Wordle - Quordle Thread

Was doing OK until I got to Octordle, when a couple of frustrating ‘everything right except the first letter' took me down to the wire.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 7,4,3,5
Octordle in 73 at the last gasp.
Total 95.

Now I am convinced that you lot are throwing it to give me half a chance!
I changed my approach this morning and went back to my old routine. It's basically the "no guts" bit of "No guts, No glory!" ie I was playing it very safe just to get a result..... not knowing then that you lot had all done poorly .....
Took me all of about 10 mins to skip through them all and very minimal head scratching.

Anyway...
Wordle in 4
Quordle with 2 lives left and 4 5 6 7 = 22
Octordle with one life left and a score of......... 65

Which makes a total and some how very unlikely winning score of 91!

Very sad to part with my wooden spoon and hope @littlevoice359 will look after it.... until I can claim it back tomorrow! :D

Now I am convinced that you lot are throwing it to give me half a chance!
I changed my approach this morning and went back to my old routine. It's basically the "no guts" bit of "No guts, No glory!" ie I was playing it very safe just to get a result..... not knowing then that you lot had all done poorly .....
Took me all of about 10 mins to skip through them all and very minimal head scratching.

Anyway...
Wordle in 4
Quordle with 2 lives left and 4 5 6 7 = 22
Octordle with one life left and a score of......... 65

Which makes a total and some how very unlikely winning score of 91!

Very sad to part with my wooden spoon and hope @littlevoice359 will look after it.... until I can claim it back tomorrow! :D

It was all in the Wordle as it took me an extra go after two blank guesses trying to find other letters!

Screenshot_20230330_191325.jpg

In the same way in F1 they add the best sector times to get the ultimate lap time I have added my best scores together in the Wordle games to get my personal target. I make this 2 + 18 + 52 = 72 so my best score is 5 off!

All done before bed and a success in that I completed all 3 again so I get a score. Yippee! Goodness knows if it will be a winner or a wooden spoon or somewhere in between but here are your results to beat....

Wordle in 4
Quordle with one life left... 3 8 4 7 = 22
Octordle with 2 lives left and a score of 60

Total for the day = 86

All done before bed and a success in that I completed all 3 again so I get a score. Yippee! Goodness knows if it will be a winner or a wooden spoon or somewhere in between but here are your results to beat....

Wordle in 4
Quordle with one life left... 3 8 4 7 = 22
Octordle with 2 lives left and a score of 60

Total for the day = 86

I may get the Wooden Spoon yet as Wordle in 6 and Quordle in 8 for 23 but totally hyper! :( I need 57 or less on Octordle but need to get ready for Foot Clinic! :(

Last edited:
Better for me today, probably a fluke, I tried new starting words for Octordle and did better than I’ve done for ages.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 3,7,4,8
Octordle in 57 with 2 lives left.
Total 82

Well, after a pretty dismal start, I somehow managed to play a blinder in Octordle, setting a new personal best of 47. Grand total 74. Mind you, I only managed to get one of the Quordle words by a combination of process of elimination and a stab in the dark. I had to look up the word in a dictionary as it was not familiar to me. A very strange start to my morning, all in all.

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 08.31.05.png

Well, after a pretty dismal start, I somehow managed to play a blinder in Octordle, setting a new personal best of 47. Grand total 74. Mind you, I only managed to get one of the Quordle words by a combination of process of elimination and a stab in the dark. I had to look up the word in a dictionary as it was not familiar to me. A very strange start to my morning, all in all.

View attachment 25075
Just WOW!
Mikey is going to be so jealous of your 47 at Octordle!!
Well done!

Done before bed again and I succeeded in finishing all 3 AGAIN (I'm on a roll! 😎) so I have a score but very much doubt it is a match winning one..... but who knows!

Wordle.... A flash of sheer brilliance if I say so myself :rofl:and got it in 2!!
Quordle in 7 6 5 4 with a total of 22
Octordle with 1 life left and a score of 67

Grand total of 91 for me today.

Grand total of 89 for me this morning, so a pretty stark return to normalcy on my part after my freakishly good result yesterday. Oh well, such is life... 🙂

Screenshot 2023-04-01 at 07.52.19.png

Well, a very mixed bag for me.
Wordle in 3
Failed Quordle with TWO words unguessed, don’t know what I was thinking, at one point I put a word in with incorrectly placed but correct letters from the previous go in exactly the same incorrect places!
Much better on Octordle with 56 and 2 lives left, I’d obviously woken up by then.

Well not the best of days - started well but them things slipped away from me!

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 7 with a score of 22 (4, 7, 5, 6)
Octordle in 12 for a score of 65

Giving me a grand total of 90 midway between @littlevoice359 and @rebrascora! It could not have been closer! :rofl:
Commiserations to young @Robin!

Screenshot_20230401_225932.jpg

Screenshot_20230401_225805.jpg

Screenshot_20230401_225728.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty run-of-the-mill result this morning, I'm afraid, with a grand total of 95. Not overly disappointed, though, because several of the words presented a challenge. Better luck to all of you!
Screenshot 2023-04-02 at 07.27.02.png

Another success.... at least for me anyway.... in that I completed all 3.

Wordle in 3 after getting nothing in my first word.
Quordle went very well with a 3 5 4 7 = 19
Octordle, I was doing well until, like @littlevoice359, I struggled on a couple of words and took it right down to the wire for a 66

Total for the day 88

Scraped through today, had to have several tries at a few of the words I'd nearly got.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 3,6,4,8
Octordle in 68 at the last gasp.
Total 94, narrowly avoiding the wooden spoon.

Back