Wordle - Quordle Thread

Did not imagine I would be first today but still waiting on transport but driver rang to assure me he is on his way. Best day in weeks but probably not the winner!

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 7 for 21 (6,5,7,3)
Octordle in 11 for 56

Total Score 80!

Hello, I am back and totally out of practice so it took me a while to get going and took the first 2 to the wire but made up for it on Octordle....

Wordle in 6
Quordle 6 9 4 7 = 26
Octordle for 52

Gives me a total of 84 .... and my usual last place, of course.

And just to confirm that I am back to normality after my short break, I also managed to flunk the Weekly Challenge with PRUNE. Must try harder!

Hello, I am back and totally out of practice so it took me a while to get going and took the first 2 to the wire but made up for it on Octordle....

Wordle in 6
Quordle 6 9 4 7 = 26
Octordle for 52

Gives me a total of 84 .... and my usual last place, of course.

And just to confirm that I am back to normality after my short break, I also managed to flunk the Weekly Challenge with PRUNE. Must try harder!
Welcome back! Hope you had a lovely time in Tenerife, and didn’t fall foul of any anti-tourist protests.

@Robin. It was lovely to spend time with my brother and get a hug or ten. Not exactly a holiday as we spent the time preparing and decorating their house and garden for their party on Saturday and helping my sister in law with the food and then clearing up afterwards of course, so no touristy visits and plenty of work but just wonderful to spend time with them. No anti tourist protests where we were and in fact the locals where he lives have embraced my brother, as he has embraced them and their language and culture. He is probably now more Canarian than English. One local family have pretty much adopted him and his wife as extra grandparents although my sister in law prefers the term "aunty" and they think the world of my brother particularly, and were at pains to reassure us that they will continue to look after him like close family when we had left. Lovely, lovely people!
Unfortunately my sister in law doesn't have her "residencia" so, since Brexit, she has to leave him on his own there and return to the UK every 3 months and in fact she came back with us on our flight, so knowing he has people there who love and care so much for him when he is on his own, is a huge comfort to all of us!

@Robin. It was lovely to spend time with my brother and get a hug or ten. Not exactly a holiday as we spent the time preparing and decorating their house and garden for their party on Saturday and helping my sister in law with the food and then clearing up afterwards of course, so no touristy visits and plenty of work but just wonderful to spend time with them. No anti tourist protests where we were and in fact the locals where he lives have embraced my brother, as he has embraced them and their language and culture. He is probably now more Canarian than English. One local family have pretty much adopted him and his wife as extra grandparents although my sister in law prefers the term "aunty" and they think the world of my brother particularly, and were at pains to reassure us that they will continue to look after him like close family when we had left. Lovely, lovely people!
Unfortunately my sister in law doesn't have her "residencia" so, since Brexit, she has to leave him on his own there and return to the UK every 3 months and in fact she came back with us on our flight, so knowing he has people there who love and care so much for him when he is on his own, is a huge comfort to all of us!
Glad you had a good time, even if it wasn’t strictly a holiday. I bet you had better weather than we did here! (you really haven’t missed anything, unless you like rain, mist, drizzle, wind….)

Glad you had a good time, even if it wasn’t strictly a holiday. I bet you had better weather than we did here! (you really haven’t missed anything, unless you like rain, mist, drizzle, wind….)
Everyone out there kept saying what a shame it was that the weather was so poor whilst we were there, but it was absolutely wonderful as far as I was concerned. Overcast and very, very occasionally a short lived slight and very light drizzle but otherwise a lovely 23-25 degrees day and night and a gentle breeze and we saw the sun very briefly a couple of mornings but not long enough to need sun cream on. For someone like me who can't take the heat, it was just perfect weather, especially as we were working outside a lot of the time. Even those tiny outbreaks of drizzle were pleasant and welcome. Our Airbnb was about 500 yards down a very steep rough track from my brother's place, so it was comfortable to walk up to my brother's and back each day, or dash down and back if I needed something and our villa had striking sea views and the sound of waves crashing on the rocks at the bottom of the cliff we were perched on. Never needed my brand new Frio pouch, so that lives to be christened another year. The only time I was uncomfortably hot was when we got back out of the air con hire car yesterday afternoon at the airport in the south and the heat blasted us for 10 mins until we got into the airport terminal.
Yes, I have come back to the reality and normality of damp and mud with a splat!! I will no doubt be dealing with mud fever again as all 4 GGs have been out whilst I have been away in their winter field which is on a hillside. I was worried about flies but it seems the rain has kept that problem away, so I suppose there is some blessing to be found in any situation!

Still waiting for transport to Limb Fitting and have finished dailies! Octordle was quite tricky!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 22 (5, 8, 6, 3)
Octordle in 12 for 62

Total Score Two Fat Ladies (88)!

A bit better for me today. Maybe that wind blew some of the cobwebs away! it is rather wild out there! Very autumnal.

Wordle in 4
Quordle 5 8 3 7 = 23
Octordle for 56

Gives me 83 today.

Started with a 7, 3, 5, 4 Quordle for 19, then a 57 on Octordle before finishing with a 4 on Wordle for a total of 80.

A shame to end a streak of 3s on Wordle - 11 in a row before today.

Started well, went downhill from there.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8,4,6,3 = 21
Failed Octordle, I was in a bit of a rush and got bogged down mid way through chasing the last letter for one of the words, then ran out of lives at the end.

Tying with my mate Mikey this morning after REALLY struggling with Wordle and having to leave it and come back....

Wordle in 4
Quordle for 2 6 4 8 = 20
Octordle for 62

Gives me 86 as well.

Struggled on Quordle today. (took me a while on Wordle as well, to find the only word that would fit)
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 5,9,8,6 = 28
Octordle in 59
Total 90

Tricky day today I think. Started with Quordle - a 4, 6, 5, 7 for 22. Octordle started well but then hit some problems (where my guessing muscles look to have gone limp in the last day) and ended with a 60. Wordle a similar story to @Robin I think where after two guesses I really struggled to think of any possible next one. Eventually got there though so ended with a 3. Grand total of 85 to sneak into first place by the skin of my teeth.

The "spoon of doom" beckons today. I really struggled with all 3 and ended up with a cricket score....

Wordle in 4
Quordle to the wire for 9 3 7 6 = 25
Octordle to the wire for 71

Gives me a straight century.

Back