Wordle - Quordle Thread

Wooden spoon beckoning again, failed Quordle, that’s twice this week! Had three options and two lives left, and guess what….
Wordle in 4
Octordle in 65.

Pretty dismal grand total of 105 for me this morning, but I managed to squeak through all three puzzles, much to my surprise. Again, a few dodgy words (especially in Octordle) almost did me in. Better luck to the rest of you.

Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 08.24.52.png

Well, I could have won if I hadn't dipped out in Quordle in exactly the same way as @Robin.... 2 lives left on the last word and 3 options and I chose the wrong two.

Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 4 6 X
Octordle with 2 lives left and a score of 59

Thought I would try the Sequentials. Grim start!!

Sequential Quordle in 9 for 28 (3, 7, 8, 9) :(

Seq. Quordle...4 6 7 8 25
Seq. Octordle 76 with 2 lives left.

Total for the two = 101

Disaster at Octordle for me this morning. I managed to get 2 anagrams of one word before I got it right!!

Wordle in 4
Quordle 5 2 6 4 = 17
Octordle 10 13 6 11 X 12 4 X .... I had solved the to Xs but no lives left to complete them. It gave me a score of 84 but I don't deserve it! 🙄

No Wooden Spoon for you @Robin as my Octordle is coming off the rails by the word. @rebrascora and @littlevoice359 will probably beat me today! :(
The "HaHa" response is because there wasn't a hope of me beating you rather than that I was happy you were doing badly :(... You have to be careful with these emojis! 🙄
I have already awarded @Robin the "Gold Star" because I am pretty sure that is a winning score today.

Another dismal result for me this morning. Grand total 99, but doesn't really count because I messed up in Octordle. Looks like I wasn't the only one. I blame the dodgy word on the top left.

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 08.38.25.png

Well not a brilliant day particarly with 'orrible Octordle!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7 for 21 (6, 7, 3, 5)
And Octordle to the wire for 70! Wasted time on 4 with numerous options and with only two unplaced letters only got 1 as no sensible letters left.

Total Score 95!

The "HaHa" response is because there wasn't a hope of me beating you rather than that I was happy you were doing badly :(... You have to be careful with these emojis! 🙄
I have already awarded @Robin the "Gold Star" because I am pretty sure that is a winning score today.

I know my DM would ever be that cruel to me. Here's an alternative emoji for you!

I am going to take consolation that I won at Quordle as well as winning the wooden spoon today, but I think @Robin deserves full credit for an excellent result from a rather tricky set of puzzles.

I know my DM would ever be that cruel to me. Here's an alternative emoji for you!

Sorry - site bombs out when I try to attach a photo but message text is there when I go back in! Wierd!

Well the massed hordes of Wordleland put up a hard battle today and nearly overcame me. I might be in line for today's Wooden Spoon! :(

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 25 (7, 6, 8, 4)
Octordle in 12 for 71

Total Score 100 (ton up MikeyBikey!)

Well the massed hordes of Wordleland put up a hard battle today and nearly overcame me. I might be in line for today's Wooden Spoon! :(

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 25 (7, 6, 8, 4)
Octordle in 12 for 71

Total Score 100 (ton up MikeyBikey!)
Not a chance, I did the worst ever.
Wordle in 6
Failed Quordle with two still to get.
Octordle in 67.

I was lucky to make it through all three puzzles. Grand total 95.
I don't know about you folks, but I am getting really tired of the really dodgy words in the puzzles lately. Several words today would never be used in a casual conversation - one of them I only ever came across in a sci-fi novel I read some years back.

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 08.04.27.png

Back