Wordle - Quordle Thread

Mixed bag for me today.
Wordle in 4, but had to scratch head for ages.
Quordle in 3,5,4,6, three lives left, a record 18 for me.
Failed Octordle, had a couple of instances where I had 4 correct letters and chose the wrong word several times, and used up all my goes just before getting the final word.

Wordle in 4, Quordle in 7 with a score of 22 (4, 5, 6, 7 - nearly done in order) but struggled with Octordle getting there on final go for 69. My ambitions are to get Quordle in under 20 and Octordle in under 50. Will I do it this year? 🙂

Screenshot_20230219_213920.jpg

Screenshot_20230219_213821.jpg

Screenshot_20230219_213722.jpg

Note for @rebrascora - I have updated post!

Last edited:
Middle of the road today.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7,8,6,4
Octordle in 65, one life left.

Less than middling for me...
Wordle in 5
Quordle was my best effort of the day with 3 4 8 6 and one life left so a total of 21
Octordle went down to the wire and I had 2 options for the last letter in the remaining word. I chose the less obvious one and phew, it was right decision to give me a score of 68.
So a total for the day of 94.

No records broken on this end either. Still, I got through all three so it could have been worse.
Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 09.08.23.png

@MikeyBikey You are still head and shoulders above our achievements today even with the Octordle score. Well done!

Usual middle of the road for me today.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 3,5,7,6
Octordle in 64, one life left. Stopped myself being rash early on and guessing the wrong word of two possibilities. Sure enough, after I moved on and came back to it, one option had been eliminated.

Had a stroke of genius with Wordle today and got it in 3.
Did pretty well at Quordle too with 7 4 5 3 making a total of 19.
Then my luck ran out mostly because I used 4 goes on the 5th word when I had 4 correct letters and each time I chose the wrong starting letter. You know those times when you think Oh it can only be that letter, then when it is wrong you start to suddenly see lots of other options. Anyway, I ran out of lives for the last word.

Pretty average result for me this morning, though I was lucky with Octordle as the last one could have taken a slew of guesses to get right as there were too many options.
Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 10.14.00.png

All over the place today.
Failed Wordle, too many options having got three correctly placed letters early on.
Quordle in a bog standard 7,4,5,8
Octordle in 56, but on the last go. I was heading for an all time record, until I took three attempts to get the final word.

Similar enough result to yesterday, but lucky to get even that. I'm not convinced that some of the answers are valid words, to be honest.
Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 08.54.25.png

Similar enough result to yesterday, but lucky to get even that. I'm not convinced that some of the answers are valid words, to be honest.
One of them this morning certainly sent me scurrying for the online dictionary (no good looking in my old paper edition, it’s definitely too new). Turns out to be yet another genre that's passed me by.

Like Robin I had a rare crash out in Wordle. I also had 4 green and kept choosing the wrong starting letter option. I was left with 2 choices for my last life and true to recent form, I picked the wrong one again. 🙄
Quordle and Octordle were both down to the wire with cricket scores of 29 and 70.
Once I got "that" word I thought I may have heard it before perhaps in relation to Caribbean Music, not the actual meaning, which I just looked up. 🙄 Definitely not in my Collins English Gem though!

Well I completed them all but that's about it. Wordle to the wire, Quordle in 8 with a score of 23 (3, 5, 7, 8) and Octordle to the wire with a site of 69. Some very strange words today!

Screenshot_20230222_174437.jpg

Screenshot_20230222_174320.jpg

Screenshot_20230222_174230.jpg

Not too bad this morning, though I would have liked to get Wordle in one less try.
Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 07.48.29.png

A better day for me today...
Wordle in 3.
Quordle 7 4 6 5 with a score of 22.
Octordle with 2 lives left and a score of 61.

Overall score for the day of 86

Back