Wordle - Quordle Thread

Completed before bed again, but only just completed by skin of teeth...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 5 9 6 7 = 27
Octordle on the last life with a score of 66.

Total for all 3 = 97 .... I don't think you guys will have much difficulty beating that!

Completed before bed again...

Wordle in 3
Quordle 2 7 4 6 = 19
Octordle with 1 life left and a score of 67.

Total for all 3 puzzles = 89

Another dismal result for me - missed one word in Octordle and ended with a grand total of 109. The only highlight is I managed to get Worde on my 2nd guess. As ever, better luck to the rest of you.

Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 07.28.36.png

Afternoon, word nerds 😉

This is a new one for me and I suspect will be intermittent but given a long train journey today....hope I can intrude for a bit

Wordle 665 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜

Daily Quordle 446
9️⃣7️⃣
5️⃣8️⃣

Daily Octordle #446
5️⃣4️⃣
6️⃣
7️⃣
9️⃣
Score: 64

Which if I'm interpreting correctly would give me a grand total of 96. Maybe I'll have better days...

At any rate thanks for making me Google Quordle and Octordle, new finds for me

Welcome @Toooldfortype1 to the thread. Good to have you join us.... especially if it means you share the burden of the wooden spoon position with me occasionally....
Welcome to nerds' corner!
Not sure I qualify as a "nerd" as you have to be quite clever to be one of those don't you! I am more "Dunce's Corner" 🙄

That said, I had my best score in a long time.... possibly ever this morning, before I head off to bed. Started poorly but recovered well.

Wordle in 6..... Took me 4 goes to find the right place for the letter I got in the first word.Then I had 2 lives left to start to find other letters to go with it, so was rather lucky to get there with my final attempt.

Quordle was much better 4 5 2 7 = 18

Octordle with 3 lives left and a score of 51

Total for all 3 puzzles is 75 which seems really good but I just know someone (probably Mikey) will come and steal my thunder, so I am trying not to get too excited.

Welcome @Toooldfortype1 to the thread. Good to have you join us.... especially if it means you share the burden of the wooden spoon position with me occasionally....

Not sure I qualify as a "nerd" as you have to be quite clever to be one of those don't you! I am more "Dunce's Corner" 🙄

That said, I had my best score in a long time.... possibly ever this morning, before I head off to bed. Started poorly but recovered well.

Wordle in 6..... Took me 4 goes to find the right place for the letter I got in the first word.Then I had 2 lives left to start to find other letters to go with it, so was rather lucky to get there with my final attempt.

Quordle was much better 4 5 2 7 = 18

Octordle with 3 lives left and a score of 51

Total for all 3 puzzles is 75 which seems really good but I just know someone (probably Mikey) will come and steal my thunder, so I am trying not to get too excited.

That's a brilliant score and would have been near 70 with a better Wordle. That is definitely a challenge but I will notbe tackling it yet as woke up an hour ago feeling shakey and gently perspiring to a 3.1! Now have "hypo head" headache so might try and spell HYPO with 5 letters! :rofl:

Welcome to nerds' corner!

I am considered a nerd as I got a BSc in Physics over 40 years ago and followed it up with an MSc some years later as a mature student. But I do have gaps in my knowledge - I think Shakespeare is a TV detective and The Illiad a Turkish restaurant! :rofl:

Afternoon, word nerds 😉

This is a new one for me and I suspect will be intermittent but given a long train journey today....hope I can intrude for a bit

Wordle 665 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜

Daily Quordle 446
9️⃣7️⃣
5️⃣8️⃣

Daily Octordle #446
5️⃣4️⃣
6️⃣
7️⃣
9️⃣
Score: 64

Which if I'm interpreting correctly would give me a grand total of 96. Maybe I'll have better days...

At any rate thanks for making me Google Quordle and Octordle, new finds for me

Welcome to the Wordle thread. I think it is going to be hard to beat @rebrascora today but I will be up for it later! There are other Wordle games including ones in foreign languages - the Latin one is tough!

Thankfully, after a poor start in the first two, I managed to rescue what could have been a true disaster with a score of 51 in Octordle, for a grand total of 81. In hindsight, I should have waited until I was more awake.

Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 07.47.06.png

Wordle in 3
Quordle 22
Octordle 66
Makes 91 so I'm improving day by day. Expect a few fingers already on that wooden spoon...

Also think I need to consider tactics on these multiword ones. Is it better to close out words you can see early or keep using untouched letters to make the later words easier?

⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜

4️⃣5️⃣
7️⃣6️⃣

8️⃣9️⃣

5️⃣
4️⃣7️⃣

PS I'd be stretching truth but I could claim mental fog as it occurred to me at 3am last night that my new Lantus is probably faulty. I just couldn't work out why BS was rising and rising all yesterday and most of Friday
I've switched now to see if there's a difference. How common is a dodgy cartridge?

Mediocre today.
Wordle in 4,
Quorlde in 6,8,3,9
Octordle in 62, one life left.
Total 92.
Only @MikeyBikey can save me from the wooden spoon!

Dodgy cartridges do occur occasionally, @Toooldfortype1 , it’s always a good call to change it if your numbers are playing up and there’s no obvious cause. I’ve had cartridges that have been 'off' from the start, and I've had others where I'm gradually having to increase insulin towards the end of it’s life, and it’s suddenly dawned on me that I did carry it round in my bag on a hot day, and maybe it got compromised.

PS I'd be stretching truth but I could claim mental fog as it occurred to me at 3am last night that my new Lantus is probably faulty. I just couldn't work out why BS was rising and rising all yesterday and most of Friday
I've switched now to see if there's a difference. How common is a dodgy cartridge?
Very rare and since there are 42 things which affect BG levels and I am guessing you are still within the honeymoon period, so that could be the issue. I suspect a good proportion of the ones people mention here on the forum are also not down to the insulin, but there is no way of proving it one way or another. Diabetes is contrary and there are so many factors including even a blocked needle, if you didn't double check with an air shot. It is something we do so automatically but can just as easily not remember one day and I have definitely had the odd blocked needle.

Thanks both.
New day, new cartridge and let's see. 1 variable out of what I suspect is at least 42 in practice
Probably poor forum etiquette to post here and contaminate the thread - but thanks for the quick reply as ever

Back