Wordle - Quordle Thread

Started off brilliantly and then went down hill but scraped through by the skin of my teeth and probably a spoon winning score....

Wordle in 2
Quordle to the wire for a maximum score 6 7 8 9 = 30
Octordle for 68

That scores me a century for today.

Thankfully I did a bit better on the weekly challenge with a 6 3 5 8 = 22

You can't split us on the weekly - same score but order solved different with same numbers! :rofl:

Oh dear! It's a fail for me today after taking my eye off the ball. Started well enough with a 3 on Wordle and a 3, 5, 6, 7 for 21 on Quordle, but all went horribly wrong on Octordle. Left with a 50/50 on the last line and got it wrong so no score for me.

Weekly I did better as my second word did a good job of filling in the gaps. That came out as a 4, 6, 3, 7 for 20.

Nightmare start. Had to reboot phone half-way through Wordle as lost WiFi and Libre needed multiple scans. Thenjust scraped in my luck with 6!

Wordle to the wire for 6!

I went one better than you Mikey on the disaster front and bombed out of Wordle, breaking a very long run of over 300, scraped through Quordle and then double bombed out on Octordle. I really should not have attempted them as tired and not at all focused, so I am heading off to bed in the huff with myself. 😡

Nooo! I was doing so well, then ended up with two lives left and three possible starting letters for the last word on Octordle. And needless to say, I picked the wrong ones first.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 3,4,5,6 = 18

Nooo! I was doing so well, then ended up with two lives left and three possible starting letters for the last word on Octordle. And needless to say, I picked the wrong ones first.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 3,4,5,6 = 18
Never fear, you are not in spoon position by any means. When I do badly, I do it well and I am currently on an impressive roll of badly!!

Wordle in 3
Quordle 9 6 8 X
Octordle I DNF'd again with a double X. I was a bit like a bull in a china shop! 🙄

After sleeping on it is got my first Quordle word after three goes but then bogged down (edited as stressed out earlier). Just cannot focus as waiting for podiatry (two days late for weekly dressing change);and it feels uncomfortable increasing my mental overload! Really frustrating as five months ago it had nearly healed and then I got the two bacterial infections. Sure they originated from a clinic!

Last edited:
Need to be asleep because early start in the morning but phantom pain keeping me awake. Anyway average Wordle, poor Quordle and excellent Octordle.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 23 (7, 8, 6, 5)
Octordle in 10 for 52

Total Score 79! But Quordle has probably cost me the win! :(

Funnily enough I was the opposite, I had a good Quordle, then scraped Octordle after getting bogged down in the middle.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 5,6,3,4 = 18
Octordle in 75
Total 97

I think it often comes down to your first couple of words in any game. In Quordle I was lacking in letters leaving numerous options whereas in Octordle I was about 80% confident on attempt 3 with each word giving me a useful letter for another but a straight run like this morning is quite rare!

Still waiting for transport!

Well, as per my usual inconsistency, I have gone from several complete disasters for the wooden spoon position to sheer brilliance 😎 (if I say so myself 🙄) and the gold star position (Sorry Rob but having awarded it to you half an hour ago I am snatching it back) .... but never fear, I will no doubt be back to my usual wooden spoon tomorrow again and you can have the star back!

Wordle in 3
Quordle 6 7 4 2 = 19
Octordle 8 9 7 11 6 5 3 2 = 51 My starter word definitely gave me a flying start today but lost it a bit right at the end when I had 2 choices for the final word and went with the wrong one first, so result could have been significantly better still with more luck.

Total for the day = 73

Back