Wordle - Quordle Thread

Well today really was a mixed bag, from the worst possible score to pretty much the best with mediocre in between....

Wordle in 6
Quordle 5 6 4 8 = 23
Octordle was a straight run through from my second word for 44
Daily Octordle #993
8️⃣9️⃣
6️⃣7️⃣
3️⃣2️⃣
5️⃣4️⃣
Score: 44

Gives me a total of 73

After @Peely66's comment about how long it took to do them I wondered if this is where I am going wrong 🙄 as I tend to do them within half an hour unless I really get stuck and have to walk away and come back to them later, but usually just 10-15 mins. No wonder I am the wooden spoon champion.... but not today :D!
Sorry Rob. I prematurely awarded you a gold star when I saw your scores this morning and didn't think that would be beaten and certainly not by me..... but I am snatching it back off you. Robin, look after my spoon for me till tomorrow please when normal service will no doubt resume.

Starting the day and the week off with a reasonable score considering they were all a bit tricky today. Timed myself and took exactly 20 mins.

Wordle in 3
Quordle 5 3 6 4 = 18
Octordle for 65

Gives me 86.

Then it took me another 35mins to do the Weekly Challenge with CLEAN. It looked to be a great starting word but I really needed a lot of head scratching after getting the first two. I had to sacrifice a life in the end, but still not a bad score....

6 3 4 7 = 20

Not a good day for me. After one of my best ever Quordle I hit an adjacent key accidentally and it was accepted resulting in 6:extra points!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 6 for 18 (6, 5, 3, 4)
Octordle to the wire for 72.

Total Score 94! Nor helped by some odd words. As making tea, doing early meds,etc. on/off 45 minutes.

usual middle of the road, I nearly came a cropper on Octordle, though, good start, got bogged down in the middle, suddenly found myself with one word to go on my last life and not much towards it. Luckily with what letters I’d got left, it was a sure bet on the word I found.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 3,6,8,5 = 22
Octordle in 69
Total 95
Weekly in 4,3,6,7 = 20, tying with @rebrascora .

Total time taken for all of the above including Globle which I do with my son, and including time spent typing this post, 20 mins. I’m on a mission, need to go food shopping, the cupboard is bare after our hol.

A 3 on Wordle for me, followed by a 4, 6, 7, 5 on Quordle for 22, and ending with a 55 on Octordle. That comes out as a total of 80. That took around an hour but that nasty real life was very rudely getting in the way so I'd guess 40 minutes actual thinking time.

Weekly clean I joined the 20 club with a 7, 6, 3, 4.

Ok quicker today. Bear in mind 2 hours was on a lazy Sunday, listening to the radio at the same time and making lots of cups of tea and breakfast plus I'm getting used to the format. Think I took about an hour today.

Wordle 4
Quordle 9,6,5,7 =27
Octordle DNF (but the score says 73?)
So that's 104 (definitely a wooden spoon)

Wonder what second word people had for the Weekly Challenge. I did myself no favours at all
:rofl:
Weekly Challenge in 8 for 20 (+5) , (4, 7, 6, 8) :rofl:

Wonder what second word people had for the Weekly Challenge. I did myself no favours at all
:rofl:
Weekly Challenge in 8 for 20 (+5) , (4, 7, 6, 8) :rofl:
I think I went with SPORT but I can't remember now and I can't see a way to go back and check.

I think I went with SPORT but I can't remember now and I can't see a way to go back and check.
There’s a dropdown menu at the top, for me, if you click on 'Daily: classic' it drops down to show all the other daily puzzles (Daily chill, Daily extreme, etc, both of which I’m trying not to get hooked on) and at the bottom, there’s the weekly challenge.

The Weekly Challenge isn't on that list for me. The last one is Victordle?? I can click on the star at the top for the Daily Challenge but it just opens a box that says I completed it and a new one will be available in 7 days but I can't access the stats or words.

The Weekly Challenge isn't on that list for me. The last one is Victordle?? I can click on the star at the top for the Daily Challenge but it just opens a box that says I completed it and a new one will be available in 7 days but I can't access the stats or words.
How odd, this is what mine looks like, with the drop down box superimposed on the main list with Victordle on it,
IMG_4543.jpeg

Decent score for me, for once, with a large slice of luck.A shaky start on Wordle (2 lives left, 3 possible words, for once I picked the correct one first) a lucky Quordle, then my second starter word on Octordle was one of the answers, which put me ahead of the game.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 3,4,5,7 = 19
Octordle in 50
Total 74

Back