Wordle - Quordle Thread

Wordle in 2 (definitely given up on my former starting word now!)
Quordle 3, 5, 6, 7
Octordle 59
For a much more respectable 82

I got bogged down due to an American spelling in Octordle which used far too many lives up as there were so few English words starting with those 3 letters, I was sure my next attempt would get it, so 3 lives wasted there. Thankfully I did at least complete them all but looks like I will be taking home my usual trophy...

Wordle in 3
Quordle 7 3 6 5 = 21
Octordle with one life left but a whopping score of 70

Total for the day 94

Those US spellings are really annoying! Disappointing total of 98 for me this morning, in large part due to distraction and annoyance with same.

Attachments

• IMG_1413.jpeg
    IMG_1413.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 2
This a a late post for yesterday as too tired to tackle today's set!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7 for 22 (5, 4, 7, 6)
Octordle to the wire again for 65 (and some rubbish words)

Total Score 91 from Mikey in the Middle!

Wordle in 4
Poor Quordle of 5 6 7 9 for 27
And Octordle in 60
Has Mumpie over the line in 91
Bonne chance mes amis

It's Mikey in the Middle again!

Wordle in 3
Quordle to the wire for 24 (3, 5, 9, 7)
Octordle in 12 for 67 (definitely tricky in parts)

Total Score 94

DNF here. Is the bottom left in Octordle even a valid word?

Attachments

• IMG_1421.jpeg
    IMG_1421.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1
DNF here. Is the bottom left in Octordle even a valid word?
I did wonder, having worked out what it must be, Collins online dictionary has it in, but there again, it has some other very doubtful words in as well.
You've saved me from the wooden spoon, anyway.

Well I am delighted to see that I am not the winner of the wooden spoon today (thanks @littlevoice359) and not far off the mark by the looks of it. I did them in the early hours with a half a bottle of wine on board ie. fairly inebriated and struggling to stay awake, so quite proud of the fact that I finished at all. I haven't totaled them up yet so, not sure where I stand...

Wordle in 3
Quordle 9 7 4 5 = 25
Octordle with one life left and a score of 63

Here we go... Score for the day is 91

Blooming heck!! I am joint first with @Mumpie_olgran! Maybe I need half a bottle of wine more often!
As regards the bottom left in Octordle, I have come across it before in these puzzles.... maybe in practice mode.... so I got that quite early on.

I decided to employ the same tactic as last night ie. I finished off the bottle of wine, but not sure it helped tonight/this morning....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 5 9 6 7 = a big number.... hang on.... 27 by the look of it, but that wine is really making me see things squiffy!
Octordle on the last legs (or maybe that is me 🙄 ) with a score of 69. I may be tipsy but I am not going to make any comment that might get me into trouble. 😉

Now I am really going to have to rally the remaining frazzled brain cells to total this up, but looks like a score of .... Wow!.... I scored a straight century... I think!
Definitely not a winning score today I am sure, unless it is winning me my usual place in the corner with the Spoon of Wood and a large conical hat bearing the letter D, which will no doubt be a relief to the rest of you.
Look forward to reading you guys' results later in the day. after some kip. Night night!

I decided to employ the same tactic as last night ie. I finished off the bottle of wine, but not sure it helped tonight/this morning....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 5 9 6 7 = a big number.... hang on.... 27 by the look of it, but that wine is really making me see things squiffy!
Octordle on the last legs (or maybe that is me 🙄 ) with a score of 69. I may be tipsy but I am not going to make any comment that might get me into trouble. 😉

Now I am really going to have to rally the remaining frazzled brain cells to total this up, but looks like a score of .... Wow!.... I scored a straight century... I think!
Definitely not a winning score today I am sure, unless it is winning me my usual place in the corner with the Spoon of Wood and a large conical hat bearing the letter D, which will no doubt be a relief to the rest of you.
Look forward to reading you guys' results later in the day. after some kip. Night night!
Really made me laugh!

Don’t worry, @rebrascora , I've saved you from the wooden spoon, I failed on two words in Octordle, one through running out of options, the other by stupidly failing to spot I’d got one of the letters guessed higher up.
Wordle in 6,
Quordle in 3,5,6,7
Octordle FAIL.

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 5 6 7 8 for 26
And Octordle for 62

Sums to 92

After a frustrating day yesterday (see waking BG) this morning I join the race to the bottom. I tried to be too clever in Quordle so dumbed it down and ran off the end. When I pick myself up (don't worry only figuratively speaking) might try Octordle!

Wordle in 4
Quordle off the end (6, 4, 8, X) making 28!

Pretty mediocre result for me also. Grand total 91.

Attachments

• IMG_1425.jpeg
    IMG_1425.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 3
First on again? At least I’ve got a score this morning, albeit a mediocre one.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 7,5,4,6
Octordle in 68
Total 95.

Much better luck with my choices this morning. Grand total 86.

Attachments

• IMG_1429.jpeg
    IMG_1429.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 3
Well alcohol clearly helps me with these because I have failed this morning attempting them sober....

Wordle in 5
Quordle 4 5 6 7 = 22
Octordle I ran out of lives so failed on no 7. I imagine there will be a few US players who are frustrated with the English spelling of a word today. What is annoying is that I have almost got to the point of thinking of the US spelling first now, so that fooled me, especially when you are sitting with both options and have to choose. Grrh!

I imagine there will be a few US players who are frustrated with the English spelling of a word today
Ooh, so it was.(Top right, I assume you mean). It never occurred to me, luckily by the time I got to that word, the letters in question were the right way round, from guesses on other words.

Back