Wordle - Quordle Thread

Is this wine a new thing to control your BGs. When I was a student I used to tell the consultant I had one of two pints four or five times a week when in fact it was five to eight most days. The first home meters were still a decade away and the consultant based your dose on one blood test every six to mine months, and pouting over your urine test results. Mine were mainly clear which meant a BG below 11 - varies with individual renal threshold! And HbA1c hadn't been invented either. And please don't try this at home!
Yes and no! I go in fits and starts with alcohol. I can go months without any and then I will enjoy a couple of glasses of something most nights. Mostly I have rum and coke or gin and tonic and occasionally a port which needs insulin but I have been enjoying red wine recently. It has a very soporific effect though, so no good drinking it socially as I would fall asleep mid party 🙄 ..... not that I need help to fall asleep... and that was why I didn't post again last night as I was fading fast by the time I finished (or rather didn't finish :() Octordle and somewhat disappointed since I failed it.
Unfortunately I see no BG lowering effects from alcohol at all, be it wine or spirits, so I would have to beg, borrow or steal insulin from a pharmacy or hospital if in the situation @Mumpie_olgran described although I make sure my insulin goes everywhere with me. Exercise thankfully does have a very significant impact though, so maybe just walking all day and night would keep me out of the danger zone.... if I could stay awake.
Anyway, my results for today....

Wordle in 5
Quordle 7 3 9 6 = 25
Octordle I am snatching my Wooden Spoon from @littlevoice359 as I managed to run out of lives with 2 words still to go.

Hence no total for me today .

Kicking things off today ....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 6 3 5 = 21
Octordle with one life left for 66

Total for the day = 91
Not a winning score I think but happy just to get on the score board.

Later start for me having battled some psychological hurdles last night. Chinese takeaway just needs huge amounts more Novorapid and for hours longer than my normal fish and veg....
Anyway
Wordle 4
Quordle 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 = 22
Octordle in 60
For aggregate 86

Finished well after a very shaky start - my Wordle lucky last guess was a complete fluke. Too much luck involved sometimes. Only good thing is that it made me change my starting word for the other two puzzles. This worked well, since I ended with a respectable grand total of 82.

Attachments

• IMG_1437.jpeg
    IMG_1437.jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 4
Really disappointed as I failed at the final hurdle and worst of it is I was left with two choices for the last word although initially I thought it was only one. Then I spent time double checking and found there was another option, so I had to choose as I was on my last life and if I had been my usual impulsive self I would just have put that first word and not looked any harder at it, but of course I talked myself out of choosing the right answer.... Grr. I wouldn't care but I had a pretty good start....

Wordle in 2
Quordle in 4 8 6 7
Octordle I failed on the third word but there were a few tricky ones in there so I think I may not be the only one to come accropper today.

Sadly, no total for me today. Good luck later guys!

Whoa @rebrascora I haven't posted Sunday yet but as I am now awake I will do so:

Wordle in 5 with two blank lines I haven't had before.
Quordle in 7 for 21 (3, 5, 7, 6)
Octordle to the wire for 68

Total Score 94 for the Spoon of Wood that I will hand straight back to @rebrascora!

Got off to a good start, but as you say, Octordle was trickier, and I had a couple of wasted goes along the way (I mean ones where I was sure it was x, and it turned out to be y, which I hadn’t thought of) but I managed it with a spare life in the end.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 7,4,3,6
Octordle in 64
Total 87.

Personal best for me in the grand total today of 76. I think choosing different starter words definitely helped. I also waited until after breakfast to give my brain time to get in gear.

Attachments

• IMG_1448.png
    IMG_1448.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 2
I can't beat
Personal best for me in the grand total today of 76. I think choosing different starter words definitely helped. I also waited until after breakfast to give my brain time to get in gear.

I can't beat that from where I am but may avoid sharing the Spoon of Wood if I am careful...

I can't beat

I can't beat that from where I am but may avoid sharing the Spoon of Wood if I am careful...
I am more than happy to share with you Mikey!

I'm a scratch today. Some dumb moves on Octordle where I just didnt think about multiple options and in my petulance I haven't bothered with the other two!
Balsa wood at best for my spoon today

Okey dokey yesterday's scores:

Wordle in 3
Quordle for 22
Octordle in 12 for 65

Total Score 90

So another Mikey in the Middle!

Up at 4:00 after a very disturbed night of pain. Anyway painkillers and Wordle as a distraction. Great start on Wordle and Quordle but Octordle was a strufdle but got there.

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 6 for 18 (6, 3, 4, 5) - my best ever
Octordle to the wire for 69

Total Score 90 but both beatable but unlikely Spoon of Wood!

Good luck guys and gals! I am struggling to stay awake!

Only Wordle so far, and a good start with a 2.
Time taken up with Nerdle (the usual 3 today) and Worldle which was a 2 after a lucky guess for the start.

Uh-oh, what's this? Nerdle and Worldle? I hadn't even come across Quordle and Octordle before diagnosis and finding this forum....I might need to save these treats for the weekend

To my current fixes:
Wordle in 3
Quordle 4,5,6,7 = 22
Octordle in 60
For a grand total of 85

Cracking score yesterday @littlevoice359

Back