Wordle - Quordle Thread

Afraid I timed myself out yesterday on wordle. Literally spent half an hour on the train and couldn't even think of more guesses to get in for attempt 4! I had blank A blank O blank (or the other way round) and just "blanked" from there... So if someone wouldn't mind putting me out of my misery, id love the answer and will offer myself up as yesterday's spoon winner as payment

Not sure if I'll get a chance to look today til much later
If you really want to know..... and you are going to hate that you wasted so much time on this......

KAZOO....... Really can't believe it is a word other than the obvious car sales business name.

Afraid I timed myself out yesterday on wordle. Literally spent half an hour on the train and couldn't even think of more guesses to get in for attempt 4! I had blank A blank O blank (or the other way round) and just "blanked" from there... So if someone wouldn't mind putting me out of my misery, id love the answer and will offer myself up as yesterday's spoon winner as payment

Not sure if I'll get a chance to look today til much later
Kazoo.
Oh, @rebrascora beat me to it. It’s one of those stupid plastic 'musical instrument' things that you blow down, only you have to make the noise as well, and it comes out as a buzzy sort of noise.

If you really want to know..... and you are going to hate that you wasted so much time on this......

KAZOO....... Really can't believe it is a word other than the obvious car sales business name.
That is either depressing or childish. Makes me want to complain to the automated bot that makes these puzzles

I am waiting for transport after Limb Fitting review but having to limit phone usage as the Libre app is bl**y hungry. Cannot help but feel the reader would.be better! On 26 after first two games so with luck and skill the win (or a share of the Spoon of Wood) is there for the taking! And the word in Quordle lower left is bl**dy silly!

but having to limit phone usage as the Libre app is bl**y hungry.
Do you have the "Out of range alarm on Mikey. I know I use the reader rather than the phone app but since I switched off the out of range alarm, which was just a nuisance anyway, my reader battery lasts much longer. Just a thought of something you could try to reduce the drain on the battery.

Do you have the "Out of range alarm on Mikey. I know I use the reader rather than the phone app but since I switched off the out of range alarm, which was just a nuisance anyway, my reader battery lasts much longer. Just a thought of something you could try to reduce the drain on the battery.

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for thinking of me. I turned that alarm off within days of starring Libre but I still get Out of Range alarms occasionally... x

So today's results:

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 22
Octordle to the wire for 69

Total Score 95

So it's back to Mikey in the Middle!

So an early entry in the longest day before I sleep. The hypo kicked off phantom pain so I have taken some proper painkillers and am on the point of drifting off having sacrificed few JBs!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 23 (5, 3, 7, 8)
Octordle in 11 for 60

Total Score 87

Might or might not be a winning score. Each game is eminently beatable but there are traps to a low overall total.

Guess who dipped out on Octordle yet again! 🙄 My own fault for doing them at 2am without the support of coffee...

Wordle in 5
Quordle 6 7 3 5 = 21
Octordle was a fail on the 4th word but it was the 7th word which ate up too many lives because with 4 letters there were too many options and I kept thinking I would get lucky with my next choice, but of course I didn't. :(

Anyway, no score for me today and I think Robin and Mikey have set the bar pretty high for those puzzles so already dished out gold stars. I may yet end up having to be overly generous and award them to everyone.... except myself of course. Just a dunces hat for me again!

Happy enough with my result today, considering, as those puzzles had quite a few pitfalls. Well done @MikeyBikey and @Robin on an impressive score of 87.

Grand total 89.

Attachments

• IMG_1399.jpeg
    IMG_1399.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Long day for me but by the looks of it maybe a successful one
Wordle in 2
Quordle 4,5,7,8 = 24
Octordle 58

Total 84

Nice lucky shot in wordle was helpful...

Setting the ball rolling for today and at least I have a combined score to report although not exactly an impressive one.

Wordle in 4
Quordle down to the wire with 8 7 9 3 = 27
Octordle with 2 lives left and a score of 56

Total for the day = 87

Very pedestrian score today. Nearly failed Wordle! Because we do it in hard mode amongst the family, I don’t have the option to ignore guessed letters if I want to do some eliminating, so was stuck with four correct letters with two lives left and four possibilities, luckily I guessed correctly.
Wordle in 6
Quordle in 7,4,8,6
Octordle in 65.
Total 96

I was luckier in my choices this morning. Grand total 80.

Attachments

• IMG_1400.jpeg
    IMG_1400.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 3
4 5 6 7 = 22
For me makes 87. Tied with @rebrascora in second behind a very impressive Octordle score in particular from @littlevoice359

Waiting for transport so preserving battery by only Wordling when phone plugged in! So far:

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8 for 25

Need Octordle in 50 or less! Here goes! Hope it's easier than first two...

And I went to the wire with Octordle racking up 71 points for grand total of 101 handing me the Spoon of Wood for the first time in a while. Some pretty stupid words in Octordle including that ridiculous one that is really initials! We really need a version using the King's English!

As Arnie said "I'll be back"!

Kicking off todays results....

Wordle in 3
Quordle 4 7 6 8 = 25
Octordle with one life left and a score of 66

Total for the day 94.

Definitely a beatable result but happy to have finished all three. Good luck later guys..... Oh and thanks to Mikey for relieving me of the onerous burden of my usual trophy.

Back