Wordle - Quordle Thread

Wordle in 3 and Quordle in 8 both completed last night but got stuck on 2 in Octordle.
Finished it this morning with a very mediocre score of 66 on my last life. Phew!

Mediocre result from these two, so I'l leave Octordle until later in the day when hopefully I'm a little more awake...
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 08.33.55.png

5 for Wordle, I got all but one letter correct on go 3, then had another unlucky guess.
Scraped home on Quordle. Is one of them even a real word? And if so, do you really spell it like that?
Failed Octordle, I blame daughter arriving in the middle. She’s parking on our drive while she goes to the dentist just down the road, but arrived early having allowed extra time for the fog, so I broke off to have a chat with her.

I think the word that confused you (and me) is another American spelling. Certainly the term itself is more widely used on the other side of the ocean..

I struggled desperately this morning..... maybe I am more alert in the early hours!
Anyway, Wordle in 4 after getting 0 with my first word and 2 gold with my second.
Then scraped Quordle on the last life and totally agree with you @Robin. I can only assume it is slang.
Again with Octordle, I just scraped it on my final life with a whopping score of 73!

Not my best effort :(

Late declaration for yesterday. Struggling with hypo-head I got Wordle in 5 and Quordle in all 9, and srsrted and abandoned Octordle after 3 lines of not very much! 🙂(

Screenshot_20221202_082850.jpg

Screenshot_20221202_082801.jpg

Well I did todays puzzles before bed and had a very poor run...
Wordle in 5, Quordle and Octordle on the last life with a score of 68 for the latter.

A Horr-ordle day today and not sure why? Wordle in 5, and Quordle and Octordle to the wire with a poor Octordle score of 72 but should be happy 🙂 I completed them! :(

Screenshot_20221203_085243.jpg

Screenshot_20221203_085203.jpg

Screenshot_20221203_085120.jpg

Not a great morning's attempt here either, though I was happy to get through all three unscathed.
Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 09.40.21.png

Wordle in 3 today which I was very happy with. A bit of divine inspiration again!
Quordle in 8
I got most of the way through Octordle in the early hours but left it and went to bed because the 8th word just wasn't playing...Struggled desperately twice with the 8th word this morning but with 2 lives left I ended up sacrificing one of them in order to get it. I really didn't think that word was spelled like that, even though I had the word in my mind. Anyway, despite taking it down to the last attempt, I got a rather better score than I expected of 63

Last edited:
Wordle in 4
Quordle in an OK 8,5,3,6
Octordle in 68, though I did have a life left. I thought I was doing better, but had a slow start, so only started solving words half way down.

. I really didn't think that word was spelled like that, even though I had the word in my mind
Was that the bottom right hand corner? There are two words, one spelt the way you probably thought, and one with a different meaning spelt the way the answer had it.

Was that the bottom right hand corner? There are two words, one spelt the way you probably thought, and one with a different meaning spelt the way the answer had it.
Yes, I discovered that when I looked it up in the dictionary. I was thinking of the tool version.... being a practical sort of person 🙄 . I knew of the other more ancient meaning but didn't realize it was spelt differently.

Wordle in 4
Quordle in an OK 8,5,3,6
Octordle in 68, though I did have a life left. I thought I was doing better, but had a slow start, so only started solving words half way down.
You see, I don't understand how I can score so much lower than you when I used up all my lives! It doesn't make sense.

You see, I don't understand how I can score so much lower than you when I used up all my lives! It doesn't make sense.
It adds up all the scores for when you solved the words. I only solved my first one on the 5th go, then went 6,7,8,9,10,11,12. Adding them all together comes to 68. You must have solved some more quickly to start with, bringing your added up scores to a lower total.

It adds up all the scores for when you solved the words. I only solved my first one on the 5th go, then went 6,7,8,9,10,11,12. Adding them all together comes to 68. You must have solved some more quickly to start with, bringing your added up scores to a lower total.
Ah! thanks for that. Not sure why I didn't pick that up sooner. 🙄

I think I thought it had something to do with the number of letters it took you to get each word, so obviously if you only had 2 letters and you got the word you did a better job (or were luckier🙄) than if you had all 5 letters but in the wrong order. I didn't actually try to count them up to check but was starting to feel like it didn't quite add up.

I can be a bit "slow!" to catch on sometimes 😳.... Remember in the beginning when Wordle first came out and Colin got us all addicted, I spent days looking for a puzzle called "Wordie" instead, which to me seemed like a very logical name, but of course couldn't find anything.

Back