Wordle - Quordle Thread

A mixed bag of results. An average Wordle, a poor Quordle and a decent Octordle m Might you I did Quordle and Octordle either side of my dressing appointment.

Wordle in 4
Quordle to the wire for 28 (5, 8, 6, 9)
Octordle in 11 for 54

Total Score 86! I just didn't get any useful letters initially in Quordle! :(

Reclaiming my Wooden spoon from Mikey today after a few days or above par readings....#

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 5 7 3 8 = 23 after getting nothing in any of the words from my starting word.... That is a first....kept hitting send because I thought the page must have jammed... until I realised I genuinely had nothing at all.
Octordle for 66

Total looks like 92 for me.

Walked along to the GP surgery to get Ian's medication and on the path out the back of the surgery on some scrub land I came across a young hedgehog standing shaking and wet in the long grass next to the path. When I came back half an hour later he was still there and clearly something was up. Put my hand down to tickle his chin fully expecting him to curl into a ball, but instead he slowly clambered onto my hand and bare arm and settled down, I am guessing for the warmth. Decided that he was going to have to come home for some TLC as clearly struggling and shouldn't be out in the open at that time of day, so I now have a house guest who has been fed (cat food) and watered and is snuggled in an old fleece in a cardboard box. Doesn't seem to be injured but wondering if he may be blind and also wondering if he has been rescued and handled before as very friendly and at ease with being handled and knows all about cat food!

Many thanks for that Rob. It may prove useful if he doesn't pick up in the next couple of days.
I have now added underfloor heating to his cardboard box in the form of a hot water bottle, as he was still feeling the cold and snuggling my hand when I put it in the box and his little feet were cold..... Gosh! They have such cute little feet! Been checking to make sure it isn't too hot, but it is under the cardboard box which is also lined with newspaper so just supplying very gentle warmth.

Late on parade, had a pony to ride first. It was quite chilly when I set out, so I wore a fleece gilet under my reflective vest, and the sun came out half way round and I was boiling!
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 5,7,9,6 = 27
Octordle in 59
Total 89

Decent Quordle but to the wire on the others. Mind just not into it after an appalling week

Wordle in 6
Quordle in 7 for 22 (4, 6, 7, 5)
Quordle to the wire for 68

Total Score 96! A misfiring ton-up boy! :rofl:

Last edited:
Very mediocre for me again....

Wordle for 4
Quordle 7 8 5 3 = 23
Octordle for 60

Total of 87

Horrible Quordle to start with where I really took my eye off the ball - a 9, 8, 5, 7 for 29, then a 5 on Wordle which I'll forgive myself for as a tricky one, and ending with some return to form with a 52 on Octordle. Totals to 86.

@rebrascora How's the little spiky one?

Average to poor today! Went the wrong way on a Wordle 50/50 Both Quordle and Octordle started well till I ran put of letters!

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8 for 24 (7, 5, 8, 4)
Octordle in 12 for 60

Total Score 89!

My mediocre score today isn't looking so bad after all .....

Wordle in 4 despite making a mistake
Quordle 5 8 7 3 = 23 for the third day in a row...
Octordle for 54

Makes for a total of 81

Worried about Horace. He isn't eating/drinking enough and it looks like his initial friendliness was because he was just very cold and wet as I suspected. He now just curls into a ball when I reach in, so I can't dip his nose in water to encourage him to drink or anything. I hear him crunching the cat food after I put it in, but he is eating very little of it, judging by what is left. Not sure if the helpline is open today but going to give it a call. Thinking of putting him out in the garden as I am guessing he is stressed being confined to a cardboard box, so may need to knock together a little enclosure for him. It's not helping that my back has gone into spasm and I am struggling to to anything much. Just feeding and mucking out 4 horses is taking me the best part of a day!

Somewhere in the middle for me, I think.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 4,7,6,3 = 20
Octordle in 59
Total 84

I wonder if @littlevoice359 is going to join us this morning and steal my thunder, since I am currently in the lead! 🙄
Oh and less of the "care" emojis please I would much prefer gold stars :D .... although I appreciate the "cares" are likely for Horace rather than me! 😉

That quick change to a star put a smile on my face Mikey. Love it! :D

Back