Wordle - Quordle Thread

Wordle in 4 after a long head scratch.
Failed Quordle, too many words with repeated letters.
Octordle at the last gasp in 69.
Agree about the very odd words today. I thought one was a proper name,

I am still scratching my head with Wordle but only used up 2 lives so far and got a green and 2 gold. Hoping for divine inspiration to get it in 3 but so far the gods are not talking to me....
Bombed out on Quordle and Octordle. I really wasn't focused on it at all this morning.

I am still scratching my head with Wordle but only used up 2 lives so far and got a green and 2 gold. Hoping for divine inspiration to get it in 3 but so far the gods are not talking to me....
Bombed out on Quordle and Octordle. I really wasn't focused on it at all this morning.

As Robin failed Quordle and I failed Octordle I think it is a lot to do with some of today's words. I have actually e-mailed Octordle - but will I her a reply. Some Wordle clues:

i) it contains at least one vowel,
ii) it contains at least two constants,
iii) you will kick yourself.

As Robin failed Quordle and I failed Octordle I think it is a lot to do with some of today's words. I have actually e-mailed Octordle - but will I her a reply. Some Wordle clues:

i) it contains at least one vowel,
ii) it contains at least two constants,
iii) you will kick yourself.
Thanks for that but I already have the vowel and 2 consonants and given myself a good kicking over my poor Wordle and Octordle efforts so not relishing a third... 🙄

Clearly my brain is pickled this morning as that should read Quordle (not Wordle) and Qctordle. I should add that it isn't pickled by alcohol as I am off the drink for the foreseeable future.... maybe that is the problem!

Last edited:
.... You are right.... just sorted it in 4 and kicking myself.

Thanks for that but I already have the vowel and 2 consonants and given myself a good kicking over my poor Wordle and Octordle efforts so not relishing a third... 🙄

But you failed at Quordle and Octordle. Think we need to tweak the bolus brain juice! 🙂

Another (what I would consider) dodgy word in this morning's suite of puzzles. It was mostly just luck that the sequence of correct letters narrowed the possibilities or I possibly would never have thought of the answer.
Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 07.41.10.png

I got worse as I went through this morning.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 6,8,4,7
Crashed and burned in Octordle, I had two words still to guess when I ran out of goes.
Agree, @littlevoice359 , some strange words this morning.

And my lye entry! Wordle in 4 (it could have been worse), Quordle in 7 with a score of 21 (3, 6, 5, 7) but Octordle to the wire and a score of 66. Total score 91. Haven't you done it today @rebrascora ?

Screenshot_20230227_225949.jpg

Screenshot_20230227_225911.jpg

Screenshot_20230227_225817.jpg

Pretty lacklustre performance this morning, with a total score of 92.

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 07.35.39.png

Par for the course for me.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 4,7,6,3
Octordle down to the wire in 64. Had a flying start, but got bogged down in the middle.
Total score 88.

And my lye entry! Wordle in 4 (it could have been worse), Quordle in 7 with a score of 21 (3, 6, 5, 7) but Octordle to the wire and a score of 66. Total score 91. Haven't you done it today @rebrascora ?
Oops! I forgot to hit send yesterday morning but this was my results...

Better day for me.

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 4 5 7 8 with a total of 23 and 1 life left
Octordle with one life left and a score of 62

Total of 89 for all 3 puzzles today.

Yes, a strong American influence in some of the words.

And todays results....
Wordle in 4
Quordle down to the wire with 6 7 9 4 so a total of 26
Octordle with 1 life left and a score of 60.

Total for the day looks like a rather mediocre 90.

I am finishing Quordle after my OPA as have to preserve my battery. Libre seems very hungry. The loss of signal is particularly annoying and despite turning it off it keeps on. Also seems to want to be the primary app so keeps complaining when I am on forums.

Sorry, getting side tracked! Wordle in 4, Quordle in 8 with a score of 23 (6, 4, 5, 8). Like @Robin a fast start on Octordle but stuck on 3, 5, 7 with only two letters each! Shall I try SQUIZ? 🙂

So when I got back to Octordle I was incredibly lucky with my guess on 3. This leas to 7 and the 5 for a score of 52. It may be my best Octordle yer but all my stats were recently wiped. So it's 4vfor Wordle, Quordle in 8 for a score of 23 (6, 4, 5, 8) and Octordle in 10 for 52 points giving an overall total of 79 pointss. It may be my best yet which surprises me as I was fuming mad with this morning's incompetence (another story.).

Screenshot_20230228_235520.jpg

Screenshot_20230228_235432.jpg

Screenshot_20230228_235331.jpg

Pretty dismal for me this morning I'm afraid. I actually think I was lucky to make it through all three, albeit with a pretty dreadful total of 95.
Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 07.38.16.png

Well, I did them last night before bed and it looks like that was a mistake!

Wordle in 5
Quordle 4 8 6 5 with a total of 23
Octordle I crashed and burned with not one but 2 words to get although I had one of them but not enough lives to complete it.

An average verging on poor performance today! :( Wordle in 4, Quordle in 8 with a score of 25 (6, 8, 7, 4) and Octordle in 12 with a score of 67. Total score 96.

Screenshot_20230301_083808.jpg

Screenshot_20230301_083727.jpg

Screenshot_20230301_083657.jpg

Wordle in a lucky 3, I had two other words in mind.
Quordle down to the wire in 5,9,8,6.
Octordle also down to the wire in 72. Kicked myself, I had two words where luck ran out, and I rushed in with the incorrect starting letter.
Total 103!

Better this morning, with a more respectable (though not exactly brilliant) total of 86.
Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 07.54.50.png

Back