Wordle - Quordle Thread

Much better day for me, they just seemed to fall in with my starting word.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 4,6,7,5
Octordle in 52, three lives left.
Total 78.
Even the final word which I’d not heard of fell into place because of what I'd got left. This will never happen again!

The wooden spoon goes to me this morning, as I had not one but two DNF results, so no grand total. Truth be told, I was distracted and mistyped in Quordle. So, after the DNF there I was not well inclined to give Octordle a decent attempt. Just one of those days…

Attachments

• IMG_1401.jpeg
    IMG_1401.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1
Streaky for me..
Wordle 4
Quordle an uninspiring 5,7,8, 9 = 29 (d'oh)
Octordle in what I thought was pretty good 60 until I saw @Robin with a 52!
So I'm in for a 94

Overall a pretty good start to the day as I've had ridiculously good TIR last three days (I know - enjoy it while it lasts) and two happy goldfinches back to our garden

Congrats @Robin for a terrific score

Waiting for painkillers to cut in again! So here goes:

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 7 for 22 (7, 6, 4, 5)
Octordle in 11 for 57

Total Score 84! Beatable with focus but there be traps for the sloppy!

Off to bed now a pain down to burning sensation at top of foot. Knife through knee, brocken ankle and vicious cramp gone for now!

Last edited:
Well, I woke up at 3am having a very vivid and stressful dream about Rebel. So much so that I couldn't get back off to sleep and had to get dressed and head up to the yard to check on them. Got a lovely welcome when I got there and everyone was thankfully fine and it was a lovely morning for a walk with the dawn chorus and the walk plus some Fiasp helped bring my levels down, so all lots of positives.... Sat down to Wordle when I got back and I have completed them all without the aid of coffee, so here goes with results....

Wordle in 3
Quordle 2 5 6 7 = 20
Octordle in 12 for 68

Total for the day falls a bit short of @MikeyBikey at 91 but I think I did OK and hoping that I am not in my usual last place with that.

Well it's clearly not going to be my day. Fallen at the first hurdle on wordle, although to be fair literally luck of the draw as you can see from the pattern below. Just impossible to guarantee a result when you start like that on hard mode.
Never mind and at least it gives me a spoon to play with!

Edit: rounded it out with a 65 and 3,4,5,7=19

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230624_055635.jpg
    Screenshot_20230624_055635.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Fair for me today, had the reverse of @Mumpie_olgran in that I got the last three letters of Wordle, but fortunately there weren’t that many options for the first two. My starting word is working for me at the moment, I was doing so badly last week I nearly changed it.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8,5,6,3
Octordle in 61 with two spare lives
Total 86

Well it's clearly not going to be my day. Fallen at the first hurdle on wordle, although to be fair literally luck of the draw as you can see from the pattern below. Just impossible to guarantee a result when you start like that on hard mode.
Never mind and at least it gives me a spoon to play with!

Edit: rounded it out with a 65 and 3,4,5,7=19
Are there really that many words starting with those 3 letters? I am struggling to think of 3 and for you not to get at least one of the other letters in the process is just bizarre!.... Are you sure you were playing the same game as the rest of us?
You have to be seriously unlucky to not get it in 6..... usually my sort of luck! 🙄

Cancel that.... Just got a pencil and paper and tried and sure enough, there are plenty of 5 letter words starting with those 3 letters.... Now wondering how come I got it so quickly and easily from 2 yellow in my first attempt.

Started well but finished poorly.

Attachments

• IMG_1405.jpeg
    IMG_1405.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 4
Cancel that.... Just got a pencil and paper and tried and sure enough, there are plenty of 5 letter words starting with those 3 letters.... Now wondering how come I got it so quickly and easily from 2 yellow in my first attempt.
I know. Pretty bonkers isn't it. I was rattling them off awfully quickly too!

Battling a persistent hypo and really don't want to over treat it before I go to bed and end up high all night. I JB would normally sort it but I am about 4 down with a bit of other stuff as well and still got a tingly tongue. Anyway, I have made it through all 3 puzzles whilst munching JBs, waiting and retesting.... with surprisingly reasonably good results. Again I don't think they are winners but hopefully will keep me from dunces corner! 🙄

Wordle in 4
Quordle 3 4 7 8 = 22
Octordle with 2 llves left and a score of 59

Total for the day is 85

Good luck later guys.

Battling a persistent hypo and really don't want to over treat it before I go to bed and end up high all night. I JB would normally sort it but I am about 4 down with a bit of other stuff as well and still got a tingly tongue. Anyway, I have made it through all 3 puzzles whilst munching JBs, waiting and retesting.... with surprisingly reasonably good results. Again I don't think they are winners but hopefully will keep me from dunces corner! 🙄

Wordle in 4
Quordle 3 4 7 8 = 22
Octordle with 2 llves left and a score of 59

Total for the day is 85

Good luck later guys.

Dare I try? I woke with 3.0 well hypo dropping the strips as I tried to double check. And Wordle won't let me start with BRAINY!

Update - struggled through Wordle in 4 to a rather familiar word!

Quordle in 8 for 22 (5, 6, 8, 3) and yet again familiar answers.

So it's all on Octordle @rebrascora. Another tea and maybe paracetamol for my hypo head!

Last edited:
Pretty budget from me
3 5 6 7

For a 96
My advice to those not yet to do it, is don't take blind and stupid guesses

Hope your sugars settled in the end @rebrascora. Funny day for me yesterday too where I basically didn't need any bolus for meals which in ordinary days (ie those where I'm not dropping consistently) I would have dosed 2, 2 and 4 units. Warm weather and being outside a lot I guess

Did OK this morning, my trusty starting word, which I was about to ditch last week, did me proud.
Wordle in 2
Quordle in 4,6,7,5
Octordle in 58, two lives left.
Total 82

Pretty average grand total of 88 for me, but I did score a personal best of 16 in Quordle, so I count that as a win, of sorts.

Attachments

• IMG_1406.png
    IMG_1406.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 3
Had average start with Octordle then really struggled and had to put it away till hypo headache eased. So my final declaration is:

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 22
Octordle in...
Patience @rebrascora
13 for 67

So it's Mikey in the Middle with a Total Score of 93!

First to declare this morning?
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 4,5,7,6
Octordle in 61
Total 86

Back