Wordle - Quordle Thread

Not a good start to the week for me but at least I completed them....

Wordle for 5....No idea why I struggled with it, but after walking away, it was absolutely obvious 5mins later when I came back!
Quordle for 8 7 3 5 = 23
Octordle for 58

Gives me a total of 86

DUNCE didn't do me any favours but I scraped through the weekly challenge with 8 9 7 3 = 27

Last edited:
Not a good start. My run of 3 with Wordle continued but I got a DNF with Quordle because of a school student error!

Wordle in 3
Quordle DNF (3, 8, X, 6)

May try Octordle when I get back but no Weakly Challenge for today!

Despite being very, very late I was seen - update on the Poorly Leg thread. Two hour wait to come back afterwards so over five hours gone...

Octordle in 11 for 58 - a useful score on another day.

While I waited for my BG to stabilise and the painkillers to come in I thought I would tackle unfinished business.

Today's Quordle in 9 for 27 (8, 9, 7, 3) But qualifying me for the Weekly Challenge! 🙂

Weekly Challenge in 8 for 22 (6, 8, 5, 3) tying with @Robin for the Silver!

Maybe DUNCE wasn't a good choice for the weekly challenge after all as I now seem to feel that I need to live up to it 🙄 ...

Wordle in 4
Quordle = DNF
Octordle for a reasonable 58

Tricky set of words I think. Lots of options available - at least the way that I did it. Did it in reverse order with a 55 on Octordle, then a 3, 8, 7, 5 for 23 on Quordle, and a 4 on Wordle. Total score of 82.

Managed to scrape through. In much the same way as I managed to stay on the pony this morning when he spooked and spun towards home when there was a scary lorry rumbling down the road behind the hedge (things are only scary when you can’t see them). Thank goodness for the grippy silicon bits on my jodhpurs! (and thanks to the pony, who stopped when he realised I was hanging off the side, thinking, this isn’t quite right…)
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8,9,7,5 = 29
Octordle in 66
Total 99

Yes, sticky bum jodhs really are a blessing at times and well done to Toby for stopping when he realised he was losing you. What a star! Oh.... and well done to you @Robin for staying on.... and completing the Wordles! :D

Well, it is an improvement on yesterday, but not by much....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 4 6 8 = 25
Octordle for 61

Gives me a total of 90

Took me ages to get anything correct on Wordle, didn’t do badly on Q, made every wrong choice going on Octordle and failed it by yet another wrong choice on the final word.
Wordle in 6
Quordle in 7,4,3,6 =20

Good day for me helped by a large dose of luck. Started out on Wordle with the first two words just giving a couple of wrong places, but lucky guess hit on row 3. Quordle was a 5, 3, 4, 6 for 18 with the last word being a correct 50/50. Quordle again lucky with my start word giving lots of info, word 5 being very near to an answer even though it was using 5 letters not touched on lines 1-4, and another correct 50/50 later on. Ended up with a 49 for a total of 70.

Tackled Wordle and Quordle and part Octordle while waiting for painkillers to come in. Just finished Octordle but overall score trashed by Quordle! :(

Wordle in 4
Quordle to the wire for 26 (3, 6, 9, 8)
Octordle in 12 for 60

Total Score 90!

Disaster for me again.... Don't understand how I am consistently pretty good at Wordle but then frequently fail the others.

Wordle in 3 after a bit of head scratching.
Quordle 3 7 6 8 = 24
Octordle = DNF with a double X

Back