Wordle - Quordle Thread

Late finish to the day for me so I have done today's puzzles before bed again and at least i have finished them today....

Wordle in 3.... Quite chuffed with that result.
Quordle 7 6 4 5 = 22
Octordle with one life left and a score of 63

According to my maths that makes it a grand total of 88.

Went on to waste valuable sleeping time on ....

Seq. Quordle 4 5 6 7 = 22
Seq. Octordle with a score of 52.

Defo off to bed now as can't keep eyes open!.

Late finish to the day for me so I have done today's puzzles before bed again and at least i have finished them today....

Wordle in 3.... Quite chuffed with that result.
Quordle 7 6 4 5 = 22
Octordle with one life left and a score of 63

According to my maths that makes it a grand total of 88.

88 is correct! Maybe we should have a mental arithmetic thread next?

Mixed bag today, leaving me trailing in 3rd place at the moment..
Wordle in 6, having got the first three letters correctly placed in go 2. Who knew there were so many options for the last two letters!
Quordle in 4,8,5,7
Octordle in 60 with 2 lives left.
Total 90.

Well neither the Gold nor the Wooden Spoon for me today!

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8 for 24 (4, 7, 5, 8)
Octordle in 11 for 60

Total Score 87

88 is correct! Maybe we should have a mental arithmetic thread next?
It was 1.48am when I posted.... and it had been a very long day and I was recovering from a hypo.... so I was just covering myself in case I had made a really stupid blunder with my mental calculation.

Woke up with a hypo an hour ago but after treating derided as I was awake to tackle the Wordle games. After finishing Wordle and Quordle on maximum points, 6 and 30 respectively I am leaving Octordle till the morning when I need to do something special to avoid the dreaded Wooden Spoon! :rofl :

I'll be very surprised if the dreaded wooden spoon doesn't go to me again today. What a truly dismal start to my day. Missed one word in Octordle to end with a grand total of 109. Total in attachment is incorrect. Better luck to the rest of you.

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 07.48.38.png

Last edited:
Bit of a scramble home for me, today.
Wordle in 5. Can’t remember ever using that in everyday conversation.
Quordle in 5,6,8,4
Octordle in 73 on the last life.
Total 101.
Saved from the wooden spoon, at least, by @littlevoice359 .

So relieved to read that everyone else struggled this morning. I assumed I was having a really wooly headed senior moment. Like @littlevoice359 I dipped out on Octordle so we may be sharing the wooden spoon although making a mistake on adding up the scores as well, probably nails it for @littlevoice359, unless I now manage to do the same....but I will be triple checking just in case 🙄

Wordle down to the wire on 6 but I struggled from the second line with it and I only had one very common letter yellow square at that point and lots of others to choose from. I had to make 2 sacrificial words which I knew were not correct because I used discarded letters, just to find where the letters I had went.

Quordle was better... 7 4 6 5 for a total of 22.

Octordle I dipped out on the top right in the end with two first letter choices on my last life and of course I chose the wrong one. It gives me a score of 77

Overall it was a fail for me but if I use that Octordle score, I get a grand total of 105.

Down to @MikeyBikey to see if he can snatch the wooden spoon from @littlevoice359 on the home stretch!

Well after maxing on Wordle and Quordle I did rather better on Octordle to get a total of 101 tying with @Robin and leaving @littlevoice359 with today's Wooden Spoon (sorry)!

Wordle in 6
Quordle in 9 scoring 30 (7, 6, 8, 9)
Octordle in 12 scoring 65

Total Score 101

I am getting fed up with some of the words coming up either Americanisms (like favor), abbreviations (like EmCee and SNAFU) and really obscure ones like today. Rant over...

Screenshot_20230412_215720.jpg

Screenshot_20230412_215626.jpg

Screenshot_20230412_215531.jpg

Done before bed and must be much easier as I have waltzed through them all pretty quickly with no getting stuck and having to go back to them....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 5 7 6 3 = 21
Octordle with one life left and a score of 58

Total for the day = 83

Done before bed and must be much easier as I have waltzed through them all pretty quickly with no getting stuck and having to go back to them....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 5 7 6 3 = 21
Octordle with one life left and a score of 58

Total for the day = 83

This could be the winner @rebrascora as I am on 5 and 26 already and <= 52 will be hard to achieve! (under pressure emoji) Might be a delay as have to get up and ready for transport pick up to have foot redressed! (foot emoji)

Much better for me this morning, after yesterday's disaster, with a grand total of 84.
Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 07.36.41.png

Arghh! Only @Robin cab save me from the Wooden Spoon!

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8 (8, 6, 7, 5)
Octordle in 12 for 63

Total Score 94! :(

Sorry, @MikeyBikey no can do, got off to a promisingly slow start for you, but played a blinder on Octordle.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 9,6,7,4
Octordle in 52, with 3 lives left.
Total 82

Back