Wordle - Quordle Thread

Having an axe to grind I have only done the Quordles. The Daily was tricky again and CHAFE did no favours in the Weekly Challenge. I actually went to bed early as I feel shattered by woke after less than an hour with the screaming adjabs of Phantom Pain. It feels like a bunsen is being applied to the top of my foot, my ankle is broken and I have cramp in the toes - i.e. it's eff'ing awful! :( Anyway:

Quordle to the wire for 26 (4, 6, 9, 7)

Weekly Challenge in 8 for 24 (5, 7, 8, 4). Clue - rebus, inept and axiom are not amongst the answers. :rofl:

Wordle and Octordle at breakfast!

Scraped through Quordle to enable me to do the Weekly but then hit disaster on Octordle.

Wordle in 4
Quordle 4 5 9 6 = 24 Weekly with CHAFE (not impressed!) 8 4 7 6 = 25
Octordle = DNF

Having an axe to grind I have only done the Quordles. The Daily was tricky again and CHAFE did no favours in the Weekly Challenge. I actually went to bed early as I feel shattered by woke after less than an hour with the screaming adjabs of Phantom Pain. It feels like a bunsen is being applied to the top of my foot, my ankle is broken and I have cramp in the toes - i.e. it's eff'ing awful! :( Anyway:

Quordle to the wire for 26 (4, 6, 9, 7)

Weekly Challenge in 8 for 24 (5, 7, 8, 4). Clue - rebus, inept and axiom are not amongst the answers. :rofl:

Wordle and Octordle at breakfast!

Both Quordle and Octordle were tricky today!

Wordle in 4
Octordle to the wire for 68

Total Score 100 (the ton up boy)! Nevertheless I am handing over the Spoon of Wood! :rofl:

Late report today. All going well with a 3 on Wordle, then a 7, 4, 3, 5 Quordle for 19, and correct words on lines 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 of Octordle. And then..... completely failed to register just how many options there were on those last two words and ploughed on without engaging brain cells enough.... and that led to a DNF. So leaving @MikeyBikey in first as the only person with a score so far!

Having Internet problems and no time to do them on my phone, so radio silence from me for a few days.

It's a big score from me today....

Wordle in 4
Quordle on 7 6 5 9 = 27
Octordle for 66

Gives me a total of 97.

Been waiting for transport back for three hours +even nodded off). Anyway done the Wordles. Early doors appointments tomorrow and Thursday.

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8 for 24 (4, 5, 7, 8)
Octordle in 11 for 57 (10 x Morning BG)

Total Score 84 tying with @Rob Oldfield

Problematic Wordle to kick off with for a 6, then a 3, 7, 6, 4 20 on Quordle and a lucky 52 on Octordle after a forced early guess was correct (checked afterwards and it was one of 5 options). Total of 78.

Well I took both Wordle and Quordle to the wire....

Wordle for 6
Quurdle 7 5 9 8 =29
Octordle for 56

Gives me 91

Better day today as I was back indoors for lunch. Early doors Podiatry tomorrow then a few days off.

Wordle to the wire for 6! (bl**dy awkward one)
Quordle to the wire for 23 (3. 7. 9, 4)
Octordle in 11 for 66

Total Score 95! @rebrascora 's excellent Octordle means she gives me back the Spoon of Wood! :( But tomorrow is another day! :rofl:

Mediocre today...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 4 5 6 8 = 23
Octordle for 58

Total of 85

Lucky muscles working well again today with various words on Q and O being correct choices. Started with a 4 on Wordle, then a 3, 5, 4, 7 for 19 on Quordle, and a 52 on Wordle.

Also came across a new game at https://squareword.org/ Haven't quite made my mind up whether to make it a regular thing so far. (....and just to note, that does allow plurals and some odd words - saw 'emend' come up yesterday.)

Late posting as needed 40, even 50, winks after heavy Physiotherapy. At least Patient Transport brought me back in reasonable time with an OOA (out-of-area) ambulance but I was 15 minutes late getting there! :(

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 7 for 20 (4, 7, 3, 6)
Octordle in 11 for 60 with straight run Guesses 4 - 11.

Total Score 85! Tying with @rebrascora - don't worry I will let you keep the Spoon of Wood as zero appetite with these antibiotics!

I'm back! On the forum, if not quite back in the country yet. Been contending with unsecured wifi in a hotel in Italy, and could only get on the BBC, Facebook, and oddly, Wordle. Decided to cast caution to the winds today and use up my phone data allowance, as we're home later.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 4,6,5,8 = 23
Octordle in 63
Total 89
And 21 for the weekly with CHAFE

Back