Wordle - Quordle Thread

Think the heat and erratic BGs are getting to me. Finished them all but that is the best that can be said. Overnight I did Wordle with one life to spare (they seem generally to be getting more awkward) and going to the wire with Quordle I decide to leave Octordle to the morning. After 6 goes was in line for a 52 and then it went horribly wrong thanks to a few tricky words! :(

Wordle in 5
Quordle to the wire for 25 (9, 5, 7, 4)
Octordle to the wire for 62

Total Score 92!

I did Ok on Wordle again today but another flunk on Octordle.

Wordle in 4
Quordle 8 5 6 3 = 22
Octordle = DNF If only I had had one more life!

Well I think all round it'd be better if we just pretend that today didn't happen. That OK with everyone?
Sounds good to me but I have a feeling Mikey and perhaps Robin may object

I did Ok on Wordle again today but another flunk on Octordle.

Wordle in 4
Quordle 8 5 6 3 = 22
Octordle = DNF If only I had had one more life!

After flunking Guess 11 I had two options on my last guess and ignored the one I cannot recall ever hearing an American say! 🙄

Well I think all round it'd be better if we just pretend that today didn't happen. That OK with everyone?

Two DNFs for me on Octordle and Wordle, and left it the last word to complete Quordle.

When I was the first to post on the thread today I was convinced I was in line for the Spoon of Wood but now only @Robin can determine if I get Gold or Silver! :(

After flunking Guess 11 I had two options on my last guess and ignored the one I cannot recall ever hearing an American say! 🙄
Are you talking about the second word in Octordle?....because Americans do use that word but for a slightly different part of the body.

Well, I flunked Quordle today! I had too many options left for the first letter of the first word.
I did try Navvy on Octordle, but luckily had a life left to spare for the correct answer.
Wordle in 5
Octordle in 67
A day to forget!

Better day than yesterday. Generally feel better than I did suffering the effects of the heat and a stomach upset. Maybe I would have failed yesterday as when you are on par you can overthink! :rofl:

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 7 for 21 (3, 7, 5, 6)
Octordle in 11 for 59

Total Score 83! Imagine the 3 "R's" will be hard on my heels now! :rofl:

Two good and one bad for me today, which is as least two better than yesterday at least. Wordle with a 2, then Quordle a 4, 3, 6, 7 for 20, but then hit by a 68 on Quordle so ended up with a total of 90.

Well, I flunked Quordle today! I had too many options left for the first letter of the first word.
I did try Navvy on Octordle, but luckily had a life left to spare for the correct answer.
Wordle in 5
Octordle in 67
A day to forget!
So that's 3 to 1 that we forget yesterday entirely. Sorry Mikey but you can't argue with democracy.

Well, it looks like I am in my usual last place again today, unless @Robin has a particularly poor run.

Wordle in 5
Quordle 5 8 6 2 = 21
Octordle to the wire for 67

Gives me a total of 93

Four on Wordle, then a 7, 4, 6, 3 Quordle for 20, and a 59 on Octordle comes out as a total of 83. I'll definitely take that after the last couple of days.

Will leave Octordle for the morning as painkiller starting to work and I need my sleep. Slightly awkward Wordle and then made a school pupil error where I had two options but created a third by leaving out a known letter!

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8 for 23 (8, 5, 6, 4)

Running Total 28! So need 54 or less for the Gold!

Will leave Octordle for the morning as painkiller starting to work and I need my sleep. Slightly awkward Wordle and then made a school pupil error where I had two options but created a third by leaving out a known letter!

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8 for 23 (8, 5, 6, 4)

Running Total 28! So need 54 or less for the Gold!

Well I failed! Word 6 really stomped me (whatever it is?). I had all the letters after Guess 12 but only got it on my last guess as I had the starter letter and eliminated positions for the other. Rather than Google I will wait for @rebrascora to tell me! 🙂

Octordle in 12 for 61!

Total Score 89!

What is tomorrow's Weekly Challenge starter if I am up late? :rofl:

Good start for me followed by my usual poor show in Quordle and Octordle but limped home on the last life for both....

Wordle for 3
Quordle 9 6 8 4 = 27
Octordle for 67

Gives me 97

That no 6 word has cropped up before but I am no wiser than you Mikey and had to do a web search for the meaning. Still not sure I am any wiser! 🙄

I am pretty sure it is Rob's choice again for the Weekly Challenge starter.

Good start for me followed by my usual poor show in Quordle and Octordle but limped home on the last life for both....

Wordle for 3
Quordle 9 6 8 4 = 27
Octordle for 67

Gives me 97

That no 6 word has cropped up before but I am no wiser than you Mikey and had to do a web search for the meaning. Still not sure I am any wiser! 🙄

I am pretty sure it is Rob's choice again for the Weekly Challenge starter.

Had a look myself. Seems like a Mud version of Volcano Man who appear in Marvel comics when I a was a kid! This was when there were no Sell By Dates and the only takeaway was Fish 'n' Chips! :rofl:

Back