotted I already had all the letters on one of them in Octordle. D'oh!
=

Looks like I will probably be saving you brainy lot from the dreaded kitchen utensil again today, unless someone has a disaster....

Wordle in my usual 4
Quordle 7 3 6 5 = 21
Octordle on the last life with a score of 67

Total for the day = 92

Back