Wordle - Quordle Thread

Well alcohol clearly helps me with these because I have failed this morning attempting them sober....

Wordle in 5
Quordle 4 5 6 7 = 22
Octordle I ran out of lives so failed on no 7. I imagine there will be a few US players who are frustrated with the English spelling of a word today. What is annoying is that I have almost got to the point of thinking of the US spelling first now, so that fooled me, especially when you are sitting with both options and have to choose. Grrh!

Thanks for the hint @rebrascora! I have done Wordle in 5 and scored 19 in Quordle so all to play for but limited by battery as waiting in physio.

Thanks for the hint @rebrascora! I have done Wordle in 5 and scored 19 in Quordle so all to play for but limited by battery as waiting in physio.
Oops!! Happy to give you a little helping hand.... albeit unintentionally. 🙄

Good luck with physio and Octordle when you have power supply to complete it.

6 (phew! As it rather irritatingly says)

4 5 6 7 for 22

And 64

For 92

After a frustrating day yesterday (see waking BG) this morning I join the race to the bottom. I tried to be too clever in Quordle so dumbed it down and ran off the end. When I pick myself up (don't worry only figuratively speaking) might try Octordle!

Wordle in 4
Quordle off the end (6, 4, 8, X) making 28!

Just looked at my notes. Got Octordle in 12 for 62 so would have had a Total Score of 93 if I hadn't done the wrong way on my last Quordle guess. Such is life as they say!

I was down to 18% when I got home, so needed to charge and make some phone calls.

When I finally got going in was Octordle in 12 for 60 giving me a Total Score of 84. I have no idea if I would have gone with the US spelling without the hint so ask @littlevoice359 to step up and join me on the top of the podium!

Might be late tomorrow depending on Patient Transport for Opthalmology check.

Early start as Opthalmology for routine eye check today. Will try and do Wordles before I leave. So far:

Wordle in 6 (so many options)
Quordle in a decent 7 for 20 (6, 7, 4, 3)

Wish me luck at Opthalmology! Octordle optional!

Early start as Opthalmology for routine eye check today. Will try and do Wordles before I leave. So far:

Good luck!

Slow and steady for me today.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8,5,6,3
Octordle in 66
Total 92

And to complete Octordle in 12 for 66 giving me a Total Score of 92 tieing with @Robin!

Makes 90

Trailing by 1 it seems, with my grand total of 93. My own fault as I made an unforced error in Octordle.

Attachments

• IMG_1430.jpeg
    IMG_1430.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 2
I got Wordle in 4 in the early hours.
Then got stuck on Quordle and have yet to go back to it with 2 still to get and 3 lives left if I remember rightly.
Octordle with 2 lives left and a score of 59.....

Just scraped in there with 15 mins to spare and got the last 2 Quordle words with a life to spare and a score of 7 3 6 8 = 24..... Interestingly it all looked a lot more obvious after a glass of wine again!!

Anyway.... Total for the day = 4+24+59 = 87

Another 10 mins and I can tackle tomorrows puzzles on the wings of the same glass of wine!

Am I first up today? Maybe that glass of vino has pushed you back @rebrascora

Anyway it's a bit of a nearly there day for me...
4 5 7 8 = 24
For a 91

Another 10 mins and I can tackle tomorrows puzzles on the wings of the same glass of wine!

Is this wine a new thing to control your BGs. When I was a student I used to tell the consultant I had one of two pints four or five times a week when in fact it was five to eight most days. The first home meters were still a decade away and the consultant based your dose on one blood test every six to mine months, and pouting over your urine test results. Mine were mainly clear which meant a BG below 11 - varies with individual renal threshold! And HbA1c hadn't been invented either. And please don't try this at home!

Makes me wonder. If I got stuck somewhere and couldn't access any insulin, what would be the best thing to do? Gentle exercise all day and a glass of wine an hour 24/7??

Wooden spoon for me I think. Ran out of choices in Octordle. Oh well, such is life…

Attachments

• IMG_1434.jpeg
    IMG_1434.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 3
I only just scraped home on Octordle, having got off to a good start on it.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 4,7,6,5
Octordle in 69
Total 96

Completed Wordle and Quordle but taking a breather as have had muggy headache since a few hours after dilatation, scan, etc. yesterday. Usually I sleep it off but with long day and disturbed night it continues...

Back