Wordle - Quordle Thread

Well I managed to access Octordle eventually (I am on a desktop too but that didn't help earlier). Unfortunately I had clearly lost my focus and flunked it, so it is a DNF and the Spoon of Wood again for me. I know my place! 🙄

And there were two horsey words too! :(

There were??? I only remember one..... heading back to check..... Ah! I assume you mean the one about money being placed on them. I never think in terms of that with horses as it is just not something that interests me and of course that term is applicable to lots of things and not even sport..... the election date comes to mind!!

There were??? I only remember one..... heading back to check..... Ah! I assume you mean the one about money being placed on them. I never think in terms of that with horses as it is just not something that interests me and of course that term is applicable to lots of things and not even sport..... the election date comes to mind!!
Glad you asked, I was just wondering which was the second word, too. :rofl:

Good day for me. Started with a 5, 3, 7, 4 Quordle for 19, then a 52 for Octordle ending with a 4 on Wordle. Total of 75.

Trying not to be late with a word for the weekly I was thinking of horse, but we did house last week. So, keeping it topical, let's go with VOTER.

Well, I am very proud of my ....
Wordle for 3 but then it went steadily down hill...
Quordle 4 7 8 3 = 22
Octordle for 66

Gives me a total of 91

Late to report as muggy head lasted most of the day!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 24 (4, 5, 7, 8)
Octordle in 12 for 61

Total Score 89! Mikey in the Middle but happy as below par!

Well, it was a skin of the teeth day on the Wordle front this morning. Let's just say I used up all available lives and totted up a not so nice big score...

Wordle for 6
Quordle 9 7 5 6 = 27
Octordle for 62

I am really surprised it isn't more, but my total looks like 95

I also had a practice Octordle with VOTER and that didn't go well either but maybe I am saving up all my luck for tomorrow! 🙄

Not my best score by a long way, but I'll take that as a good story instead.

Started with a 4 on Wordle and then went for the Quordle. First answer correct on that on row 3 with one other word looking really odd with no obvious possibilities. Stared at that for a while and pretty sure that the last two letters are going to have to be that and that, but still can't think of what words fit that. Started on the Octordle but ground to a halt there as well so back to the Quordle. And then it happens. I tend to listen to music when doing these and tonight was an old concert from a favourite band. And they're doing a song where a word gets repeated. A 5 letter word. And then it manages to leap from the music part of my brain to the Wordle part of my brain that... hang on.... that fits. And of course it's correct! Lovely!

The rest was less spectacular. Ended Quordle with a 3, 4 (thanks guys), 6, 8 for 21 and then Octordle came out as a 62 after choosing various wrong options. So total of 87.

I started them in the early hours of the mornikng but gave up after getting stuck three words in on Octordle. Though of a word which although wrong helped to reach a decent conclusion.

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 23 (4, 5, 8, 6)
Octordle in 12 for 58

Total Score 85!

Not my best score by a long way, but I'll take that as a good story instead.

Started with a 4 on Wordle and then went for the Quordle. First answer correct on that on row 3 with one other word looking really odd with no obvious possibilities. Stared at that for a while and pretty sure that the last two letters are going to have to be that and that, but still can't think of what words fit that. Started on the Octordle but ground to a halt there as well so back to the Quordle. And then it happens. I tend to listen to music when doing these and tonight was an old concert from a favourite band. And they're doing a song where a word gets repeated. A 5 letter word. And then it manages to leap from the music part of my brain to the Wordle part of my brain that... hang on.... that fits. And of course it's correct! Lovely!

The rest was less spectacular. Ended Quordle with a 3, 4 (thanks guys), 6, 8 for 21 and then Octordle came out as a 62 after choosing various wrong options. So total of 87.

What is the song @Rob Oldfield ? I am coming up with songs like Angie, Venus, Relax Diana, Honey and Ernie!

Well, as the usual suspects have put in today's results, think I can get away with saying....

That is pretty bizarre for that particular word to be in a song to start with let alone to be listening to it when you were struggling with that particular word in the puzzles. I thought it was perhaps going to be a song with Alibi in it, which was the word I struggled with in Quordle for quite a while yesterday before I had a light bulb moment.... without the aid of a song in my case.

Anyway, on to today's puzzles and whilst I am not sure I had much luck in the sense that there were at least 3 words where I had 2 choices and selected the wrong one first each time, I certainly did better than yesterday though...

Wordle in 3
Quordle 7 4 5 3 = 19
Octordle for 61

Gives me a total of 83

Weekly Challenge with VOTER was 6 8 3 5 for 22

Usual plod.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 5,6,7,4 = 22
Octordle in 66
Total 91

Failed the weekly! Too many bad choices for the start of one word, and then a final hiccup that I won’t reveal til everyone’s done it.

I started this morning but after getting my first 3 words in Octordle (Guesses 3 - 5) got stuck and left it. Each game had seemed more difficult that the one before and so it proved. Came back a lot later but went to the wire!

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8 for 22 (8, 6, 3, 5)
Octordle to the wire for 70

Total Score 95!

Last edited:
I started this morning but after getting my first 3 words in Octordle (Guesses 3 - 5) got stuck and left it. Each game had seemed more difficult that the one before and so it proved. Came back a lot later but went to the wire!

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8 for 22 (8, 6, 3, 5)
Octordle to the wire for 70

Total Score 85!
Arithmetic! I make that 95? Get thee behind me, Mikey!

Tried the Weekly Challenge before bed as early doors Podiatry tomorrow.

Weekly Challenge to the wire for 26:(4, 5, 9, 8)

Busy all this week making sure our last MP doesn't get to return to the job, but some late night Wordling still possible. First off tried the weekly and ended with a 4, 6, 7, 3 for 20.

Back