Wordle - Quordle Thread

I started them last night but got really frustrated because I wasn't making any progress and my concentration was really poor, probably not helped by BG rollercoaster. Gone back to them briefly this morning hoping for divine inspiration but it hasn't happened yet. Thought I would look in to the thread here to see if others had struggled and sure enough you have, so don't feel so bad now and maybe with the pressure taken off a bit I will go back and be more "gung ho" and see what happens.... Currently sitting with 2 green in Wordle and 3 lives left.

OK. Got there in the end...

Wordle in 4 once I got a pen and paper out.
Quordle 7 6 8 5 = 26
Octordle with one life left and a score of 63

Total for the day = 93 .... but at least I completed them all, so I'm not too unhappy with that, given some of them were tricky.

Woke again at 4:30 with phantom pain and backache so after taking painkillers and making a cup of tea went onto the sequential variants.

Sequential Quordle was a disaster as pain made it hard to focus and I scored 30 (6, 7, 8, 9)

Rather better with Sequential Octordle scoring 59 (3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Had to give them a go and no excuse of pain for me...
Quordle 5 6 7 8 = 26
Octordle was a tricky first word but got there with 3 5 7 8 9 10 11 12 = 65

Had to give them a go and no excuse of pain for me...
Quordle 5 6 7 8 = 26
Octordle was a tricky first word but got there with 3 5 7 8 9 10 11 12 = 65
Well, I couldn’t resist the challenge while I’m making coffee.
Was a step or two behind you the whole way.
Quordle 6,7,8,9 = 30
Octordle 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 = 68

Well woken again just after 4:00 with phantom pain so plodded through the Wordle games trying to take my mind off the pain. It wasn't very successful and neither was my word hunting but there are some silly words today! :(

Wordle in 4
Quordle to the wire for 25 (5, 7, 9, 4)
Octordle to the wire as well for 69

Total Score 98! Can anybody score higher? 🙂

Better today than yesterday for me. As @MikeyBikey said, there are some decidedly odd words again today. Heaven knows what dictionary this app is using :confused: Grand total 83

Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 08.02.49.png

Better today than yesterday for me. As @MikeyBikey said, there are some decidedly odd words again today. Heaven knows what dictionary this app is using :confused: Grand total 83

View attachment 25493

Yes, the words are quite bizarre at times. Even more puzzling I have had perfectly valid words rejected!

Congratulations on what is the best Quordle score to date! 🙂 (Well I think it is)!

Ugh, yes, tricky. Too many words using the same letter twice.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 6,3,8,5
Octordle in 71 at the last gasp.
Total 97, narrowly avoiding last place at the moment.

Well I haven't totted my total score up yet but want to congratulate @littlevoice359 on a very impressive Quordle score which I am sure has won the game today, so it is just a question of whether I can compete for the wooden spoon and it is close...

Wordle went down to the wire as I chose every wrong option before the right one. So a 6 for me.
Quordle 4 7 8 6 = 25
Octordle on the last life but with a not too bad score of 64 which considering the words involved, I am happy with.

Total for the day ...... 95 .....Sorry Mikey... It is all yours today and nothing to do with you cavorting on the beach with Nicole! 😉

Morning all and happy weekend. 86 for me. Pretty pleased all things considered

Wordle 672 4/6*
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜

Daily Quordle 453
8️⃣6️⃣
3️⃣4️⃣

Daily Octordle #453
2️⃣4️⃣
6️⃣

7️⃣9️⃣
Score: 61

Well, I’m holding off starting to cook because OH is in front of the TV watching football, and I got rained off the gardening, so I did the sequence ones while I wasn’t improving the shining hour by doing something more useful.
Seq. Quordle in 5,7,8,9
Seq. Octordle in 64, which was much better than I did on the ordinary daily this morning,

@Robin, I wasn't going to go there and now look led astray by a woman again!

Sequential Quordle (3, 5, 6, 8)
Sequential Octordle 67

So better Quordle, worse Octordle! 🙂 and :(

Today's result (grand total 93) may seem pedestrian, but I found the puzzles this morning tricky and will be interested to see how the rest of you fare. As ever, best of luck to you all.
Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 07.23.46.png

Wordle in 5
Quordle was better 5 3 7 4 = 19
Octordle.... Total and utter disaster because I got one of those ones where you have 3 and then 4 greens and you only need one more letter and you can't see any other words that have development potential and you are sure your next choice will be right.... I got 3 green with my first word and then the 4th green with my next attempt, but spent another 5 lives trying to get the first letter, so 7 lives on just the first word means that I have failed the puzzle without even being close to finding the second word.... I have walked away from it in disgust!

I claim the wooden spoon without even finishing Octordle. Frustrated with myself for getting drawn into that trap yet again! Grr!!

I puzzled for ages over Wordle, got it eventually because I eventually arrived at the only possible word, I think. The others were a case of 'slow and steady and eliminate as much as possible'
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 5,6,8,4
Octordle in 64, had a good start, but got bogged down with wrong choices towards the end.
Total 90.

Well it has been a awful last dozen hours with phantom pain, a hypo and tiredness (see 7-day Waking thread). I did Wordle and Quordle from about 4:30 on but abandoned Octordle till just now as there were endless options that needed a clearer mind. So it's

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 scoring 20 (4, 6, 7, 3)
Octordle to the wire for 71

Total Score 95 but fortunately saved from the Spoon by my DM @rebrascora! 🙂

Another very poor result but at least today I managed to complete all 3 but pretty sure I will be retaining my booby prize/trophy from yesterday...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 9 8 6 4 = 27
Octordle 73

Total for the day 104

Well I ended up cursing an obscure word in Octordle again. If it had been the more obvious and we'll known one I would have been Se7en down in Octordle and overall. I wonder if the person who sets them runs the words past a "normal" person?

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 7 scoring 22 (7, 6, 5, 4 = reverse sequence and a real stinker in sequence)
Octordle to the wire for 69

Total Score 94 but unlikely the winning score! :(

Back