Wordle - Quordle Thread

I did well this morning, with a grand total of 80, but it involved a lot of luck, especially in the case of Quordle. For that one, the last word I got mainly by process of elimination and I had to look up the dictionary to see what it meant.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 07.42.52.png

Off to a good start for me today.
Wordle in 2
Quordle in 4,3,6,5
Octordle in 60
total 80,
Tying with @littlevoice359 . You’d have known 'that' word if you’d ever been a dressmaker!

Wordle in 2
Quordle in 4,3,6,5
Octordle in 60
total 80,
Tying with @littlevoice359 . You’d have known 'that' word if you’d ever been a dressmaker!

Are you referring to Word 5 in Octordle that I assumed had a different middle letter referring badly to a Python list?

Wordle in 2
Quordle in 4,3,6,5
Octordle in 60
total 80,
I treasure my ignorance of anything related to dressmaking :rofl: Even though my grandfather was a tailor, I am woefully bad at even the simplest sewing tasks.

I treasure my ignorance of anything related to dressmaking :rofl: Even though my grandfather was a tailor, I am woefully bad at even the simplest sewing tasks.
And I can’t put up shelves.(well I have done in my time, I even fitted kitchen cupboards once, but its always a bit of a bodge because I'm entirely self taught) You’re a bit younger than I am, but when I went to a mixed primary school, the boys got sent off to do woodwork, and the girls went to do sewing and knitting. (I always thought it should have been the other way round, because most girls learnt sewing etc from their mothers anyway, and the boys helped their Dad with the car, or with the DIY). By the time my kids went to school, everyone did a bit of everything.

I posted about the Sequentials at lunchtime but it seems to have disappeared. Anyways

Sequential Quordle in 9 for 26 (3, 6, 7, 9)
Sequential Octordle in 12 for 64 (4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 19, 11, 12)

Total Score 90

I posted about the Sequentials at lunchtime but it seems to have disappeared. Anyways

Sequential Quordle in 9 for 26 (3, 6, 7, 9)
Sequential Octordle in 12 for 64 (4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 19, 11, 12)

Total Score 90
Sequential Quordle 4 5 7 9 = 25
Sequential Octordle with 2 lives left and a score of 70

Total score of 95. It just wasn't my day for puzzles!. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Good morning!

Wordle in 5!

Too tired to focus Zzzzzzz,......

Waiting for transport for dressing change. Will stop playing when I have to unplug charger as Libre processor and power hungry! :(

Quordle in 7 for 22 (6, 7, 5, 4)

And Octordle in 12 for 66

Total Score 93!

Beat my sister (unusually) on Wordle and Quordle but she stormed back on Octordle to win overall. Her Octordle s ores are always lower than mine. I think she spots possibilities easier but on the short games I have more focus! It's female multi tasking! 🙂

Last edited:
Well, off to a bad start, failed Wordle! Three fixed letters early on and too many options for the last two.
Quordle in a safe 5,7,6,8
Octordle in a safe 68, one life left.
But no total this morning, so definitely the wooden spoon for me.

But no total this morning, so definitely the wooden spoon for me.
Sorry but you just can't take any award for granted in this game, so I am going to challenge you for the wooden spoon...
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 3 4 5 7 = 19
Then failed Octordle on the bottom left with a score of 80

I think myself lucky to have escaped with a grand total of 89. So many possibilities in Wordle, so I just took a wild guess that paid off. The other puzzles were similarly tricky.

Attachments

• DB0DA3B2-A980-4216-9783-FC4BA583DBDE.png
    DB0DA3B2-A980-4216-9783-FC4BA583DBDE.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 1
Sorry but you just can't take any award for granted in this game, so I am going to challenge you for the wooden spoon...
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 3 4 5 7 = 19
Then failed Octordle on the bottom left with a score of 80

Of we count @Robin 's failed Wordle as 7 (max. tries + 1) you have snatched the Wooden Spoon unless @littlevoice359 bombs it's yours! 🙂 or :(

Of we count @Robin 's failed Wordle as 7 (max. tries + 1) you have snatched the Wooden Spoon unless @littlevoice359 bombs it's yours! 🙂 or :(
I am pleased we have you @MikeyBikey to adjudicate on these matters and keep us right.
I am very fond of that wooden spoon and would not want to relinquish it unnecessarily.... or worse still, have someone try to steal it from me! 😡

I am pleased we have you @MikeyBikey to adjudicate on these matters and keep us right.
I am very fond of that wooden spoon and would not want to relinquish it unnecessarily.... or worse still, have someone try to steal it from me! 😡
I will have to concede, I haven’t even won it outright in the family challenge, son failed Wordle too this morning, OH has just gone up to his study to try it now.
Edit. OH also failed, a family hat trick this morning.

Tried to redeem myself with sequential puzzles and at least completed them both but not with winning scores...

Quordle 5 6 7 8 = 26
Octordle 83

So I have my second ton up of the day with 109

Just taking a break from gardening for a preemptive jelly baby (caught my BG at 4.9, better than my word puzzle scores!)
Seq. Quordle in 5,6,8,9
Seq. Octordle in 67.
Total 95.
I also managed Octordle rescue today, which I hardly ever achieve, it doesn’t allow you much leeway.

I also managed Octordle rescue today, which I hardly ever achieve, it doesn’t allow you much leeway.
You are a bad influence!
I also came in from the garden to treat a low... Stupidly I had left my reader in the house so I actually had dropped below the red line AGAIN 🙄
Anyway, I had never even looked at Octordle Rescue before so I now have a new addiction!

Anyway, I completed today's "Rescue" with a score of 8 whatever that means. I didn't have any lives left but didn't struggle and the last 2 words more or less solved themselves.

Not a stellar performance from me again this morning 🙄 so looking to retain my wooden spoon...

Wordle in 5
Quordle 7 8 6 3 = 24
Octordle with a score of 60.

Total for the day = 89

Seq, Quordle 3 6 7 8 = 24
Seq, Octordle 81

Seq. total = 105

Pedestrian for me today, maybe because I did them as soon as I woke up, not being able to ease myself in to the day by reading the forum. Or maybe just because I'm not very good at them.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7,6,8,5
Octordle in 73 at the last gasp.
Total 103

A mixed bag today for me. Good to very good Wordle and Octordle but average to poor Quordle!

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8 for 25 (7, 4, 8, 6)
Octordle in 11 for 58

Total Score 86

Screenshot_20230426_082742.jpg

Screenshot_20230426_082657.jpg

Screenshot_20230426_082607.jpg

Last edited:
Back