Wordle - Quordle Thread

Did the Sequential Quordle just now in 4,5,6,7 (22 total). And yes, the 3rd word usually has an added ‘a’ at the front. Without the added a the meaning is completely different!

Did the Sequential Quordle just now in 4,5,6,7 (22 total). And yes, the 3rd word usually has an added ‘a’ at the front. Without the added a the meaning is completely different!
It’s Norman French, as in 'Dieu et mon Droit' Why we ended up with a French Royal motto is anyone's guess, especially considering our royal family is now German not Norman. Same as ending up with a French Coronation dish. (broad bean, spinach and tarragon Quiche, I gather. I hate tarragon), though I have read that 'Quiche' derives from German 'Küchen'

It’s Norman French, as in 'Dieu et mon Droit' Why we ended up with a French Royal motto is anyone's guess, especially considering our royal family is now German not Norman. Same as ending up with a French Coronation dish. (broad bean, spinach and tarragon Quiche, I gather. I hate tarragon), though I have read that 'Quiche' derives from German 'Küchen'
Or maybe they all just derive from Latin to a greater or lesser extent.

Not sure you guys are going to believe my Octordle score today because I certainly don't believe it and even less so, how it happened.....I am totally gobsmacked!
Anyway, if someone steals my thunder today I am not playing ever again. (Glares at you all over my specs emoji.) :rofl:
At least I can be reasonably confident the wooden spoon is not coming my way today.

Started really well with Wordle in 2
Then ran into trouble with Quordle and was lucky to scrape through on the last life with 7 9 3 8 = 27
Octordle.. My starting word came up... WooHoo!!, then I got the next word from just 2 green letters, then the next from 2 green and a gold, then I had 3 green for the 4th word and again I got it. then just a green and 1 gold for the 5th word and still plenty of letters left to make lots of possible words but somehow I chose the right one, so I got the first 5 in 5 lives, then I slipped a bit but still finished with 4 lives left and for my final word, I only had a middle green and 1 gold and somehow managed to figure it out without losing a life and it was quite a tricky one.

Daily Octordle #450
5️⃣2️⃣
8️⃣7️⃣
1️⃣3️⃣
4️⃣9️⃣
Score: 39

So my all time personal best score is 2 + 27 + 39 = 68

Needless to say, I am absolutely chuffed even if some of it was downright lucky!

Well, compared to @rebrascora (well done!), my result this morning seems awfully pedestrian. Grand total 86.

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 07.23.05.png

Well I started with an average Wordle followed my (I think) worst ever winning Quordle. Then I thought I had done a storming Octordle only to find @rebrascora had wiped the floor with all of us. But, the Wooden Spoon behaves like a boomerang! 🙂

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 9 for 28 (7, 4, 8, 9)
Octordle in 11 for 55

Screenshot_20230419_084226.jpg

Screenshot_20230419_084135.jpg

Screenshot_20230419_084059.jpg

Grand Total 87!

Sorry I had to abandon quickly for 9:00 call queue to try and get cancellation for dressing change. After getting through I had a call back but it was an impossibility because of the vagariesof patient transport. I also managed to take my painkillers before and after calls! (D cap emoji)

Last edited:
Well, @MikeyBikey was right, my wooden spoon boomeranged back to me.

Like @Robin yesterday I had a rare fail at Wordle despite 3 green on row 3. I chose every other option except the right one. 🙄
Quordle 9 8 7 6 = a max 30 score
Octordle was better with a score of 59

Well, @MikeyBikey was right, my wooden spoon boomeranged back to me.

Like @Robin yesterday I had a rare fail at Wordle despite 3 green on row 3. I chose every other option except the right one. 🙄
Quordle 9 8 7 6 = a max 30 score
Octordle was better with a score of 59
I was so lucky on Wordle. I chose the correct word out of 6 other possibles, with only 3 more lives to go. I counted up afterwards. Son was also lucky, scraping in with 6, although he’d still got other options left.

Having been woken by phantom pain just after 4:00 I decided to have a power nap at 4:00 in the afternoon which became a four hour sleep! Anyway still pretty awake so tried the Wordle games and suspect @rebrascora will be passing the Wooden Spoon to me! :(

Wordle in 5 although I cannot see anybody scoring less than 4
Quordle off the end, although I knew the word, with (5, X, 9, 7)
Octordle in 12 for 59

Ifvwe say X = 10 then Total Score is 95! :(

Woke again at 4:30 with phantom pain and backache so after taking painkillers and making a cup of tea went onto the sequential variants.

Sequential Quordle was a disaster as pain made it hard to focus and I scored 30 (6, 7, 8, 9)

Rather better with Sequential Octordle scoring 59 (3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

I didn't even bother to try to get a total this morning, as I bombed out on two of the puzzles. Some really annoying words this morning, in my opinion. I think I may take a break from this morning ritual for a while, as days like today it just puts me in a bad mood, to be honest. Better luck to the rest of you.

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 07.25.59.png

I didn't even bother to try to get a total this morning, as I bombed out on two of the puzzles. Some really annoying words this morning, in my opinion. I think I may take a break from this morning ritual for a while, as days like today it just puts me in a bad mood, to be honest. Better luck to the rest of you.

View attachment 25469
<

Well done on getting Wordle in 3 - I didn't think anybody would go below 4. I thought the choice of words in Quordle bizarre and doubt I have used 4vsince 6th form college! 🙂

I think I will probably take a break the day I fail Wordle as I have had a long rub now! 🙂

They were odd today. I got off to flying starts in Q and O because of favourable starting words, but then got bogged down in the middle on both. I took a while to get #4 on Quordle, @MikeyBikey , I thought of it but thought, surely they wouldn’t have that? and tried something else first.
Wordle in 4, and was a bit lucky.
Quordle in 9,4,3,7
Octordle in 60, one life left.
Total 87.

Back