Wordle - Quordle Thread

.....despite getting my first word correct in 2 (guess which one!).
I can't possibly imagine!

Pretty good day for me, going in reverse order as I spent ages trying to think of words that could possibly fit on Wordle. Octordle behaved nicely with no guesses needed after the first two words up to the last line, and then got lucky on that one, so a 52. Quordle was a 6, 3, 7, 5 for 21. Wordle I eventually cracked after also doing the weekly but got there in the end with a 4 for a total of 77.

Weekly I came out with a 4, 6, 5, 2 for 17.

Wordle in 3.... It certainly is in my vocabulary.
Quordle 5 4 3 7 = 19
Octordle to the wire after a pretty good start for a disappointing 68

90 for me today will likely see me regaining my stirring implement.

Started Octordle before I was fully awake, never a good idea. Anagrammed a word half way through, gambled between two starting letters and lost for another, so went to the wire.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 6,7,8,4 = 25
Octordle in 73
Total 102

Total Score 89! Just! @rebrascora I am unsure whether to put "Like" or "Oh No"?! I suspect @Rob Oldfield will put together our best sectors!
It's going to be tight I think! Games in progress report I have a 5 for Wordle, then a 4, 5, 6, 8 for 23 on Quordle so that means a target of 60 on Octordle to get the winning score. But then I made a mistake on row 3 missing an anagram so it's definitely time to cue the dramatic music.

(Have to get something else sorted now, so will return to the puzzle in a while....)

@Rob Oldfield You can't just leave us in suspense like this!
Pretty confident you will achieve it going on form. My money is on 58 for Octordle.

My money is on 58 for Octordle.

After getting the third word wrong, 60 is the best I can do. Down to the last word now after success from row 4 on, but 5(!) options for that last one and only 3 lines left.

Hmmm.

Decided have to go for an elimination row, but can't cover all the options. And the result is a.... 61!

So total of 89 and a tie with @MikeyBikey

Did Wordle last night but then got bogged down in Quordle so went to bed. Woke up with high and rapidly climbing levels so jabbed basal and breakfast bolus plus correction and went back to sleep and woke 75mins later to low alarm on 4.6 and a sloping downward arrow. Oops! Thought a JB and getting up would fix it but the drop got faster. Libre being the drama queen it is showed 2.7 with a vertical downward arrow whilst I was completing the puzzles and eating my breakfast, but I very much doubt I was anywhere near that low. Up to 4.1 and level arrow now. Anyway....

Wordle in 4
Quordle was tricky I thought with 4 6 8 7 = 25
Octordle I got lured into an anagram but got there for 63

Total for the day = 92

Struggling with Quordle it's either tricky or my brain is not functioning well. Having dealt with some people on the phone today I think it's OK but the people I am dealing with are struggling! :ROFL:

Gave up and went to Octordle. Flowed well guesses 4 - 10 but then the multi choice scraping in for 62;

Could be the Spoon of Wood unless I crack Octordle. If I do will be making a potion for my digestive system. Only had water yesterday, and a slice of toast and a salt beef sandwich today. Think I have lost 7lb! :rofl:

Last edited:
Late to the party, did a quick dash down to Bristol and back to see family. Was logical but uninspired on the first two, started really well on Octordle, but then got bogged down in the middle and only just made it!
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 7,4,3,6 = 20
Octordle in 68
Total 93

Tricky ones today I think. Started well with a 3 on Wordle, but then wrong options on Quordle led to a 8, 3, 7, 5 for 23. Octordle kicking myself for missing something and ended with a 60. Totals to 86.

Completed them all in my usual pedestrian fashion.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8,6,3,7 = 24
Octordle in 63
Total 91

I didn't focus at all and ended up with a cricket score...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 6 4 8 7 = 25
Octordle for 73

Total of 102

Back