Wordle - Quordle Thread

Thought can I better @rebrascora so gave it a go. Gave up after over 70 goes. Closest I got was house!
Wow! That is still quite a long way from the answer. Good of you to own up, I am guessing to make me feel like I have at least achieved something even if it isn't a Wordle win.
It does take a few goes before you get the hang of it and some days it really makes you stretch your mind in a very different way to the other puzzles.

Well I have come to claim the Wordle Cup with one of my best overall performances yet although I have scored better in each individual game! I had straight flushes in both Quordle and Octordle.

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7 for 22 (4, 7, .6. 5)
Octordle in 10 for 52

Total Score 78

Being on a roll I tried Contexto again. I got there in 26 after heading off in the wrong direction.

Screenshot_20230719_151716.jpg

Screenshot_20230719_151640.jpg

Screenshot_20230719_151523.jpg

Last edited:
As I was woken by a hypo once treated I found I could not get back to sleep so tacked the Wordles. Poorish Wordle followed by my best ever Quordle. I could gave got 5 points and a go less in Quordle if I had not made a typo but at least I had wriggle room!

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 6 for 18 (5, 4, 3, 6)
,Octordle to the wire for 72

Total Score 95

Not a winner but Octordle might just save me from the dreaded Spoon of Wood!

Mixed but overall pleased for me on this strike ridden commute...
Wordle 4
Quordle 4 5 6 7 for 22
Octordle in 62
For a grand total of 88

Yes, Mikey, I will save you from the dreaded kitchen utensil.

Wordle in 5
Quordle 7 5 2 6 = 20
Octordle I crashed and burned with at least 3 options on the last word after a pretty good start.

Interestingly Octordle gave me a rather surprising score of 67 which, if I used it, would give me a total of just 92.... but I failed, so I am not offering it here.

Well at least I finished all three, but with a rather disappointing 96 grand total. Oh well…

Attachments

• IMG_1518.jpeg
    IMG_1518.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 2
First up and delighted to report I have a total for today....

Wordle in 5
Quordle 6 5 4 7 = 22
Octordle in 52 with one life left.... I was down to 3 options on the last word with 3 lives, so no pressure. but still needed 2 out of the 3 to get there.

Anyway my total score for today appears to be 79 which is significantly better than I thought it was going to be, so I have taken my socks off and done the adding up again and still got 79..... Must have been an easy set of puzzles as I don't get scores in the 70s!! Fully expect you guys to get 60s if I can get 70s, so pressure is on....
Failed Contexto yesterday. Got down to Yoghurt for 2 and Kefir was 3 and Smoothie was 4. Milk and milkshake were 20s or 30s. I think I was ups to 80+ guesses and couldn't get it.....Heading off to find the answer and then no doubt face palm that I failed to get something really obvious!

Oh no!! It was a US spelling of Yoghurt "Yogurt" I wasted 40+ tried looking for a word I already had!! Grrrh!! 😡

Started off OK but mired in Octordle thanks to a number of errors (using already excluded letters). Obviously less awake than I think I am! I slept for four hours after I got back from physio. Getting up early in case the wheelchair person (neither an engineer nor a technician) arrives early is deeply frustrating! They have said they will come tomorrow but everything they say lastsike snow when the temperature rises to 50F (20F) overnight. I am getting bl**dy angry as I nearly fell in the bathroom and at physio today. They don't want falls at physio as it entails lots of paperwork!

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8 for 21 (6, 3, 8, 4)
Octordle to the wire for 70

Total Score 96

A count back suggests my errors ost me 11 points!

Oh no!! It was a US spelling of Yoghurt "Yogurt" I wasted 40+ tried looking for a word I already had!! Grrrh!! 😡

I got Tooth in 26 two days ago. Initially I got Cat and Dog which were in the 30s but got very muddled when Wolf was over 2200! In my view there is a serious error in the AI calculator as Dog is related to a Wolf, and a Wolf has bigger Teeth!

I got Tooth in 26 two days ago. Initially I got Cat and Dog which were in the 30s but got very muddled when Wolf was over 2200! In my view there is a serious error in the AI calculator as Dog is related to a Wolf, and a Wolf has bigger Teeth!
I started with happy and then gradually I got smile and mouth and so quite rapidly to teeth/tooth.
Got today's Contexto relatively quickly, so off to bed now.

I think it may come down to frequency of use and other words used in context with those words rather than the logical progression.... so more people have dogs so will talk about dogs teeth and bites etc, whereas the word wolf will be used much less commonly, so the association will be lower.

Sorry to read you are having such a chew on with getting your puncture repaired and of course the worry your poorly foot is causing you. Hope it turns the corner soon and starts improving. I do still think it looks less swollen.

Off to bed now. Night night.

I started with happy and then gradually I got smile and mouth and so quite rapidly to teeth/tooth.
Got today's Contexto relatively quickly, so off to bed now.

I think it may come down to frequency of use and other words used in context with those words rather than the logical progression.... so more people have dogs so will talk about dogs teeth and bites etc, whereas the word wolf will be used much less commonly, so the association will be lower.

Sorry to read you are having such a chew on with getting your puncture repaired and of course the worry your poorly foot is causing you. Hope it turns the corner soon and starts improving. I do still think it looks less swollen.

Off to bed now. Night night.

Now would it have been in the Top Twenty if Gladiators was still on. Like Wolf my name is Michael, we are the same age with similar hair and physique. Sadly since loosing my leg I have gained 10 kg and my pecs have augmented my waist! :(

On the female side it was Ace

Cue the music:

DNF here, even though I got a personal best in Quordle. Oh well…

Attachments

• IMG_1522.jpeg
    IMG_1522.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 4
I am typing this wondering if @rebrascora is typing at the same time (or she may be down the pub). Fortunately rather better than yesterday's lacklustre performance.

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7 for 22 (4, 7, 6,5)
Octordle in 12 for 60

Total Score 86

@rebrascora I took 58 goes in Contexto. I got TOUR quickly but couldn't understand why it was so far from TOURIST!

After the last week my body clock is all over the place. Anyway I just did Contexto in 21. It should have been half that but I seriously overrthought everything.

Defo not down the pub, but in the kitchen cooking a curry from scratch.... spices, fresh ginger and real chillies. My fingers are now a bit numb and trying to remember not to rub my eyes!

Anyway, I thought I did well, but it looks like you beat me already....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 6 8 7 4 = 25
Octordle with 2 lives left and a score of 58

Total for the day a respectable 89. Quite happy with that.

Now, am I going to attempt Contexto before bed?? No chance of beating 21 that is for sure. I know what you mean about tour and tourism. I also got tour reasonably quickly and then kept avoiding tourism because I thought it might be covered by tour.

Very mediocre for me today, I jumped in several times with what I thought was a dead cert, only to find I was one letter out.
Wordle in 6
Quordle in 8,9,7,3
Octordle in 69
Total 102

Back