Wordle - Quordle Thread

I was quite pleased with my effort this morning..... but only by my standards! 🙄 Did well in Wordle and Quordle and then used up far too many lives in the early stages of Octordle but then clawed it back a bit towards the end and luck was with me a few times when I had 2 choices and opted for the correct one first for a change....

Wordle for 3
Quordle 4 5 3 7 = 19
)ctordle for 65

Total for the day is 87

Weekly challenge with RAINY (which we have had before but who cares) 5 8 3 7 = 23

Well, I have made a start but can't access Octordle at the moment, for some reason. :confused:

Wordle in 4
Quordle 4 6 8 3 = 21

No problems accessing Octordle this morning but after leveling on Wordle and Quordle it all went wrong!

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 7 for 22 (4, 7, 6, 5)
Octordle to the wire for 65

Total Score 90!

Last edited:
Well that was all quite ugly with tricky words all over the place. Might have been better if Octordle had stayed out of action!

A 4 on Wordle, then a 4, 6, 8, 3 for a Quordle 21, and ending with a 67 on Octordle for a total of 92.

Pretty dismal result here too. Grand total 95.

Attachments

• IMG_2250.jpeg
    IMG_2250.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 5
Well, I still can't access Octordle. Maybe it is just too hard for my PC today let alone me, seeing as the rest of you have struggled with it. I get the normal black background screen of Octordle and it says "loading" in the centre but then it doesn't manage to do so!

Well, I still can't access Octordle. Maybe it is just too hard for my PC today let alone me, seeing as the rest of you have struggled with it. I get the normal black background screen of Octordle and it says "loading" in the centre but then it doesn't manage to do so!

Have you tried rebooting in case memory leaks have eaten away at memory? Constant Library Signal Loss seems to eat at it!

Have you tried rebooting in case memory leaks have eaten away at memory? Constant Library Signal Loss seems to eat at it!

Thanks Mikey. Well, I turned my computer off and back on if that is what you mean and had the same problem. I then did a bing search and clicked on Octordle but my selection came up in the old grid format rather than the new one which gives me a page with the options of Daily/Practice/Sequence and Rescue etc before my selection takes me to the puzzle. It was Daily Puzzle number 0841 and I got 67 but it didn't give me the total (that I could see) as not used to that old format, so I had to total it up myself. Really not sure I was playing the same game as everyone else..... can someone confirm please?
Anyway, that gives me a total of 92

I didn't find any of the answers in Octordle particularly challenging but had bad luck when I had 2 choices.
Had a whopper of a hypo this morning after a bit of a midnight binge with LOTS of insulin to accompany it right before heading off to sleep. I woke up to 19 at 6am (had fully expected to be hypo not hyper) and then jabbed a very large correction plus my Levemir. The correction was probably 1.5units too much with hindsight 🙄 but went back to sleep. I woke up 2.5 hours later hot and sweaty and desperately thirsty and got straight up to get a drink and then went into the bathroom and got stuck trying to tie my hair up which is a very simple task of course. Spent ages getting hot and bothered and frustrated and of course sweating from the hypo before it dawned on me that I was hypo and that was why my simple task had become impossible and went back to the bedroom to check my phone and get some JBs. Interestingly, my solution to the hair problem was to cut it off before I realised I was hypo and I keep my hair cutting scissors in the bathroom. 😱

. It was Daily Puzzle number 0841 and I got 67 but it didn't give me the total (that I could see) as not used to that old format, so I had to total it up myself. Really not sure I was playing the same game as everyone else..... can someone confirm please?
Mine said #841, and it had what I thought were some odd words, though we have had them before, don’t want to give anything too much away,
Taffy and Cacao

Realised I could just hide them.

@Robin.... Those words were NOT in my puzzle but really odd that it was the same puzzle number! I wonder if my hypo has transported me to an alternative universe??

@Robin.... Those words were NOT in my puzzle but really odd that it was the same puzzle number! I wonder if my hypo has transported me to an alternative universe??
Quite possibly! I wouldn’t put anything past what a hypo can do!
I just had a Google and came across another site, Octordlegame.io. Was that it? It had a puzzle of the same number, but the grid was very difficult to read, and it didn’t total the score,I wonder if it’s a copycat site.
The usual Octordle I do is on Britannica.com

Back