Wordle - Quordle Thread

Pleased to report that so far he is OK and thinking/hoping we are out of the woods. Dragged him out for a long walk in hand this afternoon to help keep things moving in his gut. If it had been Reb he would be goosed as he is really prone to colic, but then Rebel would not have broken into the feed room in the first place because he knows it is naughty. Got some of the carnage cleared up. Managed to bash the galvanised metal feed bin lid back into shape with a hammer so that it is rodent proof again and been to the feed store to replace feed, plus I have put another catch on the door so that if he managed to fiddle and get one undone, he won't manage the second one..... famous last words 🙄 ..... we are talking Rascal here!
He has been a trouble maker from the day he was born! So lucky that he doesn't panic when he gets into mischief and gets stuck though. He just waits patiently for me to find him and get him out of the tight spot he got himself into. The feed room is up two big steps and through a narrow door which doesn't open fully and is at an awkward angle and then there isn't really room to turn around for a big horse like him, so I had to back him up and round at an angle and then back down the steps into the stable again, standing on all sorts of things that were cracking and breaking under his feet which would really upset some horses but thankfully not him.

I had a vision of him being winched through the roof and saying "Look mum, I can fly!"

BgzUK8mCUAAzOR5~2.jpg

Going to give these puzzles a rest for a while. Check back with you all in a few weeks.

So glad he’s Ok, hope it continues. I have a mental picture of a sweet little foal being born, and you having a glimpse into the future and thinking, Hmm, I think Rascal would be a good name…:rofl:
He was never sweet.... more cute, bold and always mischievous. I can remember at 3 days old, I would be trying to catch Rebel who was a yearling at the time and very wary of people and being caught, and I would spend ages trying to get near him with a halter and Rascal would constantly be in the way and he would grab and pull the halter just as I was trying to quietly put it around Reb's neck and I would be left with Rascal standing there chewing it whilst Reb escaped and I would have to pull it out of his mouth and start trying to catch Rebel again. If you pushed him away he would just wobble and then come back at you like a Weeble, which was endearing but not when you wanted to catch his brother rather than him and had limited time. He would also nuzzle and be really cute and then give you a nasty nip when you least expected it.... and he still does that to this day!

Anyway, pleased to report he has survived the night in rude health and my additional security measures prevented a further breach although there are signs he had made an attempt!

Results for today...

Wordle in 4
Qurodle 5 2 9 7 = 23
Octordle for 59

So a total of 86

Kicked off with the Octordle today for a 53, then a 5 on Wordle, before definitely confirming my luck has run out with a streak of wrong guesses on Quordle for a 7, 5, 9, 3 for 24. Total of 82.

Made a good start but was slow off the mark with Octordle and puzzled for quite a while on the last few words as nothing seemed to fit!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7 for 22 (7, 6, 5, 4)
Octordle in 11 for 60

Total Score 86!

Not too bad for me today but some unusual words...

Wordle in 3
Quordle 6 7 3 8 = 24
Octordle for 60

Tucked in right behind Mikey with 87.

I sat on Wordle and my last two words in Octordle for ages! If they start getting to obscure I might limit myself to Wordle only! :(
Says the man who comes up with the most obscure starter words imaginable for the Weekly Challenge!

Completed them tonight as won't have time in the morning because we are hosting a British (horse) Driving Society event tomorrow and then I am out to see Johannes (from Strictly) perform his dance show in Newcastle tomorrow night, so I won't have a moment to spare.

Pretty decent score for me for once although Wordle let me down as so many options. Was tempted to forsake hard mode but stuck with it in the end mostly because I couldn't think of a suitable elimination word which would make losing a life worthwhile. I had 5 options and 4 lives and took it to the wire.

Wordle in 6
Quordle 5 3 6 4 = 18
Octordle for 52

Makes a total of 76..... Gosh! I see I have even managed to beat Rob today who has posted whilst I was typing. Must make a note of that in my diary as a red letter day!!

Had a good Quordle, which is the most that can be said for today’s effort. Struggled with too many options, like everyone else, on Wordle, started Octordle too confidently and anagramised a word early on.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 4,6,5,3 = 18
Octordle in 67
Total 90

Back