Wordle - Quordle Thread

Remember in the beginning when Wordle first came out and Colin got us all addicted, I spent days looking for a puzzle called "Wordie" instead, which to me seemed like a very logical name, but of course couldn't find anything
There were so many spin-offs and such, I’m not surprised. I still have to do Globle competitively with my son, because he keeps my nose to the grindstone, and I still do Waffle for my own amusement.

There were so many spin-offs and such, I’m not surprised. I still have to do Globle competitively with my son, because he keeps my nose to the grindstone, and I still do Waffle for my own amusement.
Ooh! Never heard of either of those and maybe I shouldn't look.... now tempted though! There are probably not enough hours in the day....
I seem to have become addicted to Squaredle which I find really challenging and time consuming and rarely succeed at (today's is particularly tough) whereas, at least the 3 we play at here on this thread are relatively quick and I can waltz through them all in less than half an hour most days.

Middle-of-the-road result for me. Was hoping for a better Octordle score, but just made 2 poor guesses. Still, finished all three, so I'll count that as a win.

Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 10.27.43.png

Wordle in 4
Quordle 8 6 7 4
Octordle was a struggle again, with the 5th one this time. Waltzed through everything else in the early hours no problem and had 4 letters but just couldn't make sense of putting them in any sort of order. to form an intelligible word Had to come back to it today. I think it might have helped if I was pronouncing it correctly in my head 🙄 I ended up looking up the word and then realized that I did of course know it, although not a word you often encounter unless you are into classical music and don't try to pronounce it with 2 obvious syllables as I was trying to do, making it sound like some sort of martial art/party food fusion word!! .... Doh! Told you guys I was a bit slow!
Anyway, final score was a pathetic 69 but at least I scraped home with my final life, so not a total failure.

Just rattled through all 3 in under 15mins...
OK... Wordle not great as it took me 5.
Quordle 4 7 6 5
Octordle with 2 lives left and a reasonable score of 59.

Off to bed now. Night night!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 5,9,4,3, I was playing a blinder until I got stuck on the last,
Octordle in 68, got a couple of near misses on the way that wasted a couple of lines.

Pretty dismal 6 in Wordle for me. Same Quordle score as @Robin. Didn't get to Octordle yet and may give it a miss altogether today as my brain seems to be a little bit sluggish.

Well yesterday got bogged down in Quordle and left it for most of the day. Came back and tackled Octordle in 11 and 60 points before resuming Quordle where I had both luck and inspiration not to fall off the end! 🙂

Screenshot_20221206_080253.jpg

Screenshot_20221206_080809.jpg

Screenshot_20221206_080935.jpg

Just a summary for the time being!

Wordle in 3.

Quordle in 9, 7, 6, 5

Octordle in 13 with 67 points

Top left and top right in Quordle and Octordle respectively were tricky with far too many options!

Very poor result for me earlier this morning....
Wordle in 5 and consider myself lucky not to fail as there were 2 more options but I went for the right one.
Quordle in 8 and Octordle on my last life with a score of 65

Wordle in 4, cross because I thought of the word early on, but decided to eliminate some common consonants first.
Failed Quordle, started too well and ran out of steam.
Octordle in 57 with two spare guesses, one of my better efforts.

Last edited:
Very mediocre all round today for me, though I did finish all three, so not a total disaster..
Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 12.13.59.png

Wordle in 3 last night (early this morning) which I was extremely lucky with as I got nothing with my first try and one gold vowel with my second, so complete and utter fluke to get it with my third attempt.

Quordle in 8

Octordle with a reasonably decent score of 60 and 2 lives left.

Wordle in 4 although it initially kept telling me that I wasn't "connected" but lI was able to play Quordle with no problem apart from failing miserably at it. Bottom left had too many options and I insisted on trying the wrong ones 🙄 until I ran out of lives. A rare fail for me.
Octordle with a score of 62.

Wordle in 2 today! A lucky second go, as I had another couple of words up my sleeve,
Then my luck ran out and I failed Quordle, I got too many options on the bottom left as well, @rebrascora, I must have gone through nearly every remaining consonant.
Then I redeemed myself with Octordle in 58.

Back