Wordle - Quordle Thread

Bad start with a 6 for Wordle and he gradually got slightly better (as the painkillers came in).

Wordle to the wire for 6
Quordle in 8 for 23 (7, 3, 5, 8)
Octordle in 11 for 59

Total Score (two fat ladies) 88!

Failed Quordle yesterday and stopped there.
Wordle in 5 this morning, will be in a wifi wasteland all day, so may not get round to more.

Failed Quordle yesterday and stopped there.
Wordle in 5 this morning, will be in a wifi wasteland all day, so may not get round to more.

And for you:

Now need to choose something for @rebrascora

Well, after 2 days on the trot of flunking, I managed to scrape through them all today but with a cricket score...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 4 7 5 8 = 24
Octordle for 72

Makes a total of a straight century

@MikeyBikey Don't waste your time on choosing something for me as the speakers on my computer have broken and as a result I have no sound and can't listen..... Oops! Too late!

Average to poor tonight as played more as a distraction than to win! Started well in Quordle then too many missing letters and options!

Wordle in 5
Quordle to the wire for 21 (4, 3, 5, 9)
Octordle to the wire for 66

Total Score 92! Will anybody snatch the Spoon of Wood? :rofl:

That would be me Mikey....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 6 3 8 = 24
Octordle for 68

Gives me a spoon claiming 96

@Robin I am confessing now to having abandoned "hard mode" in Wordle today as after just 2 lives I had 4 letters, 3 of them green and despite that there were still 6 options and just 4 lives left, so I used an elimination word to discount 3 and then got lucky on my 4th life. I think there may be Wordle casualties today!

Wordle in 4 and consider myself extremely jammy to get it although there was a lot of brain power too.
Quordle 2 5 4 8 = 19
Octordle to the wire after a good start (I used up all my luck in Wordle) for 63

Gives me what I believe may be a reasonably competitive total of 86.

I will also confess to having had a couple of practice Octordles with DRIVE prior to attempting the Quordle Weekly Challenge and my dedication paid off....

Weekly Quordle Challenge 55
3️⃣5️⃣
6️⃣4️⃣ Which gives me 18.

Last edited:
Unfortunately distraction Wordling again! Blow Hard Mide Wordle was Bl**dy Hard! A good Quordle but a stupid error helped me get the Spoon of Wood by upp'ing my score by 8!

Wordle in 6
Quordle in 6 for 18 (3, 4, 5, 6) - looks like a Sequence!
Octordle in 12 for 68!

Total Score 92! Which should have been an 84! :(

Shall I try the Weekly Challenge Weakly?

@Robin I am confessing now to having abandoned "hard mode" in Wordle today as after just 2 lives I had 4 letters, 3 of them green and despite that there were still 6 options and just 4 lives left, so I used an elimination word to discount 3 and then got lucky on my 4th life. I think there may be Wordle casualties today!
Just did Wordle in 3, was lucky with my second word, and luckier with my third.
May not have time for the others, there are mountains out there to be climbed.(literally, not metaphorically, I’m in the Dolomites).

Good day for me. Started off with Quordle and an early bit of luck let me get a 5, 3, 4, 6 for 18. Octordle next came through with a bit of deja vu and a 52. Last was Wordle where I was also worried about the number of options but managed to get lucky with my choice for a 3. Total of 73.

First on parade today after another bout of Phantom Pain! Had real issues getting traction in both Wordle and Octordle

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 7 for 22 (5, 6, 7, 4)
Octordle in 12 for 68

Total Score 95! May be beaten to the Spoon of Wood! :rofl:

Fear not @MikeyBikey. I will relieve you of that honour.....

Wordle = DNF
Quordle 8 7 6 4 = 25
Octordle for 53

Started with a 5 on Wordle when the last of 3 options turned out to be the correct choice, then a nice 3, 6, 5, 4 for 18 (with some more deja vu!) on Quordle, and a 60 on Octordle. Total of 83.

Back