Wordle - Quordle Thread

Disaster for me.

Wordle in 4
Quordle Skin of my teeth 7 8 5 9 = 29
Octordle... No more skin on my teeth to save me, so I flunked.

So it's a DNF for me today.

Just really bad luck as every time I had a choice, I chose the wrong ones first. I even had a couple of anagrams. 😡

I'm back! On the forum, if not quite back in the country yet. Been contending with unsecured wifi in a hotel in Italy, and could only get on the BBC, Facebook, and oddly, Wordle. Decided to cast caution to the winds today and use up my phone data allowance, as we're home later.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 4,6,5,8 = 23
Octordle in 63
Total 89
And 21 for the weekly with CHAFE

Welcome back! Think your 21 puts us in joint first for the weekly. If nobody else beats us I'll leave the choice for next week with you.

Apart from the other day it seems if you don't score by Guess 3 on Octordle your chances of winning are slim, but a clean run thereafter like yesterday!

Wordle in 5 after a 'gutsy' attempt!
Quordle in 8 for 21 (4, 3, 8, 6)
Octordle in 11 for 60

Total Score 86!

Decentish for me today, nearly got straight runs through Q and O, but had a hiccup in the middle on both.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 5,4,7,3 = 19
Octordle in 58
Total 81

While I’m still in holiday mode, shall we have CLEAN for Monday's weekly challenge, which is what I hope all my dirty washing will be by then?

Bit of a mixture for me today...

Wordle in 5
Quordle 3 8 7 4 = 22
Octordle for 55

Gives me 82

All to play for Mikey....

I've returned to wordle after a long break from it. (not sure why other than wanting exercise my grey matter) Checked on forum and found this going on! So how do I join in? Is it the NY Times wordle everyone does on here? (Got that in 2 this morning with a lucky second guess but I was annoyed this week with an Americanism that threw me).

What are qourdle and octordle!!?

I've returned to wordle after a long break from it. (not sure why other than wanting exercise my grey matter) Checked on forum and found this going on! So how do I join in? Is it the NY Times wordle everyone does on here? (Got that in 2 this morning with a lucky second guess but I was annoyed this week with an Americanism that threw me).

What are qourdle and octordle!!?
Yes, the New York Times Wordle and well done on getting it in 2 today.

Quordle is a similar game but you are playing 4 words at once and you have 9 lives instead of 6.
And Octordle is playing 8 words at once with 13 lives...

Hopefully those links work.

Late doing them today. Did Wordle not in a 2 but rather more helped by an anagram for the second day running. Got annoyed and decided to do some paperwork and import emails instead. Then realised I could not focussed and a little later had a full blown visual migraine! :( Finally got back to them a little while ago.

Wordle in 4
Octordle in 8 for 24 (4, 7, 5, 8)
Octordle in 11 for 58

Total Score 86!

Welcome to the best thread on the forum @Peely66 ! 🙂

Screenshot_20241012-182831~2.png

Screenshot_20241012-182809~2.png

I'm having problems with quordle though...
Can only see 2 boards not 4. Adjusting the keyboard size to small has given me the top 2 lines of the bottom boards...any ideas? I'm stumped.
Welcome to the best thread on the forum @Peely66 !
Thank you!

I'm having problems with quordle though...
Can only see 2 boards not 4. Adjusting the keyboard size to small has given me the top 2 lines of the bottom boards...any ideas? I'm stumped.

Thank you!

With both Quordle and Octordle I have to scroll. My sister also does the one with 16 boards but I don't like it as by half-way it is mainly scrolling and solving anagrams!

Ah finally got it. The scroll bar at the side of the page didn't do it but scrolling on the page did.

Besides the Daily Three we do the Weekly Quordle Challenge where thee previous week's winner nominates the next week's starter word. This week it is CHAFE which did few favours!

A very average day. Disappointingly Octordle was found really well then I ran out of letters and had to many options! :( Luckily I did not anagram again!

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 7 for 22 (7, 6, 4, 5)
Octordle to the wire for 2^6

Total Score 91!

Well...after failing miserable yesterday...second attempt and managed to finish them all for a reasonable score. I think.

wordle 3
quordle 7,5,3,4 = 19
octordle 64
total 86

Don't think I'll be able to do that everyday though. It took me 2 hours and things like having to get up for work might get in the way! Hopefully I'll get a bit quicker as I think I made rookie errors on octordle trying to solve words rather than get more letters in place.

Back