Wordle - Quordle Thread

Odd order for me today - I do actually tend to start all three and then switch between them. Finished Octordle first with a 60 after an early mistake, Wordle next with a nice lucky 2, and a 3, 4, 5, 6 for a Quordle 18 and a total of 80.

Bit better result today....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 2 5 6 4 = 17
Octordle for 60

Giving me a total of 81

Woke up from one of my recurrent nightmares (I am being held down kicking and swearing as they cut off my leg). Should probably have had tea but went for a caffeine fix but would have preferred a double Laphroaig 10 y.o. Tricky start with Wordle but improved! 🙂

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 7 for 19 (3, 4, 7, 5)
Octordle in 12 for 59

Total Score 83! Good gane @rebrascora ! Can anyone split us?!

Very pedestrian for me, I should wait til I’m properly awake with a second cup of tea on board.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 3,8,7,6 = 24
Octordle in 68
Total 97

I may not be around over the weekend, and I think it’s my choice for the Weekly Challenge, so how about BRAIN unless we’ve had it before.

Tricky ones today after my start words failed to connect well across the board. Did Quordle first and came out with a 4, 7, 6, 5 for 22, then moved on to Octordle. Recovered from the iffy start OK to get the first 4 answers on lines 3-6 but then the last 4 all had options and seems my guessing pixie was taking the day off ending up with a 58. So needed a 1 on Wordle to draw with @rebrascora and could only manage a 4 for a total of 84 and third place.

Back to my usual (sub) standard 🙄 today....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 6 7 8 5 = 26
Octordle for 65

Total of 95

Not good for me again. Attacked them in 'standard' order, good start but getting gradually worse. 2 on Wordle is always a nice start, but both Quordle and Octordle were trickier with starting words not hitting, a mistake and running into lots of options at the end. Ended with a 8, 3, 6, 5 for 22 and a 63 making a total of 87.

Slightly better than average Wordle followed by decent Quordle and Octordle each marred slightly towards the end as I had to search for letters. Fortunately Guess 9 solved Word 2, which solved Word 4 that gave me an anagram for Word 1!

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8 for 21 (8,6,3,4)
Octordle in 12 for 62

Total Score 86! Just sneaking in front! :rofl:

Flat pack is no longer flat. Had a poor start, but redeemed myself on Octordle.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 5,8,6,7 = 26
Octordle in 54
Total 85
Just realised, I’m ahead of the field, just!

Another not so good one for me today, but think quite a few tricky words in there. Started with a 4 on Wordle, then a 7, 6, 5, 4 Quordle for 22, and ending with a 60 for Octordle. Total of 86.

Well I flunked Quordle, so it's a DNF for me...

Wordle in 4
Quordle X 9 6 4 = DNF
Octordle for 62

Slightly worrying results so here we go. Tricky Wordle but after three guesses really had to scribble on pad to find a single word at all (BG 3.6). Was lucky with Quordle as had three words for last guess but decided had never heard American use either (started at 3.2 and finished 5.1).Some strange words in Octordle as in all games today. Finished 6.1

Wordle in 4
Quordle to the wire for 27 (8, 9, 4, 6)
Octordle in 12 for 59

Total Score 90! Looks like Mikey in the Muddle!

Last edited:
Very pedestrian for me, I should wait til I’m properly awake with a second cup of tea on board.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 3,8,7,6 = 24
Octordle in 68
Total 97

I may not be around over the weekend, and I think it’s my choice for the Weekly Challenge, so how about BRAIN unless we’ve had it before.

I did a search on BRAIN and found endless references like "hypo brain", "brain fade", "something on the brain", etc. I think we need a Brain Forum! 🙂 I didn't find any use of it as a Starter Word so let's go with it in 15.5 hours.

Better today although i made a stupid mistake in Octordle which cost me a life 😡 ...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 3 4 5 = 19
Octordle for 62

Total for the day = 85

Weekly Challenge using BRAIN was 6 8 4 2 = 20

Aargh! I failed the Weekly, despite getting my first word correct in 2 (guess which one!). Wasn’t concentrating, and was happily working my way through, when I suddenly realised I’d run out of lives for my last word!
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 7,6,4,5 = 22
Octordle in 63
Total 88

Back