Wordle - Quordle Thread

Occasionally I have a flash of brilliance and everything falls into place. Today was not one of those times, but I did manage to finish them all.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7,8,5,4 = 24
Octordle in 64
Total 92

Despite some odd words I got through but only with a Mikey-in-the-Middle performance! 🙄

Wordle in 4
Quordle to the wire for 24 (9, 4, 5, 6)
Octordle to the wire for 62 (fortunately scored early with 3, 4, 5)

Total Score 90!

After a flying start it was downhill all the way! Can I blame lack of sleep? :rofl:

Wordle in 2
Quordle in 8 for 25 (6, 4, 7, 8)
Octordle to the wire for 67

Total Score 94!

Well, I am confused. I did these puzzles before bed and was pretty sure I completed them all, but I didn't note down the results apart from remembering that I took Wordle to the wire. So I went back to Quordle and got the result for that and then went to Octordle only to find it blank and ready to start! I was pretty sure I had completed it in the early hours, but started it again in my usual way and the results from my first word looked vaguely familiar but they didn't give me enough to remember the words so I put my second starter word in and some looked familiar but others didn't. I went through the puzzle and I feel like some of the words were the same as they were before bed but most were different. I am wondering if I just dreamed doing Octordle and in fact I was too tired and went to bed but usually it saves however far I have got and then I can finish it later, not start from scratch again.... which might give me somewhat of an advantage if I actually remembered correctly from 1am which clearly I didn't. 🙄 Very odd!

Wordle to the wire for 6
Quordle 3 7 4 6 = 20
Octordle for 62

Gives me a dubious total of 88

Failed Quordle! Used up several lives getting one letter wrong on early words, and was left with 2 goes and 3 possibilities, and you’ve guessed it….
Wordle in 3
Octordle in 61

Starting Sunday off with a little bit better result for me.....

Wordle in 3
Quordle 4 8 3 7 = 22
Octordle for 61

Gives a total of 86

Some tricky ones in there today but managed to get through with a decent score. Worst one to kick off with was a 5 on Wordle, but followed that with a 3, 7, 5, 6 for 21 on Quordle, and a 52 on Octordle. Comes out to a total of 78.

Usual stuff from me. I refuse to describe it as Mediocre, maybe Happy Medium sounds more positive.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 5,8,4,6 = 23
Octordle in 62
Total 89
Looking at the detail, I scored exactly one more in each than @rebrascora

Well I am back to cricket scores....

Wordle in 5
Quordle 8 5 6 7 = 26
Octordle for 71

Total for Monday is 102

Do we have a starter word for the Weekly Challenge please? Not sure whose pick it is but I know it isn't mine.... I never get to choose it, cos I'm always rubbish at it! 🙄

I think the choice for weekly is mine. Continuing my feathered friend theme from a couple of weeks back let's go with HOUSE as I saw this happening yesterday.

Weekly Challenge with HOUSE gave me 3 7 4 8 = 22 which puts me in "Mikey in the Middle" position!

Waiting for Patient Transport after Podiatry. Made a start and deciding whether to do Weekly Challenge or Octordle next. Be funny if MOUSE is in the Weekly! :rofl:

Wordle in 4
Quordle to the wire for 25 (5, 7, 9, 4)

Running Total 29! 55 or less needed for the win unless @littlevoice359 waiting in the wings?

Waiting for Patient Transport after Podiatry. Made a start and deciding whether to do Weekly Challenge or Octordle next. Be funny if MOUSE is in the Weekly! :rofl:

Wordle in 4
Quordle to the wire for 25 (5, 7, 9, 4)

Running Total 29! 55 or less needed for the win unless @littlevoice359 waiting in the wings?

Can't beat @Rob Oldfield now so target is @Robin! Here we go - focus, focus...

Octordle in 12 for 62

Grand Total 91! Which firmly makes me Mikey in the Middle! :rofl:

Last edited:
Looks like I will be in my usual last place again today unless someone has a total disaster and I am not wishing that on anyone!

Wordle in 5
Qurodle 9 6 5 4 = 24
Octordle for 63

Giving me a total of ten less than yesterday at 92 so I guess that is a reasonable improvement.

Back