Wordle - Quordle Thread

Disaster for me. Definite wooden spoon :(

Attachments

• IMG_1287.jpeg
    IMG_1287.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 4
Finally got back to Octordle and posting ow before today becomes tomorrow and @rebrascora 's results for tomorrow become today's and mine appear after as yesterday's!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 24(5, 7, 8, 4)
Octordle in 12 for 62

Total Score 90

Screenshot_20230510_232214.jpg

Screenshot_20230510_232133.jpg

Screenshot_20230510_232054.jpg

And here it is.... tomorrow already!.... and another big score for me but at least I completed all 3....

Wordle in 6.... Why is it that you always choose every wrong option before the right one!!
Quordle 6 4 7 5 = 22
Octordle 5 7 6 8 10 9 12 11 = 68

Grand total of 96.
Good luck guys!

Will pad out later as on transport bouncing around and wondering what physio will say about blister?

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8 for 25
Octordle in 12 for 65

Grand Total 95

Couldn’t get on the forum earlier. Thought it was deliberately blocking me from posting yet another record breaking low score. I don’t think I've ever done Octordle in fewer, I was dead lucky and it’ll never happen again!
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 3,6,5,7
Octordle in 2,5,7,6,9,3,4,8, total 44!
Grand total 70.

Daily Octordle #472
2️⃣5️⃣
7️⃣6️⃣
9️⃣3️⃣
4️⃣8️⃣

Much more mediocre total of 84 for me. :-(

Attachments

• IMG_1289.jpeg
    IMG_1289.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 3
Looks like I earned the wooden spoon again today.
Many congrats to @Robin on an absolutely brilliant score!

Hi all, I know you missed me...
I do quite frequently try a couple of puzzles, fairly often crash out, look at this page anyway and see how outgunned I am (I'm sure it's only the time pressure I put myself under...)
Anyway had a pop at Octordle today and think I basically hit the near perfect score
See below

Daily Octordle #472
7️⃣8️⃣
6️⃣4️⃣
3️⃣2️⃣
9️⃣5️⃣

And then of course I see that @Robin has only gone and done the same thing today anyway! Fair play to you!

I suppose it's theoretically possible to guess the starter one right and keep going from there too and score a 36 but still

I do quite frequently try a couple of puzzles, fairly often crash out, look at this page anyway and see how outgunned I am (I'm sure it's only the time pressure I put myself under...)
Anyway had a pop at Octordle today and think I basically hit the near perfect score
See below

Daily Octordle #472
7️⃣8️⃣
6️⃣4️⃣
3️⃣2️⃣
9️⃣5️⃣

And then of course I see that @Robin has only gone and done the same thing today anyway! Fair play to you!

I suppose it's theoretically possible to guess the starter one right and keep going from there too and score a 36 but still

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Tty all three and challenge for the Gold or the Spoon of Wood! :rofl:

See below

Daily Octordle #472
7️⃣8️⃣
6️⃣4️⃣
3️⃣2️⃣
9️⃣5️⃣

It very much depends on the words, I find. Sometimes they choose ones with lots of double letters, or words where there are several that have four letters the same and just start differently, and we all get cricket scores. Then it depends how many you manage to nail with your starting word.Today it all came together for me, but there have been plenty of times when I've crashed out, and someone else has breezed through it.

Another poor score for me this morning, but at least I have a score to post...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 6 7 4 5 = 22
Octordle with one life left and a score of 68 (pleased to see the site is giving us our score again)

Total for the trio is 94 today.

@Mumpie_olgran Please join in more often, even if you don't do all 3. The more the merrier here on the thread. Besides, the more people that take part, the less likely I am to claim the wooden spoon every day.... well theoretically anyway 🙄

I should have known better than to think I would be first today. No not an earlier riser but... I was so tired yesterday that I forgot my evening Gabapentin and woke at 4:00 with phantom pain niggles. I got up to take a Gabapentin but then took all my morning meds including my Furosemide so couldn't settle so decided to go a Wordling! 🙂

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8 for 22 (5, 7, 3, 7)
Octordle in 12 for 63

Total Score 90

So not the Spoon of Wood for me but probably not the Gold unless others trip over a few awkward words! :rofl:

Off for a wee! :rofl:

I got a welcome reprieve in Wordle AND Quordle. In the former, a lucky guess and, in the latter, happened to pick the correct option out of several possibilities. Really, there is way too much luck involved in these puzzles. Grand total 79.

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 07.54.53.png

I also had a bit of luck this morning, three options for the middle letter on my last word in Octordle, and I picked the winner first off.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 4,5,3,7
Octordle in 59, two lives left.
Total 83
Making @littlevoice359 our winner today.

More haste, less speed is appropriate to these games. When I checked yesterday's Octordle I realised I had missed a word on Go 4 which would have lead to two more. Instead I put in a sacrificial one which ultimately cost me 6 points. Not enough to get the Gold but...

Finishing Octordle tomorrow as already on 31 points! :(

Last edited:
Well I have now completed the Wordle games. I am very dubious I have the Gold today but may avoid the Spoon of Wood as there are a few nasties lurking! 🙂

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 9 for 26 (7, 4, 9, 6)
Octordle in 12 for 64

Total Score 95

Good luck gals 'n' guys! 🙂

Back to picking the wrong word first for me today. Kicked myself on Quordle because on my last word I failed to spot I'd got the unknown letter further up.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 6,7,2,9
Octordle in 66, one life left.
Total 94

Disaster for me. Struggled with all 3. My head clearly wasn't in the right place, so claiming the wooden spoon yet again! 🙄
Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 8 6 5 = 26
Octordle Blew it. Just chose all the wrong options early on and ran out of lives to complete it although I had solved the last word.

Back