Wordle - Quordle Thread

Definitely wooden-spoon territory for me, I'm afraid. Grand total of 105, mostly due to making a mess of Octordle through inattention. Should have waited until after I'd had my morning coffee. :(

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 07.43.14.png

Strangely I got better as I revved up!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7 for 22 (6, 7, 4, 5)
Octordle in 10 for 50 (a PB I think)

Total score 76! Still about 8% away from my perfect lap of 70 (2, 18, 50)!

My sister has done better than me in Wordle and Quordle. Just hope she doesn't kick my Octordle into touch! :(

Don’t worry, @littlevoice359 , I can wrest that wooden spoon from you, I messed up Octordle so badly due to inattention in that I failed it altogether.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 6,3,4,5, with 3 lives left, my best ever i think.
Octordle crashed and burned having three attempts at the middle letter on the top right, up to then I was flying!

I'm gutted!
I really worked hard on them this morning, focused, had some flashes of brilliance and a little luck to go with it. Ended up with a personal best score, which, any other day of the week would have been a dead cert winner, only to come and post here and find that I have had the carpet pulled out from under my feet! 🙄
@MikeyBikey I have grudgingly given you a gold star but really wanted to respond with an "Oh No!" I hate to be a bad loser but I was sure I must have earned the gold star myself this morning.

Anyway, my results are...
Wordle in 3
Quordle 4 5 2 6 = 17
Octordle with 2 lives left and a score of 57

Total for the day = 77

Likely the wooden spoon for me this morning, also, with a grand total of 103. At least, though, this morning it was due to bad luck rather than any obvious missteps on my part. As ever, better luck to the rest of you!

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 07.56.43.png

Absolutely no expectations this morning as I have a very mediocre score....

Wordle in 3
Quordle I really struggled and made a mistake or two but got there with 1 life left in the end and 6 8 7 4 = 25
Octordle also caused me some head scratching and I think I made one mistake so was happy with 2 lives left and a 59.

Total for the day 87

One day I will manage the put the correct option of two possibles down first. Today was not that day.
Wordle in 3, so nearly in 2
Quordle in 4,5,7,3. after two shots at the last letter of the last word.
Octordle in 62, one life left, ditto.
Total 84. Satisfactory, but not super amazing.

Well, my lousy streak continues today, I'm afraid. A rather dismal grand total of 99, which includes a fall at the last hurdle in Octordle. As ever, I wish you all better luck.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 07.18.22.png

And I am back to my old dismal form too...
Wordle in 4
Quordle 5 8 7 3 = 23
Octordle I dipped out on not just one word but 2. Just too many options and not enough lives and like @Robin a very strong disposition to select every other incorrect letter before the right one. With one word I think I had 4 options and picked the correct one last. You just can't win those ones. Clearly I wasn't the only one who struggled, which is some consolation.

Anyway, no total for me today but think I can confidently claim my wooden spoon back!.

Dismal for me too. Started off OK, fell at the last.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 7,4,5,3
Octordle, got the last word on the last go and had the choice of 2 anagrams of which I knew would be the correct word. Needless to say, I picked the wrong one. If I hadn’t picked the wrong starting letter for a word further up, I’d have had a spare go to sort it, but such is life.

All down to @MikeyBikey then!.... No pressure 🙄
He hasn't got much work to do to beat us.

So @MikeyBikey rides into thread (on a motorcycle as horses don't have brakes! 🙂) to save @rebrascora, @Robin and @littlevoice359 I thought I would be bottom as I did them off and on through a bad night but no. I had, I think , my best ever Quordle but found Octordle full of multi-choices that needed discipline not to guess until more constanants were eliminated.

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 6 for 18 (6, 5, 4, 3 - like the reverse order)
Octordle in 12 for 62

Total for Day 83

Screenshot_20230405_083913.jpg

Screenshot_20230405_083830.jpg

Screenshot_20230405_083746.jpg

Wanted to go back to bed but the effects of the Furosemide are p*ss*ng me off! 🙂

I find myself in wooden-spoon territory again this morning, sadly, with a pretty dismal grand total of 91. The only reason it wasn't worse is that I finally caught some luck in Octordle after a fairly poor run of luck on the first two. As ever, better luck to the rest of you.

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 07.47.08.png

I was rash on Quordle and only just scraped through after taking three goes for the last letter of one word earlier on, when I should have been more patient. So I played Octordle very defensively.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 9,7,5,8
Octordle in 68 with one life left.
Total 101, you’re quite safe, @littlevoice359 .

I started them last night, well early hours, before bed and gave up when things were not going well and that was a good move because I definitely improved on things this morning, but not a great score.

Wordle in 5
Quordle 7 9 8 4 = 28
Octordle with a semi redeeming score of 58 and one life left.

Overall total of 91, so I have tied with @littlevoice359. Somehow I don't think we will be tying for top spot with Mikey's results still to come.

@Robin That problem last letter in Quordle wouldn't happen to be the first word by any chance? That ate my lives too. 🙄

Back