Wordle - Quordle Thread

A bit of a mixed bag this morning and middle-of-the-road result overall. Better luck to the rest of you.
Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 08.04.26.png

Also a day of getting better as I went through.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8,4,5,6
Octordle in 53 with two lives left.
Hmm, @rebrascora 'That' word! It pooped into my mind quite quickly this time. I also thought there were a couple of others that had come round before, so I was quicker to think of them, hence my better than usual score.

Also a day of getting better as I went through.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8,4,5,6
Octordle in 53 with two lives left.
Hmm, @rebrascora 'That' word! It pooped into my mind quite quickly this time. I also thought there were a couple of others that had come round before, so I was quicker to think of them, hence my better than usual score.
Sometimes, I wonder if they have a very limited number of words in their dictionary and when I think it is a word that has come up before, I then think it can't be because it's too obvious, so I talk myself out of it again, although that one this morning just jumped out at me and I didn't second guess it. I just hate "the word". I really don't believe it is a real word!

Had a giod start with Wordle in 3 but then my performance fell away. Quordle in 8 (5, 6, 8, 7.) with a score of 26 and Octordle in 12 with a score of 66! Not happy with some if the words in Octordle today!

Not a good start for me either and things didn't improve very much from there! Better luck to the rest of you. Some odd words this morning and rather too much luck involved IMHO.
Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 07.50.28.png

Really struggled with Wordle this morning, even when I had 3 green and only a few letters left. Scratched my head for what seemed like ages until I got a pen and piece of paper and then it was obvious. 🙄 Funny how often that works!
Anyway, Wordle in 5.
Quordle 5 2 6 8 with 1 life left and a total of 22
Octordle with 2 lives left and a score of 59

Started badly and got worse today.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8,4,9,5, got bogged down in the middle
Failed Octordle. Was doing OK, but used up last two lives failing to get bottom right, chose every remaining consonant for the middle letter, which was the only one unguessed, except the correct one.

Failed Octordle. Was doing OK, but used up last two lives failing to get bottom right, chose every remaining consonant for the middle letter, which was the only one unguessed, except the correct one.
It did feel like a bit of an uncomfortable choice of word though!

It did feel like a bit of an uncomfortable choice of word though!
Maybe it was meant in the military communication sense of '…wilco, over and out' rather than the, er, other sense.

Maybe it was meant in the military communication sense of '…wilco, over and out' rather than the, er, other sense.
Yes, indeed and I have used it many times myself in that context but for some reason the other meaning was more to the forefront of my mind and discouraging me from opting for that middle letter.... Maybe that says something about the way I think! o_O

Yes, indeed and I have used it many times myself in that context but for some reason the other meaning was more to the forefront of my mind and discouraging me from opting for that middle letter.... Maybe that says something about the way I think! o_O

As a proper noun it should not be in and as a verb (I have not heard it used fir a very long time) it's not acceptable/

Morning all. Better luck to the rest of you - I simply ran out of chances in Octordle :-(

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 07.39.41.png

Woke with "hypo hangover head" (Triple H) and struggled initially (see 7 Day Average). Wordle in 5, needed all 9 for Quordle (going in a black hole between 3 and 7) scoring a poor 27 (9' 3, 8, 7) but got redemption in Octordle with 58 in 11!

Screenshot_20230123_085729.jpg

Screenshot_20230123_085643.jpg

Screenshot_20230123_085537.jpg

Wordle in 4 for me today.
Started Quordle and got bogged down on the first word having got the rest, so I walked away from it, but when I went back to it to complete, it was wiped clean and I had to start again and I am certain that it wasn't the same puzzle. Also, the day after I got that warning from McAffee the format of Quordle seemed to change, just the actual layout on the screen, not the actual game but it still worked OK. But today it's not working right and I am not playing until I can go back to that first word I was struggling with. I had 2 lives left to get it and it looks like the rest of you struggled with it too, so that had to be the correct version. Can someone post me a link to Quordle, to see if I am somehow ending up on the wrong site.

Octordle appeared to be as normal. I got a good start but then struggled towards the end and scraped through on the last life with a score of 63.

This is what I copy and pasted from mine, @rebrascora but it hasn’t worked as a link, which it normally does if I c+p on here. I also can’t work out if you’ll get my answers filled in. I’d never noticed it was on the Merriam Webster site before, I wonder if they’ve just taken it over.
Edit. Oh now I've posted it, it’s turned into a link.

Thanks for that @Robin
That thankfully came up with the olk format but definitely wasn't the same puzzle as I played earlier, so looks like the last couple of days I may have been playing a different puzzle to everyone else.... same rules but different worrds.
Anyway, I scraped through it on my last life with 8 9 5 and 6 so a grand total of 28.

Both lucky and unlucky this morning - Wordle in 2 and bombed on Quordle. Pure chance in each case.
Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 07.51.32.png

Wordle in 4, I had four correct letters on go 2, but took two more goes to get the remaining letter right.
Quordle was better, 3,4,6,7
Octordle was a scrape home in 73. Twice, I thought of the correct word, then changed my mind and was out by one letter!
My French teacher at school popped into my head. We used to have to do French dictation, and her mantra was 'First thoughts are the best' i.e. if you thought too long about whether something had an accent on it, for example, you’d probably end up changing what you'd initially put down, to something incorrect.

Back