Wordle - Quordle Thread

Well with an excellent Wordle and very good Octordle despite an iffy Quordle where that silly word cost me I felt quietly confident but it was not to be. Congratulations @Robin and it looks like we are sharing the Spoon of Wood @rebrascora!

Wordle in 2
Quordle in 8 for 23 (5, 4, 6, 8)
Octordle in 11 for 58

Total Score 83

Screenshot_20230429_091911.jpg

Screenshot_20230429_091804.jpg

Screenshot_20230429_091549.jpg

Only too happy to share the dubious honour of being last with you Mikey. X

83 would have been a good winning score most days!

That's why I was quietly confident with the Wooden Spoon never crossing my mind! Just a bad day that started with me dropping a tin on my foot right where the open wound is. I have to admit to using a naughty word, and it wasn't Ouch or Sugarlumps!

Good morning Team! 🙂 Not going well today with 5 in Wordle and 26 in Quordle. :( Think I need a caffeine boost and luck?! (Saw this punctuation [?!] on another forum and looked it up - just love it)

A pretty meagre grand total of 99 this morning for me, thanks in no small part to (yet again) TWO American words, one of which I would argue is more commonly used as a first name. I only got that one by process of elimination. Better luck to the rest of you!

Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 08.10.56.png

Well things didn't improve for me!

Wordle in 5
Quordle in for 26 (5, 6,7, 8)
Octordle in 12 for 65

Total Score 96

Will post snapshots later but my phone had updates and all the icons have moved. I am starting to think Android and Android app updates are barely tested if at all!

Agree with '@littlevoice359 about that word! Must try and slip it into conversation!

Middle of the road for me. I agree about the first name, and I had to consult a dictionary to find out what it meant. Got lucky in Octordle, which saved my score for today.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 9,5,6,7
Octordle in 58.
Total 89.

It's close today. Can @rebrascora snatch the Gold or the Spoon of Wood? (puzzling emoji)
Neither Mikey! I managed more "middle of the road" than Robin did and very happy to take second place. It was a challenging set of puzzles. What annoys me about the American spellings is that they are not consistent... For instance they have used the word FIBRE which as we diabetics all know, is the English spelling. That must be pretty annoying for the US participants.

Congratulations to @Robin!

Wordle in 5
Quordle 8 4 5 9 = 26
Octordle with one life left and a score of 64

Total for the day = 95

Well it's Bank Holiday Sunday so I thought I would try the Sequence versions rather than watch YouTube paint drying videos! 🙂 They actually went better than this morning despite some trick works including a silly Yank one! You were right about Fibre @rebrascora I tried the US way first that day! :(

Sequential Quordle in 7 scoring 21 (3, 5, 6, 7)
Sequential Octordle in 12 scoring 52 (surprised myself)

Total Score 73

Screenshot_20230430_181629.jpg

Screenshot_20230430_181438.jpg

Sorry, was out feeding animals and then off to the theatre. Just back but I think I did Seq puzzles earlier..... or maybe I started them and got stuck. Hang on I will check...

Seq Quordle 4 5 6 7 = 22

I am stuck on the second word in Octordle with 4 letters all in the wrong places.... Eureka..... think I have just got it!! Heading back there now!.... Yes, I was right.... funny how it just hit me out of the blue whilst I was typing here.
Anyway, finished Seq Oct with 2 lives left ad a score of 69

Total for the 2 puzzles = 91

Last edited:
Nothing spectacular about my result this morning, I'm afraid. Grand total 89. As ever, better luck to the rest of you and enjoy the Bank Holiday.

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 07.47.30.png

I did them before bed whilst I was having a post theatre supper....

Wordle in 3
Quordle 4 8 5 7 = 24 .... I made an annoying mistake which cost me a life unnecessarily. :(
Octordle with 2 lives left and a score of 59

Total for the day = 86.

Don't expect to remain in the gold star position for long with @Robin and @MikeyBikey to come. Good luck guys!

Wooden spoon beckoning, well, a definite really. Got to the last two words in Quordle with three lives left, had choices as to one letter on both of them, chose the wrong one first on both, so ran out of lives.
Wordle in 5
Failed Quordle, 3,-, 8,5.
Octordle in a respectable 59.

Back