Wordle - Quordle Thread

It started averagely but then I lost it on Octordle! Instead of my usual starter word I put in my second guess for when I have no idea. I then thought I had a word but didn't but had enough to get a word on guess 3. But then I got in to stupid multiple guessing on Word 6 before just managing to scrape home. It was 50/50 but luck was with me om the last guess.

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7 for 20 (4, 3, 7, 6)
Octordle to the wire for 72

Total Score 96! Thus avoiding the Spoon of Wood slotting in between @rebrascora and @Robin

Screenshot_20240418-124705~2.png

Mixed bag for me.... Mediocre, poor and good...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 8 9 4 5 = 26
Octordle for 56

Total for today = 86

Another mixed bag...

Wordle in 3
Quordle 7 6 5 4 = 22
Octordle for 68 ....Lots of words with multiple options...

Total for today = 93

A 3 on Wordle for me, then a 3, 8, 6, 5 22 on Quordle and finishing with a 52 on Octordle (thanks to a lucky early 50/50 being correct). Total of 77.

And snatch it I have, just! Was doing Ok (for me) then got too rash in the middle of Octordle and had a couple of wrong wild guesses.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 6,5,7,3 = 21
Octordle in 70
Total 94

Not a good night. I posted in Before Evening Meal I had accidentally dragged my laptop off the table. It seemed ok once I had installed the Firefox update (probably a coincidence) but then I realised I couldn't access my photographs. Oops! Anyway it is now doing a file system check and repair that looks like it will run till breakfast at least.

The Wordles weren't good either with a tricky set of words and I had a DNF on Quordle although X does equal 10!as I had four placed letters!

Wordle in 5
Quordle DNFb(4, X, 6, 8)
Octordle to the wire for 65

No Total Score:(

I DNF'd better than you Mikey :D , so you can't share my spoon even if we tied on our total for the other two puzzles...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 9 X X 7 = DNF
Octordle for 66

No score today.

Very difficult batch of words on all 3 I think. Started with a 5 on Wordle, then a 3, 8, 4, 7 Quordle for 22 and a 58 on Octordle. Total of 85. Checking back post finishing there was one thing I could count as a mistake, but I'll take that as a decent result.

Didn’t manage to resist a gamble in the middle of Octordle, which didn’t pay off, but still an OK score for me. Scraped through on Quordle after a decent start.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 3,6,7,9 = 25
Octordle in 63
Total 92

Good point. Let's go with TIGER.

We were set the task of learning The Tyger by William Blake for homework at school. I was the only person who could recite it the whole way through. 🙂. It became favourite poem after
In Flanders Fields by John McCrae. I will try to use the correct spelling! 😉

Started with a stupid error. Made a typo on guess 3 of Wordle and it was accepted although I had never seen it before. So I took a step back and slowed down,

Wordle in 4 (stupid boy)
Quordle in 7 for 19 (5, 4, 3, 7)
Octordle in 11 for 60

Total Score 83!

Might as well tackle the Weekly Challenge now as not working tomorrow (er today)!

Started off brilliantly and then went down hill but scraped through by the skin of my teeth and probably a spoon winning score....

Wordle in 2
Quordle to the wire for a maximum score 6 7 8 9 = 30
Octordle for 68

That scores me a century for today.

Thankfully I did a bit better on the weekly challenge with a 6 3 5 8 = 22

Back