Wordle - Quordle Thread

Not a great start to the week so am sleeping on Octordle as both Wordle and Quordle went to the wire:

Wordle in 6
Quordle to the wire for 26 (4, 9, 7, 6)

Running Total 32!

Did rather better on Octordle!

Octordle in 11 for 56.

Total Score - Two Fat Ladies 88!

Now for the CHOREs! :rofl:

A close shave for Wordle, and needed a bit of luck, had four correctly placed letters at go 2, and took me all the remaining rows to get the missing letter correct, and I had more possibilities than rows left!
Wordle in 6
Quordle in 4,5,7,8 = 24
Octordle in 60
Total 90

Weekly challenge with Chore 7,8,6,5 = 26

Freakishly good luck (except in Wordle) gives me a pretty decent grand total of 65. May be a new personal best - honestly can’t remember.

Attachments

• IMG_2227.jpeg
    IMG_2227.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 5
Score of 25 here for the weekly challenge (starter word CHORE).

Attachments

• IMG_2228.jpeg
    IMG_2228.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2
I went the opposite of @littlevoice359 (fantastic result by the way!!) and went for max score....I even abandoned hard mode in Wordle because I had far to many options at line 4 and knew I couldn't rely on lady luck. Well done @Robin for sticking with hard mode.

Wordle in 5
Quordle 4 5 7 8 = 24
Octordle for 73

Total of 102

Weekly Challenge with CHORE 9 6 3 7 =25

Sadly a return to normal today, with a disappointing total of 94, including a DNF for Octordle. Oh well, such is life…

Attachments

• IMG_2234.jpeg
    IMG_2234.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1
Going for a high score today, just sneaked home in both Quordle and Octordle. Having had a close shave on Q, I played O very conservatively, but still made a mistake in the middle by using an already discarded letter, so it set me back even further.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 9,4,8,7 = 28
Octordle in 71
Total 103

Another high scoring game for me..... if only high scores were winners. (sigh!) Anyway, I managed to scrape through all 3, but only just...

Wordle in 5
Quordle 8 9 6 5 = 28
Octordle for 62

Total for the day... 95

What a difference a day makes! Twenty four little hours....

Or maybe it is the starter word and a dash of luck!

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8m for 23 (7, 5, 3, 8)
Octordle in 11 for 57 - a Heinz!

Total Score 83! So instead of going for the Spoon f Wood I am, like with the Weekly Challenge yesterday, snapping on the heels of Mr. Wordle (@Rob Oldfield ) himself!

Starting the day off as I end the day and head to bed....

Wordle in 5
Quordle 5 3 7 6 =21
Octordle for 55

Makes a reasonable (but really good for me 😎) total of 81

Made a start and finished Quordle (struggled) when I got to Podiatry. So far:

Wordle in 3
Quordle to the wire for 25 (8, 5, 9, 3)

Running Total 28! A 52 would give me 80 although if the first two words were my starter words a 36 could be on the cards... :rofl:

A lot of head scratching on Wordle, but got there in the end, decent Quordle, but I'd run out of brain cells by then, so managed to fail Octordle by not concentrating and jumping in with one-letter-out words the whole way through.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 6,3,4,7

Made a start and finished Quordle (struggled) when I got to Podiatry. So far:

Wordle in 3
Quordle to the wire for 25 (8, 5, 9, 3)

Running Total 28! A 52 would give me 80 although if the first two words were my starter words a 36 could be on the cards... :rofl:

Not in a good mindset as lost the big toe nail despite it looking slightly better. Hopefully more a result of damp than circulation. Will try and keep Wordle games going but may only do Wordle as current streak 195!

Octordle in 11 for 57 (another Heinz)!

Total Score 85! Slotting twixt @rebrascora and @littlevoice359 but happy with that!

Last edited:
Difficult ones today. After three words on Wordle had four possibles that I could think of and took a while to come up with an elimination word that would guarantee completion. Ended up with a 5. Quordle started off hitting very few letters but managed to get it under control for an 8, 7, 5, 4 24. Octordle was smoother with just the last word misbehaving for a 54. Total of 83.

Yes, I struggled today too.... but then I do most days. Sadly after scrapting through wordle and Quordle, I tanked Octordle big style...

Wordle for 5
Quordle 8 7 5 6 = 26
Octordle a DNF with a trio of XXXs 😱

Back