Wordle - Quordle Thread

Interesting info on Wordle
Interesting to see confirmation that they've added in some new words. I did actually stop doing the daily https://duotrigordle.com/ because they introduced a bunch of really obscure new words that I'd never heard of - kirby ("a fishhook of evenly curved pattern" and geode ("a nodule of stone having a cavity lined with crystals or mineral matter") - are two that I remember.

It does sound like the Wordle updates are more 'real world'.

Done the first two whiklst waitibg for Patient Transport. If they are as late as yesterday there is no poinmt in going as group amputee are fixed time slots as not one2one sessions.

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 7 for 22 (4, 7, 5, 6)

Unusually beaten my sister (Modern Languages as opposed to Physics, IT) but her 53 in Octordle will be hard to beat!

@Rob Oldfield is safe as although I started well Octordle went pear shaped (double letter amid multiple choices) needing 12 guesses for 71!

Total Score 96! A Mikey in the Middle day! :(

Similar story as yesterday for me with a 3 on Wordle and a 3, 5, 7, 4 for a Quordle 19. Again started well on Octordle before hitting options but fewer than yesterday and managed to finish one behind @MikeyBikey's sister with a 54. Overall total of 76.

Bath Quordle and Octordle to the wire. Octordle included a mis-key but there are some unusual words!

Wordle in 4
Quordle to the wire for 26 (6, 9, 4, 7)
Octordle to the wire for 65

Total Score 95! Might be the Spoon of Wood! But I could always batter the fish with it!

Never fear Mikey, I made it into double figures today but only just ....

Wordle in 3.... then it went downhill....
Quordle 5 8 6 9 = 28
Octordle for 66

Total = 97

Words haven't used in decades , if at all, are becoming more frequent now. I will be off now to do a few etudes in my Fender Telecaster; :rofl:

Marginally better than yesterday thanks to an improved Quordle, but will likely still be taking home the spoon of wood although I very much appreciate @Robin relieving me of it for a day yesterday.

Wordle in 4
Quordle 6 7 3 5 = 21
Octordle for 66

Total = 91.

Words haven't used in decades , if at all, are becoming more frequent now. I will be off now to do a few etudes in my Fender Telecaster; :rofl:
My favourite is that modem is still on the include list. Should definitely be used more to confuse the whippersnappers.

Satisfying one today, managing to find an OK way past some tricky words. Started with a 5 on Wordle, then a 4, 7, 3, 6 for a Quordle 20, and ending with a 53 on Octordle for a total of 78.

Another poor effort from me....

Wordle in 5
Quordle 5 6 9 3 = 23
Octordle for 62

Total = 90

Another day with some tricky ones I think. Spent ages trying to think of a possible fourth word on Wordle but got there in the end. 4 for Wordle, a 4, 5, 8, 6 Quordle for 23, and a 52 on Octordle. Total of 79.

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8 for 23 (5,6,8,4)
Octordle in 10 for 58

Total Score 84! Back to Mikey in the Middle! Well this is real life not the movies! :rofl: Never seen a hero with phantom pain! Starting to ease now but feel GPs have zero understanding!

I don't think we have a Weekly Challenge Starter for later. If I am correct (and I am not always) I drew with @Rob Oldfield on 22. How about a hybrid solution (such a popular term these days)? I select two vowels ('I' and 'O') and @Rob Oldfield , the better wordsmith, selects three consonants?

I don't think we have a Weekly Challenge Starter for later. If I am correct (and I am not always) I drew with @Rob Oldfield on 22. How about a hybrid solution (such a popular term these days)? I select two vowels ('I' and 'O') and @Rob Oldfield , the better wordsmith, selects three consonants?
OK. Let's all break out our best 80s spangly gear and go with DISCO.

Back