Wordle - Quordle Thread

Good morning. I am struggling with hypo-head as woke to Libre 4.1 and meter 3.2! Only two games so far as now waiting for OPA and preserving battery as Libre very power hungry. So far:

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 21 (and yes top left was tricky)

So if I am right I need 65 or less to snatch the Gold! :rofl:

Well I didn't do it. With Libre draining te phone battery I left it till I got back and could plug the phone in. I need to get one of those boosters!

Having arrived 45 minutes early and then waiting 2.5 hours to come back I nodded off after plugging the phone in.

Anyway I didn't do it with a final score of 95! :(

So it was:

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 21 (8, 4, 6, 3)
Octordle to the wire for 70

Screenshot_20230406_171342.jpg

Screenshot_20230406_171226.jpg

Screenshot_20230406_171151.jpg

Well, Mikey I can't believe you let us down! I felt sure you would show us how it is done!
I don't think a winning score of 91 was worthy of a gold star anyway and today I have done even worse!!

Wordle in 5
Quordle 5 6 8 7 = 26
Octordle with a score of 64

Total score of 95 but at least I was consistent with 1 life left in each puzzle

Well, Mikey I can't believe you let us down! I felt sure you would show us how it is done!
I don't think a winning score of 91 was worthy of a gold star anyway and today I have done even worse!!

Wordle in 5
Quordle 5 6 8 7 = 26
Octordle with a score of 64

Total score of 95 but at least I was consistent with 1 life left in each puzzle

Made a start with

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 23

So stopping for now as getting sloppy and heading to the wooden spoon! :(

Made a start with

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 23

So stopping for now as getting sloppy and heading to the wooden spoon! :(
Looks more like the wooden spoon is going to be safe with me again today. You are already 4 less than me with Octordle to go.
Hope you sleep well Mikey and good luck with the final leg (pun not intended until after I typed it 😱 ) of the puzzles in the morning. Hope you are going to forgive me for that.🙄 😉

In running for the wooden spoon myself, with a grand total of 92 this morning.

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 07.32.39.png

So so for me, I've spared you the wooden spoon, @littlevoice359
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 7,8,3,6
Octordle in 68, one life left.
Total 97

Sorry @Robin I haven't saved you but maybe @rebrascora can!

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8 for 23 (6, 5, 8, 4)
Octordle to the wire at an average of 8.625 guesses per word!

Screenshot_20230407_082118.jpg

Screenshot_20230407_081920.jpg

Screenshot_20230407_081846.jpg

Total score 95

I already completed early this morning @MikeyBikey and tied with you on 95, but perhaps you are ignoring my post considering my extremely poor taste of my pun. It wasn't intended until I typed it and then I had the choice to delete or let it roll.
Look after my wooden spoon @Robin. I will be wanting it back soon no doubt.
Congrats to @littlevoice359 on an even poorer winning score than yesterday 🙄. Must have been another toughie set of puzzles today!

I certainly found it difficult this morning. Too many possibilities and at least one American word in the mix.

Ok, well another pre-bedtime effort and marginally better than the last couple of days...

Wordle in 2.... I like it when that happens :D
Quordle 4 8 7 6 = 25
Octordle with one life left and a score of 62

Total for the day of 89. Not hard to beat I think. Good luck.

A truly dismal result for me this morning. Grand total of 110, but pretty meaningless because I missed 2 words in Octordle all because of one wrong letter. I tried the new Quordle Sequence game out of curiosity.

I think the wooden spoon is safely in my possession for today. :(

Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 07.31.46.png

A bit better for me today.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 4,7,6,5
Octordle in 60, with 2 lives left.
Total 85.

I did the Quordle sequence yesterday, but am resisting the temptation to do it regularly, I sometimes do the Octordle Sequence and Octordle rescue in an evening if I’m bored.

Edit
So of course I just did the Quordle Sequence, because it’s there.

Last edited:
I too eventually got tempted and went looking for Sequential Quordle and managed a rather appropriate sequential result of 4 5 6 7 = 22

So ggt bored waiting for visitor who never showed and tried Octordle Sequence. Bad score of 76. It flowed after first word but took 6 to kick off. In fact it is the worse winning score in normal Octordle! :(

So ggt bored waiting for visitor who never showed and tried Octordle Sequence. Bad score of 76. It flowed after first word but took 6 to kick off. In fact it is the worse winning score in normal Octordle! :(
Took me 4 lives to get the first word but was away after that and only needed 2 for one other, with a final score of 66.

Took me 4 lives to get the first word but was away after that and only needed 2 for one other, with a final score of 66.
I was just behind you with 68. Got my first word on go 5, then had a run straight through.

Back