Wordle - Quordle Thread

Thanks both.
New day, new cartridge and let's see. 1 variable out of what I suspect is at least 42 in practice
Probably poor forum etiquette to post here and contaminate the thread - but thanks for the quick reply as ever
You have "rebranded"!!
I thought we had another new member joining the thread. To be fair, your previous username was probably a bit a misnoma as you definitely weren't "Too Old to be Type 1"

You have "rebranded"!!
I thought we had another new member joining the thread. To be fair, your previous username was probably a bit a misnoma as you definitely weren't "Too Old to be Type 1"
Correct. This is the first forum I've ever joined which probably indicates I'm too old for many things🙂, but not T1 as you say and I hadn't given it a ton of thought
I also don't feel like T1 does or should define me so please meet the new me 🙂

So @rebrascora Mikey is on his Bikey hunting you down. It's a 750cc Triton cafe racer with big bore kit, 5 speed Quaife gearbox, double discs up front, clip ons, rearsets and more mods than Michael Buble has fans! 🙂 So far:

Wordle in 3
Quordle on 8 scoring 22 (3, 8, 6, 5)

So only one point behind and ready to out brake you at Octordle corner! 🙂

Annd welcome to @Mumpie_olgran!

Sadly I hut a few false neutrals coming out of the final corner resulting in missed opportunities and missed words resulting in a score of 61 in 12!

Screenshot_20230416_112546.jpg

So my Total Score is 86 and I declare @rebrascora the winner! 🙂 I imagine she will make me rde a horse without brakes now! 🙂

OK, here goes for todays effort.... I know it is silly o'clock but I crashed very early 7pm and then woke to see to beasties and now I am alert but trying to wind down to get a few more hours kip...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 6 4 5 7 = 22
Octordle I had a great start and got results with my second and third choices but then word number 7 ate up several lives with the first letter (I hate it when that happens!) so I was then struggling to scrape through and I think it was the second word cas quite a challenge but just scraped through on my last life with a not too bad score of 65.

Total for the day... 4+22+65= 91
Somehow I doubt that will be a winning score today. Good luck guys!

Good morning Team! I am hunting @rebrascora down. Overnight I upgraded to twin Monoblocs as running just one was like ordering a cheeseburger in Marcus Wareing's restaurant!

So far even stevens with Wordle in 5 and Quordle in 8 for 21. Here come the deceptive Octordle bends!

s-l400 (5).jpg

Well got through Octordle bends OK although Bend 5 was as tricky as Bend 3 in Quordle. Scored Octordle the same as @littlevoice359 resulting in a tie for the lead today unless @Robin does better.

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8 scoring 21 (7, 3, 6, 4)
Octordle in 11 scoring 59

Screenshot_20230417_080519.jpg

Screenshot_20230417_080433.jpg

Screenshot_20230417_080356.jpg

Total Score 85!

Edit: see @Robin has snatched the dreaded Wooden Spoon off you @rebrascora!

Just did the Sequence versions:

Quordle in 7 for 22 (4, 5, 6, 7)
Octordle in 11 for 60 (4, 5, 7, 7, 8,, 9 10, 11)

Definitely not tomorrow as OPA.

Well another less than impressive result from me, but at least I scraped through them all....just!

Wordle in 3
Quordle 7 6 5 8 = 26
Octordle on the last life with a score of 66

Grand total of 95

Good morning Wordle teammates! 🙂 I see @rebrascora has an "earlybdiirs* entry. I woke at 4:10 with the sensation my ankle had broken and some idiot was plying a bunsen burner over the top of the foot. Yes, that old devil Phantom Pain had struck again. I gave it half-an-hour then hit it with Oxycodone and made a cuppa. It was settling by 6:00 so I started the Wordles. After two I am trailing @rebrascora as I ended up with a multi-choice Wordle.

The word that cost me the overall win yesterday was NADIR! I had all the letters and was sure it was DRAIN but was happy to share the laurels with @Robin. Better luck today @littlevoice359!

Good morning Wordle teammates! 🙂 I see @rebrascora has an "earlybdiirs* entry. I woke at 4:10 with the sensation my ankle had broken and some idiot was plying a bunsen burner over the top of the foot. Yes, that old devil Phantom Pain had struck again. I gave it half-an-hour then hit it with Oxycodone and made a cuppa. It was settling by 6:00 so I started the Wordles. After two I am trailing @rebrascora as I ended up with a multi-choice Wordle.

The word that cost me the overall win yesterday was NADIR! I had all the letters and was sure it was DRAIN but was happy to share the laurels with @Robin. Better luck today @littlevoice359!
In fairness, NADIR is not really a word that rolls off the tongue! Neither is TATTY for that matter, which also featured in yesterday's puzzle I think?

Mixed bag this morning.
Failed Wordle! Not done that for ages. After go 3 I’d got the final four letters, and five possibilities for a starting one. So I picked all the wrong ones first. (I can’t do a 'sacrificial' go, because we play it in hard mode, as a family, so you have to use correctly guessed letters)
Flew through Quordle in 6,3,5,4, never done that before!
Octordle also in an inspired 56.
But I can’t do a total.

Well I had a total fail just now! As I had a few minutes (I was listening to MOH - no the are not a group but Music on Hold) I decided to try Quordle Sequential and ran off the end on word 3. I am sure I have never heard or read the word, and suspect @rebrascora wil do it "Just like that"!

Well I had a total fail just now! As I had a few minutes (I was listening to MOH - no the are not a group but Music on Hold) I decided to try Quordle Sequential and ran off the end on word 3. I am sure I have never heard or read the word, and suspect @rebrascora wil do it "Just like that"!
Just had to get competitive. Did it in 4,6,7,8, but I used my sister's patent method of using as many different letters as possible in the first few goes, which will usually give you a safe steady score, so by the time I got to the third word, I’d got all the letters for it and just had to rearrange them.
Its French, but used in a well known heraldic motto

I did it at silly o'clock last night.
Daily Sequence Quordle 449
3️⃣7️⃣
8️⃣9️⃣

I think that third word is usually slightly longer with an "a" in front

I got a rubbish score of 72 at sequential Octordle

Back