Wordle - Quordle Thread

A grand total of 84 for me this morning.

Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 07.49.21.png

Just done Sequential Quordle in 8 for 26 (5, 6, 7, 8). Bizarre first word did for me. Now to try Octordle variant.

Sequential Octordle in 15 for 82. Some real nasties early on including a word I haven't heard since skool and a rubbish Yankee one! :(

Now we are tomorrow the words that irritated me were ENNUI as the first word in the Quordle variant, and TROPE and WIMPY in the Octordle one.

Might be heading for the Spoon of Wood as struggling with Octordle after poor Quordle! :(

So a bad day in the office. The Spoon of Wood beckons and only @rebrascora can save me!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 24 (8, 4, 7, 5)
Octordle in 12.for 67

Total Score 95!

Now I have had breakfast back to bed for a few hours as I have Robert Mitchum eyes! :(

Just back from Scotland and no problem saving you from the wooden spoon @MikeyBikey....

Wordle in 3
Quordle 7 6 5 4 = 22
Octordle I failed on bottom left as ran out of lives. It gave me a score of 75

Well after a bad start to the day with phantom pain it eased but lurked in the background only to kick in with a vengeance as I went to sleep. After an hour trying unsuccessfully to put mind over matter I gave up, got out of bed, and had stronger painkillers and a cuppa. It's finally easing! 🙂 Whilst waiting I looked at the Wordle games. Reasnoble but not fantastic Wordle and Quordle but bogged down three words in on Octordle. Only one silly word so far but time to sleep on it... Zzzzzzz

Very average today
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 4,8,6,3
Octordle in 68, one life left thanks to luckyguesses a couple of times, I thought it was a horrible one.
Total 93.

Pretty awful for me too. Grand total of 92 irrelevant because of a fail in top left corner of Octordle.

Attachments

• IMG_1282.jpeg
    IMG_1282.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1
Finished Octordle now and suspect I would have blown it if I had continued six hours ago. So the final scores are

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7 for 20 (6, 7, 4, 3)
Octordle in 12 for 62

Total Score 86

Agree Octordle was very tricky with one really odd word and the top left!

Screenshot_20230508_085413.jpg

Screenshot_20230508_085320.jpg

Screenshot_20230508_085225.jpg

Well it looks like so far we are all much of a muchness....

Wordle in 3
Quordle 4 6 7 8 = 25
Octordle on my last life with a score of 65

Total for the day is a tie with @Robin on 93

Will be interesting to see how @MikeyBikey fares... Oh I see he has posted as I tYpe.... Well done Mikey!

Waltzed through them before bed again but another poor score....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 4 8 6 5 = 23
Octordle with 1 life left and a score of 67

Total for the day is 94.
I am guessing the wooden spoon is coming my way again. Good luck guys!

Just done sequential too...although I am fading fast....

Seq. Quordle 4 7 8 9 = 28
Seq. Octordle a much better score of 58

Total for the two = 86

Scraped through today with a cricket score.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 6,7,5,3
Octordle in 76, I think that’s the biggest score you can get without failing it, all my early guesses were wrong.
Total 101.

A crappy grand total of 102 for me this morning. Infuriating set of words…

Attachments

• IMG_1284.jpeg
    IMG_1284.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1
When I saw @rebrascora ''s post earlier today and scored 33 in the first two games I thought I was doomed, doomed I say! But coming back after tackling Octordle I see @Robin and @littlevoice359 saved me! 🙂

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 9 for 28
Octordle in 12 for 61

Grand Total 94

Transport here...

Mikey I can't think of anyone I would be happier to share my gold star with today. Well done salvaging your score after such a poor start. You clearly work well under pressure. 🙄

Well I will definitely claim the wooden spoon today, unless someone fails to complete a puzzle as I scraped through the all and got my biggest ever total.

Wordle in 5
Quordle 8 9 3 6 = 26
Octordle 3 12 11 5 13 9 7 6 = 76

Total score for the day = a whopping 107!!

Beddiebyes time now as I am fading fast again.

Strange, today, I had to rack my brains for words to fit on all of them, but only had a couple of situations where I had a choice of two (and picked the wrong one, of course). Is it me, or have they just started making you tot up your own Octordle?.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 4,5,7,3 = 19
Octordle in 8,3,7,10,4,5,6,9, = 52

Total 74
That must be my best ever score, I had to double check my adding up, twice!

Back