Wordle - Quordle Thread

I see @rebrascora is in the room. Will she snatch the Gold or the Spoon of Wood? This is more exciting than Eurovision!:rofl: Speaking of which I heard a few entries yesterday - awful! :( Think we should go.with the Rolling Stones next year! 🙂

Disaster for me. Struggled with all 3. My head clearly wasn't in the right place, so claiming the wooden spoon yet again! 🙄
Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 8 6 5 = 26
Octordle Blew it. Just chose all the wrong options early on and ran out of lives to complete it although I had solved the last word.

Sending (((Hugs)))! Better luck tomorrow. I am starting to think the individuals setting them are no longer picking random works but looking to create traps!

Wordle in 5
Qurodle in 3 4 8 7 = 22
Totally blew Octordle. Not sure if it is because I am hypo or because I am short of time this morning and shouldn't have attempted it until later, or just because as usually I made all the wrong choices first. haven't finished it but I am at least 2 lives short so it may end up my worst ever result. Not sure it was that difficult, I was just in the wrong head space again.... mostly too rash and unlucky.

I didn’t find them too bad today, though it took a bit of head scratching, I think my starting word is working for me at the moment, whereas sometimes it doesn’t..
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 4,7,5,6
Octordle in 55, two lives left.
Total 80

@rebrascora I think it's because they seem particularly tricky today. Both Quordle and Octordle went to the wire. I was lucky on my last guess with Quordle as a few options. With Octordle I had to put in a sacrificial with four guesses and three words left. Working out a sacrificial was hardest guess of the morning.

Wordle in 4
Quordle to the wire for 28 (7, 8, 4, 9)
Octordle to the wire for 70

Total Score 102 🙂

I didn’t find them too bad today, though it took a bit of head scratching, I think my starting word is working for me at the moment, whereas sometimes it doesn’t..
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 4,7,5,6
Octordle in 55, two lives left.
Total 80

@rebrascora was hypo, I started hyper and you had a HS. Conclusion - normal BGs are best for Wordle! 🙂

Disaster for me, I’m afraid, so I’ll be very surprised if I don’t get the wooden spoon

Disaster for me, I’m afraid, so I’ll be very surprised if I don’t get the wooden spoon

You can either share the Spoon of Wood with @rebrascora or if she agrees have a play off with the Sequentials?

My sister usually beats me, and did again in Wordle (2) and Quordle (22) but bombed in Octordle! Makes me feel a lot better about today's performance! 🙂

Quordle daily sequence in 22

Attachments

• IMG_1295.jpeg
    IMG_1295.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 2
I am pretty sure I won the wooden spoon fairly and squarely in the first round having ended up with 4 (yes FOUR) red squares in Octordle although I did get very slap happy towards the end.... It have me a score of 98.... just for Octordle! 😱

However.... I have played along with @MikeyBikey's suggestion of a Sequential play off and the result just confirms my wooden spoon ownership....

Seq. Quordle 4 6 8 10 = 28
Seq. Octordle 75.

Now....Hand it over! You know it is mine! :D

I forgot about Seq Octordle. Did it just now and got really lucky - total 60.

Attachments

• IMG_1296.jpeg
    IMG_1296.jpeg
    28.9 KB · Views: 3
I am pretty sure I won the wooden spoon fairly and squarely in the first round having ended up with 4 (yes FOUR) red squares in Octordle although I did get very slap happy towards the end.... It have me a score of 98.... just for Octordle! 😱

However.... I have played along with @MikeyBikey's suggestion of a Sequential play off and the result just confirms my wooden spoon ownership....

Seq. Quordle 4 6 8 10 = 28
Seq. Octordle 75.

Now....Hand it over! You know it is mine! :D

As @littlevoice359 has beaten you fairly and squarely in the playoffs you fully retain the Spoon of Wood @rebrascora :rofl:

After all this I had to try the Sequentials myself. Poor Quordle version but better Octordle one.

Sequential Quordle in 8 for 25 (4, 6,7,8)
Sequential Octordle in 11 for 60

So it's goodnight from me and goodnight from, er, Klutz (a replica cat as pets not allowed) . I sometimes put him inside the juliet balcany patio door and some people think he is real. Wish he was!

Middle-of-the-road result this morning - grand total 89. Better luck to the rest of you!

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 07.41.47.png

I was unlucky as usual...

Wordle in 5
Quordle 4 8 7 5 = 24
Octordle I was doing brilliantly and had 5 lives left going into the last word with 4 letters and 3 possible first letters left and of course I chose the wrong two first. My final result was still 54 with 2 lives left but with better luck I could have been in the 40s. Arrgh!

Total for the day = 83

Well a very average day for me!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7 for 21 (3, 7, 5, 6)
Octordle in 12 for 64

Total Score 89 - so Spoon of Wood to me today. Hope you have washed it throughly after last night's spag bol @rebrascora?

As I started Sequential Quordle in error :(earlier) I thought I ought to finish it. Once I got the first word (realised my mistake at guess 3) I got a straight flush! 🙂

Sequential Quordle in 7 for 22 (4, 5, 6, 7)
🙂

Can you do better? .

Back